Bangkok blast: Arrest warrant issued for Pakistani Abdul Tawab

webfact

BANGKOK BLAST
Arrest warrant issued for Pakistani

THE NATION

30269047-02_big.jpg
ABDUL TAWAB

BANGKOK: -- MIN BURI Court yesterday issued an arrest warrant for Pakistani Abdul Tawab on charges of possessing explosives and weapons without a permit. The items in question might have some connection with the Erawan Shrine and Sathorn Pier bombings last month, police said.

A police source said the man might be the head of a human trafficking syndicate that helped two bomb suspects - a man wearing a blue shirt seen in a video passing the crime scene and another man who fled to Malaysia.

Police used clues obtained from searches of an apartment in Nong Chok district on August 29 to convince the court to approve the warrant.

Reports have suggested that Tawab had twice transferred funds to a bank account belonging to a Turkish man who is the husband of Wanna Suanson, a Thai woman also wanted by police but whose whereabouts are unknown.

Last month, two explosions rocked the capital. The one on August 17 at the popular Erawan Shrine killed 20 people and wounded more than 100. At least five Chinese tourists were killed and many others hospitalised. The other blast on the following day under Sathorn Pier caused no casualties.

Authorities are desperately struggling to bring the perpetrators to justice but so far have only two men known as Adem Karadag and Mieraili Yusufu.

Police have failed to narrow down their nationalities, roles in the bomb plot and motives, but give a lot of confusing information to the public every day.

A lawyer said a man earlier identified as Adem Karadag based on his fake passport is in fact named Bilal Muhammed. He was captured at an apartment in Bangkok where some bomb-making materials were also seized on August 26.

His nationality is also unclear. Thai police needed assistance from the Turkish embassy to check more than 250 passports that police had retrieved from the apartment where Muhammed was nabbed. Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri, a police spokesman, said the embassy officials could not verify the passports but police cannot have them sent to Turkey for examination as requested by the embassy, as they are pieces of evidence. "We might copy the barcodes and pass them to Turkey for verification," he said.

Police would also ask Turkey to trace one of the prime suspects, Abu Dustar Abdulrahman, or Izan, who reportedly flew from Bangladesh to Turkey, Prawut said. However, no contact between Thailand and Turkey on this point has not been officially made , although Thai police have said this to the public for days.

Deputy National Police chief General Jakthip Chaijinda blamed the media for the failure, saying their in-depth stories alerted all the suspects.

"If the media hadn't reported on the suspects' movements, we would have got them last week," he said.

Jakthip obtained no significant information during his visit to Malaysia on Wednesday after a report that Kuala Lumpur had arrested three suspects for illegal entry.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Arrest-warrant-issued-for-Pakistani-30269047.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-18

The only reporting the media did was in reference to the statements coming out of the mouths of the police. Put a sock in it!

Oh, one more thing. The police aren't finished yet. Get the reward money back, you pikers!

The only reporting the media did was in reference to the statements coming out of the mouths of the police. Put a sock in it!

Oh, one more thing. The police aren't finished yet. Get the reward money back, you pikers!

You do have a point about the money. The guy captured was definitely not the bomber.

QUOTE :"If the media hadn't reported on the suspects' movements, we would have got them last week," he said.

Last week, pull the other one.

The media have only reported what big mouthed, yack, yack, yack Thai officials have been telling them.

Shut the f&@k up. Then you can get them next week, no lame excuses needed.

"There are going to ask Turkey to trace one of their key suspects" and for how long have they known about this guy why have they not acted sooner and why according to reports have they had no contact with Turkish authorities about the Turks they named as suspects.

I haven't a clue whats going on here.

This guy makes an interesting point about how the operation might be a jointly resourced action by the Uighur and people smugglers. Motive and skills from Uighur and resources and logistics from people smugglers.

one

Not difficult to imagine how they became bedfellows.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Viewpoints/Geopolitico/Truth-behind-Bangkok-bombing-may-never-be-known

"There are going to ask Turkey to trace one of their key suspects" and for how long have they known about this guy why have they not acted sooner and why according to reports have they had no contact with Turkish authorities about the Turks they named as suspects.

My guess is that Turkey has told the Thai cops to ge nicked....and now all this rubbish is being released....

No-one has a clue what they're doing IMO.

Most of the International Terror Network bombed the cities has members of Pakistani nationals, including bombing in NY, London, Madrid, Mumbai etc. Now in Bangkok.

Most Pakistanis know how to make deadly bombs.

How big a majority of 185,000,000 people are you suggesting have passed their bomb-making course?

"police cannot have them sent to Turkey for examination as requested by the embassy, as they are pieces of evidence."

Have the police heard about "embassies?"

Police can share the passports to Turkish authorities at Turkey's embassy in Bangkok for inspection. The Turks can bring whatever scanning equipment needed to confirm authenticity of the passports in the presence of the Thai police. Custody of the passports is never given up.

You would also think that the turkish authorities would have nabbed miss Wanna Susaan and her husband by now, haven't Thai police got the nouse to trace/tap the cell phone calls from mommy and daddy bear who have been telling them to stay home could turkey have intercepted the cell calls and pinged the location, Oh thats only in the ting tong movies..

The in-depth information from police has been, yes he did no it didn't happen affair from day one.

They released information that the bomb pair would try to slip through the Sungai Kolok border, and apparently they did with help, so they failed miserably to secure the worst border in Dodge city.

Other than that they should pay back the reward, and learn to hush up to the media untill they have something--- sorry BIB your fault give money back now!wai2.gif

I think Thailand is ripe pickings for you know who. Thais are afraid to say Muslim or terrorist or Muslim terrorist. That's what is happening in the south and all over the world at this time in history. They are afraid to offend even those who attack and kill on Thai soil. A cancer should not be described as extraordinary cell activity.

The police are not completely honest either. Just yesterday I read that the Turkish Embassy said publicly the Thai police have not asked for their assistance on the Turkish Embassy FB page. Furthermore, I am confident any European and North American embassy could verify a passport as real or fake right here in BKK ... so ... I don't know ... but I would think the Turkish embassy could do the same if they have been so keen to join the EU and are a NATO member.

The reward money has long been divyed up and disappeared. I often wonder about its origin. Quote "If the media hadn't reported on the suspects' movements, we would have got them last week," he said. The blame game continues. The media was only reporting what came out of the official investigators loose lips. They have captured 2 out of a possible 13 and for the BIB that is a decent score. Should be enough to have a show trial. Case closed.

I love the Thai reporting and news, yes this man did it, sorry no it was this man, no it was this girl, it was not a Thai, but we don't know who or what nationality they were, or even their colour, they was there, no they was not there, they live here, no they don't, you get my drift, i think they wake up in the morning then decide how the day will pan out on how the public see them.

Are you RTP?

sorry I couldn't resist.

"police cannot have them sent to Turkey for examination as requested by the embassy, as they are pieces of evidence."

Have the police heard about "embassies?"

Police can share the passports to Turkish authorities at Turkey's embassy in Bangkok for inspection. The Turks can bring whatever scanning equipment needed to confirm authenticity of the passports in the presence of the Thai police. Custody of the passports is never given up.

Seemingly they haven't even picked up the phone