BKK-JFK Which Airline Has Least People From..

junkofdavid2

Hi guys, I do NOT want this to turn into a racist or Chinese-bashing thread; I just pose a factual question and request a factual answer from our experienced fliers out there. *Btw I'm ethnically part-Chinese wai2.gif

Which of the following airlines BKK-JFK (or other NY) would have the least number of mainland Chinese, from your *experience* (not assumptions)?

(Again, I have *nothing* at all against these passengers; just that customs of their majority are incompatible with mine on a long haul flight.)

Cathay Pacific (Note that this is a HK airline, not a mainland Chinese one)

EVA Air (Taiwanese)
Asiana

Emirates

Korean Air

*Also welcome other airline suggestions for economy class.

No racial bashing please smile.png

Edited by junkofdavid2

I have flown both Emirates and Korean Air within the past year. I can't attest that the Chinese weren't Mainland, but I would say less than 20% where Chinese. I flew Cathay in May 2014 and the majority where Chinese.

If you have the luxury of time on your side, you could do a 'detour' via Europe and virtually avoid seeing any Chinese passengers.

Since Emirates takes the eastern route to Asia via Dubai (or is it Abu Dhabi?), you would be in company with a majority of Middle Eastern and South Asian passengers. Also, in my experience, a larger proportion of crying babies.

Take your pick.

Edited by dddave

I always fly China Airlines (Thats Taiwanese, as opposed to mainland China Air) to either LAX or SFO. I know they fly to JFK, not sure of the frequency though. I think CI gives the best deals and with the new 777-300 a good flight experience.

As for the racial composition of the flights, majority Taiwanese, Taiwanese Americans and a smattering of American Whities, Hispanics(me included) and some assorted folks.

I did travel once when some English guy got blind drunk and had to be tie wrapped to the seat until we landed in LAX...there's some racial profiling LOL

Too bad United wasn't on your list. The flight attendants can be so surly, you won't care who the passengers are.

They were my airline of miles (not so much of choice) when I commuted between the USA and Beijing. Jeez, was I happy when I discovered Asiana was part of the Star Alliance.

I really like the airport in Seoul. Good Korean food.

Incheon kinda drives me crazy. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I always seem to have to make the trek down into the bowels of the satellite terminal then the train to the main terminal, which is inevitably packed to the gunnels and certainly doesn't add to travel experience... I'll eat Korean food, but certainly isn't at the top of my favorites for Asian cuisine, so thats not a deal breaker.

The Asiana lounge, as a side note, also isn't high on my list of Star Alliance lounges, some of the most awful food selections imaginable.

I really like the airport in Seoul. Good Korean food.

Incheon kinda drives me crazy. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I always seem to have to make the trek down into the bowels of the satellite terminal then the train to the main terminal, which is inevitably packed to the gunnels and certainly doesn't add to travel experience... I'll eat Korean food, but certainly isn't at the top of my favorites for Asian cuisine, so thats not a deal breaker.

The Asiana lounge, as a side note, also isn't high on my list of Star Alliance lounges, some of the most awful food selections imaginable.

Interesting.

That's how I feel about Narita.

Anyway, Incheon is one of the top rated airports in the world so I think you might have a minority view.

My luv affair with Asiana was sealed the first time I had to change the return leg of a dirt cheap R/T ticket. They allowed one change with no charge. I can't count the number of discount United return tickets I burned because it was cheaper to buy a new one than change an existing one. (I haven't flown Asiana in 5 years, so I doubt they're still doing the free change- anyone know for sure?)

Incheon is nice enough, with enough restaurant selection in the departure side that I didn't really care about the lounge- even when I did qualify as a Premiere Exec member.

Thai Airways plus British Airways via London is 22h total travel time (BKK to JFK).

Quickest connection via Hongkong is 19:40h.

So time difference is not that crucial,

But I guess the price difference will be whistling.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 weeks later...

whistling.gif I have flown both ways on Emirates, from The east coast of he U.S. to Bangkok thru Dubai.

Most of the passengers were non-Chinese. I believe they are using an Airbus 380 on that route also

Incidentally I just heard that BA is now offering a service from Bangkok thru Heathrow from Boston Mass and maybe New York also.

The Emirates flight I did was from Boston, Mass to Dubai, and then on to Bangkok.

27 hours from start to finish with a stopover for at least 4 hours in Dubai.