Hyperhidrosis, Histadelia, And Chrolinergic Urticaria

MrSnrang

Okay. I've known about having hyperhidrosis for six years now because I discovered that my guitar strings would only last for about a month before I had to go ahead and change them from all of the rust and I couldn't use a leather racing glove for more than twenty-or-so hours without it starting to rip.

I always thought that my intolerance to heat, relatively-high photosensitivity, and hives after exercise were also part of the condition until a friend of mine said that I probably had a sweat allergy because my skin breaks out after PE. I also show signs of histadelia: insomnia, perfectionism, surplus saliva production, excess mucous production, and hyperactivity.

I've never had any alcohol, narcotics, or tobacco either

So does that make me some sort of mega-histadeliac? Does anybody have any information about treatments, or better yet does anybody have this too?

Edited by MrSnrang

One treatment for the symptom of hyperhydrosis is diluted Botox injections. I doubt that would be a cure, as it seems that there may be an underlying cause linking all your symptoms.

The Botox treatment is reasonably common in clinics like Apex for heavy underarm perspiration. But in such cases, I doubt there are the other symptoms you have mentioned.

I would think a visit to a dermatologist might be a good start.

Samitivej's dermatology department sucks pretty badly. They just look at you and prescribe your meds. There's no counselling, no questions about pre-existing conditions, no advice on what treatments to take.

I suppose after my Accutane treatment's done I'll go and see an immunologist. The idea of being pumped full of vitamin A derivatives, doxycycline, peroxides, and antihistamines doesn't really seem that appealing...

:D Poor you. I have extremely sweaty feet :o - not to the extent of hyperhydrosis. In the UK I was offered a sympathectomy. Essentially cutting the sympathetic nerves to my feet. I declined and while I still have the sweaty feet it doesn't seem to matter so much because of the lack of footwear or open toed shoes.

Good luck

endocrinology??? for further testing since its not just heavy sweating but other stuff as well

neurology for testing (some syndromes that u were mentioning could be neurological :perfectionism (some compulsive/obsessive disorders), insomnia (hyperactivity etc) etc that all together might be a larger picture ....even sleep clinic to check for sleep apnea and stuff

like u might have some kind of syndrome that has never affected your daily living but is there like learning disablities in some people not being identified, just learnign to live with it and then at age 40+ testing and finding out they ahve a 'syndrome'... often there is no cure but like u said, treating symptomatically and congnitively to improve

as my ex said, now he knows the name of the monster (super dyslectic and bad fine motor control for years he just thought he was clumsy and slow), he can work on some things to improve what he thought was just THE WAY HE IS...

im not saying u have a major problem, its just a different trail to choose when searchng for an answer to many symptoms

try googling/cross referencing and then search for doctors

just a suggestion... but there are good medical sites on the web