Protecting our children from teacher frauds

London54321

Hardly evil is it - he's not a pedophile.

OP bases his reason for intending to report the individual is based upon two factors - the OPs perception that the individual is 'immoral', and lack of teaching paperwork. Immoral because he drinks and has smoked pot.. if so that would be along with 156 million others around the world - I assume he is not actually holding booze and ganja parties for the students?

Teaching with lack of licence is hardly anything new in Thailand.

I'd question the morality of curtain twitching grasses more than someone who drinks and smokes pot.

What you're missing is that the rest of your claimed 156 million pot-heads are not unqualified teenagers trying to teach our children.

Most rational, normal people would actually question the morality of those who question the morality of those trying to do the right thing, curtain twitchers or not.

What your missing is that the OP is conflating the two, and intimating that because the individual in question may drink and have smoked pot, that it somehow exacerbates the situation.

I'm not questioning doing 'the right thing', I'm questioning the logic upon which the OP has determined to be 'the right thing' which appears to be primarily based upon an archaic and unrealistic concept of morality.

"...the OP has determined to be 'the right thing' which appears to be primarily based upon an archaic and unrealistic concept of morality."

only if you ignore the fact that he is an unqualified 18 year old tourist, that has a great deal to do with the argument.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not ignoring that in the slightest.

I do not feel that the fact he is young and unqualified is 'putting the lives of Thai kids in jeopardy' - certainly no more than the thousands of other teachers in similar positions operating across Thailand, often in cases where the school cannot afford to pay a qualified one, and struggles in terms of locating them.

I already explained that my issue was with the OP making ridiculous moral judgements, and presenting them as if they exacerbated the situation. Given that the first thing the OP mentions is that the individual is of 'questionable moral character', I think it is fair to say that is is a primary motivating factor.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

No, it doesn't seem as though I'm missing the point. The point is that an unqualified teenage tourist has a job trying to teach Thai children and there is not much more that would be unfit than that.

You are right, I am very prejudiced against the unqualified being put in teaching positions as should everyone else but that prejudice is not based on ignorance it is based on knowledge and experience with real educators.

As far as knowing facts is concerned I don't imagine you know any more than the OP mentioned so perhaps you should refrain from deciding who should be permitted to post on this thread and leave this one alone also.

As far as the 'facts' go I can deduce from the OP is that this lad has been employed presumably by people who seemed satisfied enough by him, to employ him. Since then he seems to have settled into the job to the satisfaction of his employers- a 'fact' that seems to have got the OP into a right old tizzy.

He has admitted himself that he isn't sure of the qualifications; or lack of, of the lad.

I do not know any more than the OP but am appalled at his vendetta against someone he doesn't even know all the facts about. The more I read it the more I see ''My missus fancies this young bloke who is teaching at a local school'' Is what he really wanted to post but couldn't so had to make up a load of nonsense.

You are right, I am very prejudiced against the unqualified being put in teaching positions

Fair enough but I'd say you could say that about a good percentage of foreign 'teachers' here in Thailand, and that the OP could probably say that about most of the foreign teachers in the very same school this lad works at, yet I doubt he's 'investigated' any of their credentials as his missus doesn't fancy any of them.

I'll hazard a (wild) conjecture here, especially as the OP hasn't returned to his post, in that this youngster has turned up in the OP's sphere where he thought he was 'the only 'farang' in the village' if you will....and now, along has come some brash young lad possibly with more dynamism, language skills, charisma, money than he has and is turning the heads of the local lasses and the OP has been usurped as the centre of local focus which he doesn't like so is making up malicious lies about the subject in the OP, hoping someone in power at the school picks up on them.

I hope the kid finds out and sues the OP for every penny of the OP's pension money and then pops his missus one while the OP is in jail.

Thailand is a tough enough country to make it in without nasty malicious liars like the OP spreading BS about you.....

Most of your concerns seem legitimate except for the 'alcohol and pot' comment. If he's doing it in his own time and not at school or on school days then how could that possibly be relevant? I know some very good (and highly qualified) teachers who like to drink and party and it has no impact on their teaching as they only do it in their own personal time away from school.

"Can I send a report (to whom and where?) to have this investigated and NOT expose my family to expected abuse from only trying to protect our children from such miscreants? What should I do?"

I don't understand why you've come here to ask advise when you're sure of all your facts. Bottom line is that the person's working illegally, and you really don't know that the immigration police handle that? One quick report and you can sleep soundly again knowing you've saved the youth of Thailand. Who knows, maybe the police will even invite you to join them and 5 or 6 others for a photo op? You can point at the kid, knowing that when you were young you played by all the rules.

BTW, I completely agree that judging his morality to be bad and him to be a dangerous person because he uses drink and pot is perhaps a bit narrow-minded.

No, it doesn't seem as though I'm missing the point. The point is that an unqualified teenage tourist has a job trying to teach Thai children and there is not much more that would be unfit than that.

You are right, I am very prejudiced against the unqualified being put in teaching positions as should everyone else but that prejudice is not based on ignorance it is based on knowledge and experience with real educators.

As far as knowing facts is concerned I don't imagine you know any more than the OP mentioned so perhaps you should refrain from deciding who should be permitted to post on this thread and leave this one alone also.

As far as the 'facts' go I can deduce from the OP is that this lad has been employed presumably by people who seemed satisfied enough by him, to employ him. Since then he seems to have settled into the job to the satisfaction of his employers- a 'fact' that seems to have got the OP into a right old tizzy.

He has admitted himself that he isn't sure of the qualifications; or lack of, of the lad.

I do not know any more than the OP but am appalled at his vendetta against someone he doesn't even know all the facts about. The more I read it the more I see ''My missus fancies this young bloke who is teaching at a local school'' Is what he really wanted to post but couldn't so had to make up a load of nonsense.

You are right, I am very prejudiced against the unqualified being put in teaching positions

Fair enough but I'd say you could say that about a good percentage of foreign 'teachers' here in Thailand, and that the OP could probably say that about most of the foreign teachers in the very same school this lad works at, yet I doubt he's 'investigated' any of their credentials as his missus doesn't fancy any of them.

I'll hazard a (wild) conjecture here, especially as the OP hasn't returned to his post, in that this youngster has turned up in the OP's sphere where he thought he was 'the only 'farang' in the village' if you will....and now, along has come some brash young lad possibly with more dynamism, language skills, charisma, money than he has and is turning the heads of the local lasses and the OP has been usurped as the centre of local focus which he doesn't like so is making up malicious lies about the subject in the OP, hoping someone in power at the school picks up on them.

I hope the kid finds out and sues the OP for every penny of the OP's pension money and then pops his missus one while the OP is in jail.

Thailand is a tough enough country to make it in without nasty malicious liars like the OP spreading BS about you.....

I had the same "gut feeling" and now reading your thoughts seem to make perfect sense. It's all about a younger, more handsome guy who wouldn't even have to ask the OP's missus to have free, maybe paid rendezvous, out of the OP's pocket, from time to time.

The biggest enemies of foreigners living in Thailand are other foreigners. The OP is the best example for making a story up, because he hates somebody for whatever reason.

BTW, where's London?

"I know an 18 year old British tourist of questionable moral character (drinks and pot), who has never attended any university, never earned a decent score in any English course in grade school or high school, "

"My Thai wife is too scared to file a report but says as I too am a British citizen"

I very much doubt that that you're a British citizen. We don't have 'grade schools' and 'high schools' in Britain. We have primary and secondary schools...

Just curious what has the fact that he smokes "pot" and drinks got 2 with anything

Do you think there ant any teachers out there with the right qualifications who don't smoke pot or drink

It's 2015 that's plenty of places now in the world where that is legal

as long as he ant turning up on drink or pot I don't see what it has 2 do with the matter

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah, eh to be fair I'm of two minds on this

I suppose in a larger context we're all stakeholders in the educational environment, especially those with young ones in the system. From that perspective, I can understand why it may bother someone if a teacher at the school (especially if they have children attending said school). Consider it from this point of view, would you want your children taught back in your respective country by someone who hasn't been trained and vetted for the job?

Having said that, I doubt the fella is a danger and more than likely the worst case scenario is that the kiddos won't learn much. If we're going to string him up for that, then hell that's just the tip the iceberg isn't it?

The drug and alcohol thing, meh he's a young man. I'm reminded of my time teaching in Korea when Koreans would bitch about American soldiers there...my goodness you mean a bunch of 18 - 20 year old guys in a foreign country like to have a few drinks n laughs with the lads then go find some girls? Heaven forbid!

E

I had the same "gut feeling" and now reading your thoughts seem to make perfect sense. It's all about a younger, more handsome guy who wouldn't even have to ask the OP's missus to have free, maybe paid rendezvous, out of the OP's pocket, from time to time.

The biggest enemies of foreigners living in Thailand are other foreigners. The OP is the best example for making a story up, because he hates somebody for whatever reason.

BTW, where's London?

I agree 100% with lostinissan that the biggest enemies of foreigners living in Thailand are other foreigners.

You only have to scroll through some posts on TV to see how true his statement really is.

Edited by ldiablo

<snip>I agree 100% with lostinissan that the biggest enemies of foreigners living in Thailand are other foreigners.
You only have to scroll through some posts on TV to see how true his statement really is. <snip>

Thanks, it's really a fact. Just go to any foreigner "hangout places" and listen to their stories. Mostly about other people who're not there to protect themselves.

"Have you heard about Mr. XXXX's wife?" She wanted to have sex with me, or other stupid statements.

And there're plenty of other youngsters here teaching English. If it's an hour per week and the lad speaks an understandable English, it doesn't really hurt anybody.

But opening a thread to "blackmail" this guy is really something that shows how much hate exists between certain nationalities. The Op's definitely not a British citizen, more a Yankee?

I'm sick and tired of listening to stories about others, because I know that I'm also the topic of the day when I'm not there. So I stopped to go to such places and life's good.

The OP seems to be one of these guys I prefer not to meet. He didn't even get back to his "so important problem", where little Thai kids get killed by pot smoking kids....facepalm.gif

BTW, where's London?

Ahhhhh.....Its a big place a little bit North of Brighton

And I thought it's the biggest capital city in Europe? But some Brits do not think that they live in Europe.

I meant the OP, with the username London bridge is falling down....

"As far as the 'facts' go I can deduce from the OP is that this lad has been employed presumably by people who seemed satisfied enough by him, to employ him. Since then he seems to have settled into the job to the satisfaction of his employers- a 'fact' that seems to have got the OP into a right old tizzy."

Your deducing anything is not factual.

"The more I read it the more I see ''My missus fancies this young bloke who is teaching at a local school'' Is what he really wanted to post but couldn't so had to make up a load of nonsense."

"yet I doubt he's 'investigated' any of their credentials as his missus doesn't fancy any of them."

That is nothing more than your ridiculous, vivid imagination that deserves nothing but contempt.

"Thailand is a tough enough country to make it in without nasty malicious liars like the OP spreading BS about you....."

Bloody hell, that's rich coming from you considering the nasty, malicious BS you posted about his wife.

Bloody hell, that's rich coming from you considering the nasty, malicious BS you posted about his wife.

I have only 'speculated' about his wife in a manner that the OP would see as 'factual.

That is nothing more than your ridiculous, vivid imagination that deserves nothing but contempt.

As, indeed is the whole post......and your ridiculous opinions....

We had one older farang teacher in a poor public high school who had the degrees etc but the problem was he was a serious bible beater who seemed to forget he was suppose to be an English teacher and not a PREACHER.

He caused a lot of problems trying to shove his religion down the kids throats and telling them they would go to hell if they didn't drop Buddhism and accept "his" jesus. I actually had thai kids come up to me and ask me..."what is hell?" Just imagine how thrilled their Buddhist parents were the the kids came home to tell them that their teacher says their religion is all wrong and they will go to HELL? What a horrible thing to do to ANY kid.

I was very happy when the complaints from parents, teachers, and even the kids ended up in his dismissal.

I suspect the OP school may well have hired the 18 y.o. kid through a bangkok agency that doesn't seem to vet anyone very much and is only interested in their fee. A lot of the rural schools have no clue about hiring farangs and even less clue about checking their backgrounds.

As long as the kid is not a pedo or a bible beater or a full time drunk and shows up neat and clean everyday and at least attempts to get the kids to interact in English that he likely does more good than harm. There is little doubt the other thai teachers have a pretty good idea what is going on and will blow the whistle if he crosses the line..

Nobody likes a grass.

And no-one likes an unqualified teenager teaching their children one of the most important subjects.

He`s a bolshy, kid the will be found out soon.

When he`s found out, he will be stopped, okay?

If he is `having fun` at the moment, is it a real problem?? Not like farangs to have fun in Thailand, is it now? wink.png Falling out of bars and women is far worse you know.

Unqualified, yes! Having more of an affect than Thai teachers teaching English, probably!!

Let it run its course &lt;deleted&gt;. No real harm done.

BTW, where's London?

Ahhhhh.....Its a big place a little bit North of Brighton

And I thought it's the biggest capital city in Europe? But some Brits do not think that they live in Europe.

I meant the OP, with the username London bridge is falling down....

Did you not know, when there is mist over the English Channel the Continent is isolated.