Locals decide to fix damaged Phuket road themselves

webfact

Locals decide to fix damaged Phuket road themselves
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1442554312_1-org.jpg
Three of the four men repair the section of damaged road.

PHUKET: -- Four local people took it upon themselves to carry out repairs to a small section of damaged road in front of the Samkong Temple close to the Samkong underpass construction site yesterday (Sept 17) because they have become fed up with the number of accidents caused due to the state of the road.

The four, Somsak Jaupsri, Kanin Raksaraj, Jiradet Sawatdichan and Suthisak Srikong, some of whom are Kusoldharm rescue workers and have helped people who have been involved in accidents on the road, carried out the repairs in a bid to reduce the number of accidents happening there.

Mr Somsak today (Sept 18) told The Phuket News, “We have heard about so many accidents where people have been injured because of the state of this road.

“Two of my friends are Kusoldharm rescue workers and they have helped many of those who have had accidents here so we decided to fill the damaged section of road, which was about one metre long and 10 centimetres deep, ourselves. We collected some money to buy asphalt to fill it in, and yesterday we filled it. It cost us B350.

“Next we plan to fix Thepkrasattri Rd on Sunday afternoon (Sept 20) where there are more dangerous holes.

“I don't want to see someone else to fall into these holes. It will not be good if parents take their children to or from school and fall because of the holes.

“We have received a lot of positive feedback on social media and now people have offered to help us buy more asphalt. Some people have also promised to help us fix the roads,” Mr Somsak said.

Mr Kanin added, “Today we collected 15 bags of asphalt. I would like to thank everyone who is supporting and helping us. We don't want to be famous because of what we have done. But we don't want anyone else to get hurt because of this road. We do what we can. We have complained about it, but nothing has been done.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/locals-decide-to-fix-damaged-phuket-road-themselves-54154.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-18

Typical council workers - one actually performing any type of physical work, two managers talking about their upcoming weekend and the third on his phone, taking photos in-between Facebooking! giggle.gif

These guys are doing something good for the community. What have you done?

I applaud these guys. There are still people left in Phuket who do the right thing.

The department that is responsible for the roads around here should be dismantled and those guys put in charge.

Typical council workers - one actually performing any type of physical work, two managers talking about their upcoming weekend and the third on his phone, taking photos in-between Facebooking! giggle.gif

I applaud these guys. There are still people left in Phuket who do the right thing.

The department that is responsible for the roads around here should be dismantled and those guys put in charge.

there's 1million people here, anyone with half a brains knows that at least 900 000 of those thais are nice people who care about others. 50k idiot is a small % but thats enough people to notice them non-stop everyday

there's 1million people here, anyone with half a brains knows that at least 900 000 of those thais are nice people who care about others. 50k idiot is a small % but thats enough people to notice them non-stop everyday

Well, I stopped socializing with people who have only half a brain so forgive me my ignorance :)

Well, I stopped socializing with people who have only half a brain so forgive me my ignorance smile.png

So I guess you socialize only with people with no brain giggle.gif

Well, I stopped socializing with people who have only half a brain so forgive me my ignorance smile.png

So I guess you socialize only with people with no brain giggle.gif

No, the word "only" should have suggested the other direction. Good luck next time though.