S.S.I and reporting USA social security

kwaione

I am going back to Thailand and am on SSI.. They say if your out of the USA for over 30 days they stop payment. I had the payment sent without ever telling the SSA and my parents sent the check over each month for 7 years, got married and divorced, never reported the marriage etc.. They never said anything to me about it... My father's girlfriend thinks they will prosecute my payee for sending it to me if I go for over thirty days..

Has anything changed? Customs doesn't report to social security and they don't know if your in the county or not..

Anyone else getting SSI sent over while there or does anyone know the current status on an issue like this?

I doubt an alarm goes off at social security if I go past 30 days without telling them especially since there are 34 million on SSI.. I doubt they are watching me.. What's your guys thoughts?

My expat friend lives in Costs Rica, and told me six months is okay..I get my SSI payment with Direct Express debit card which is exclusively Federal payments.The card company after my first withdrawal from K bank wanted to know if I was in Thailand, and unfroze the card when I said yes.

Only main branch of K bank or Bangkok bank have the old magnetic card readers, and charge 15.00 for into payments. I had no consequences in late 2013. I suggest to sign up for Direct Express online..

Good luck and Alpha..