PM: Anyone expressing opinions that lead to unpeace in the country will be prosecuted

Lite Beer

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The people get the leader they deserve. We can all bash on the dear leader but if Thais weren't so corrupt and incompetent in leading this country then the current scenario would never be. He's getting frustrated by the lack of change thus step by step creating a dictatorship, it always goes like that.

Edited by PocoLoco

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha referred to the detention of Mr. Karun Hosakul, saying that the latter will be primarily detained for 7 days on charges of stirring unrest in the country which is a normal term of punishment related to this kind of offence.

Normal for this kind of offence?

The guy is deranged and Thailand is in a twilight zone...

It's quite easy : if you don't try to incite people to go out and commit violence and you are quite safe.

He's talking to people like those UDD terrorists and their sympathizers who cheered when the young girl was murdered in Trat.

Do you object that you are not allowed to do this ?. Does it put the kibosh on this communist uprising you keep hinting at ?. We are all still waiting.

I find it highly amusing that you think yourself competent to call someone else deranged.

Hi John

When the Bangkok bombings happened you were ADAMANT that it was red shirts that committed that atrocity. You very strongly inferred it (along with your dear leader) across several of the threads on the topic here.

It would appear that you WANTED it to be the red shirts so you could use it as moral point scoring in your twisted little world view. You see to me, that makes you just as bad as those ignorant fools that cheered the deaths at big C that day.

So then you have come full circle, you have become what you hate (as is so often the case with pure hate filled individuals) unless of course you apologize for your rampant accusations, which I doubt you will. I will remind you of this every time you bring up the Big C deaths, as it makes you a massive hypocrite.

The people get the leader they deserve. We can all bash on the dear leader but if Thais weren't so corrupt and incompetent in leading this country then the current scenario would never be. He's getting frustrated by the lack of change thus step by step creating a dictatorship, it always goes like that.

Don't you mean tank by tank and not step by step? It is not like this is a new experience for Thailand.

I think there is a song already written called, "Tanks for the memories." Bob Hope I think.

Edited by lostoday

I love all these comments about the word 'unpeace'.

You do understand that Prayuth speaks in Thai and anything you read about him saying is translated, most likely by someone in the press? No?

So all this stuff about Orwell and Newspeak,it is all nonsense 'cause the word didnt come from Prayuth.

This is a non English speaking country all, do try to get to grips with that.

It's from the National News Bureau of Thailand, copied verbatim from their English news site. It doesn't get any more official than that.

At least he has the balls to publicly announce and admit his urge and need to be the unopposed dictator. I like his chutzpah.

It's better than corrupt proxy leaders in other countries using NSA, CIA, FBI, IRS, etc. to intimidate individuals while trying to make the masses believe they have the power to vent through opposition.

Instead they try to make race wars to distract from the fact that their country is bankrupt and needs more debt and war to continue functioning.

Disclaimer: If this post offends anyone, I will delete it. No need to ban me for a few days or give me points for stirring things up.

Thank you for speaking the truth about the US and the General.

I was living here when a MEGLOMANIAC named ThakSin bought votes outside of Bangkok and became the PM.

I could see a lot of trouble coming and left in 2005 to wait for his departure before returning.

Waited 10 years and because of the courage or "chutzph" of a guy named Prayut, have finally been able to return and can see that thee is a RENIESANCE happening here.

We need to do everythig we can to encourage this and keep the WRONG people from interfereing.

It appears to me the he is genuine and read in the paper that the King of the country agrees.

Congrats, you worked the US & Thaksin into an otherwise blindingly moronic post. Well played!

"Mr.Karun had expressed his opinion and criticisms which were likely causing misunderstandings as well as not having respect for the law."

Yep, we should respect the law.

http://tastythailand.com/pheu-thai-party-mp-karun-hosakul-gets-kicked-in-the-backside-by-democrat-spokeswoman/

Is this article I gave a link to the reason for the PMs strong verbal warning?

You do understand that Prayuth speaks in Thai and anything you read about him saying is translated, most likely by someone in the press? No?

So all this stuff about Orwell and Newspeak,it is all nonsense 'cause the word didnt come from Prayuth.

It's from the National News Bureau of Thailand, copied verbatim from their English news site. It doesn't get any more official than that.

Sigh..,

That means the translation was done by a Thai civil servant.

Their English is not so great, so it's normal to see these curveball words used because they can't distinguish between Oxford dictionary English and commonly useg English.

But if you want to believe that Prayuth used the Thai equivalent of an Orwellian sounding word to spook English speaking expats, please go ahead.

"Mr.Karun had expressed his opinion and criticisms which were likely causing misunderstandings as well as not having respect for the law."

Yep, we should respect the law.

http://tastythailand.com/pheu-thai-party-mp-karun-hosakul-gets-kicked-in-the-backside-by-democrat-spokeswoman/

Is this article I gave a link to the reason for the PMs strong verbal warning?

No, my mistake. This is why.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0RB0O120150911

Don't insult the PM is what it's all about. I wish they could write this in the OP. Sometimes it's like trying to unravel the Davinchi code.

Does this include the current government?

The country is run by currents ??
Just wonder what is the raisin for your post, have you been out in the sun too long?

Take that plum out of your mouth, you old prune ;-)

"Tek that plum oot ya mooth", man. Taalk proppa like how what we dee...

Sigh..,

Their English is not so great, so it's normal to see these curveball words used because they can't distinguish between Oxford dictionary English and commonly useg English.

But if you want to believe that Prayuth used the Thai equivalent of an Orwellian sounding word to spook English speaking expats, please go ahead.

I didn't say that. Nor do I disagree with the observation that the official English language news bureau of Thailand could be improved.

However, until such time as someone arrives with a better translation, the PM has said the Thai language equivalent of "unpeace". (It's a real word according to several dictionaries)

I would hazard we all understand the gist.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

respect the law, Ha,Ha,Ha.

respect all the police who ride down the sidewalk with out helmets on. that sets a good example. the police need to obey the law before some one can respect them!

collect fines at trafic stops with no receipts! can get good coffee and donuts.

i could go on and on, but then i might be considered creating unpeace.

Sigh..,

I didn't say that. Nor do I disagree with the observation that the official English language news bureau of Thailand could be improved.

However, until such time as someone arrives with a better translation, the PM has said the Thai language equivalent of "unpeace". (It's a real word according to several dictionaries)

I would hazard we all understand the gist.

You can decide what you like.

The longer you stay here (hopefully) the better those decisions will be.

For now, I would advise you try being a little less literal and logical here. Certainly when it comes to interpreted text.

If you are unsure, then I advise starting off with translated episodes of Teletubbies. Just to see how far off 'professionals' are.

respect the law, Ha,Ha,Ha.

respect all the police who ride down the sidewalk with out helmets on. that sets a good example. the police need to obey the law before some one can respect them!

collect fines at trafic stops with no receipts! can get good coffee and donuts.

i could go on and on, but then i might be considered creating unpeace.

Donuts...Helmets......Ok....It also might be a challenge to find a member of the RTP in a mid/upper management level position that isn't a millionaire....in the $$$ sense, not the THB definition.

I think its time for all foreigners and expats to start packing their bags. Getting unsafe here...day by day.

What a BS! Quite safe actually as long as the green men are in charge, not sure for the growth of your business, but to stay for sure! And tell us, where would you go to, a nice and safe place, hot climate, cheap life, a lot of strange faces from all over the world? Brixton, maybe?

I was living here when a MEGLOMANIAC named ThakSin bought votes outside of Bangkok and became the PM.

I could see a lot of trouble coming and left in 2005 to wait for his departure before returning.

Waited 10 years and because of the courage or "chutzph" of a guy named Prayut, have finally been able to return and can see that thee is a RENIESANCE happening here.

We need to do everythig we can to encourage this and keep the WRONG people from interfereing.

It appears to me the he is genuine and read in the paper that the King of the country agrees.

And as someone connected to the country for probably far longer than yourself, I have yet to see any election where a political party was in existence that did not "purchase" votes. I can remember when banks in the rural provinces would run out of 20 baat notes in the days prior to an election. That was quite awhile ago.

Perhaps you should reconsider and go back to wherever you went back in 2005 or perhaps relocate to some neighboring states that are actually closer to establishing permanent dictatorships.

Edited by Rimmer