Thailand cops win award for 'creative economics'

Jonathan Fairfield

These fools dont have any idea how much people despise them and laugh at them for their incredible incompetence - Police in other countries couldnt act so idiotic even if they tried ... blink.png

I have to agree with your comments. After watching that BBC documentary on ThaiVisa this afternoon, I was amazed: unhelpful police, crooked lawyers, forged signature, thieving wife, even the Deputy Governor couldn't help.

These fools dont have any idea how much people despise them and laugh at them for their incredible incompetence - Police in other countries couldnt act so idiotic even if they tried ... blink.png

When I look at the US police problems than I really prefer the Thai police.....

Agreed. How about the White cop who shot an unarmed man in the back for running away, or the White cop who kills a 14 year old Black adolescent holding an unloaded air gun in a store, or the White cop who shot an unarmed Black homeless man in Los Angeles, etc, etc, etc... Then the best one of all: a young White man sits in church with people for an hour then pulls out a .45 and murders 9 African American people. When he was arrested the cops ran right out to Burger King and bought him a meal to keep him settled. I wonder how many Black suspects they went out to buy a burger for. Believe me, I feel much safer with Thai cops than American cops, and I was one... for six months. That was how long it took me to realise I was among the most corrupt and vicious people in my community.

You are afro-american, you live in Bkk, and you look like a Nigerian or a Ghanean, do you? Just a guess about the reason for the BiBs to leave you in peace: you might be a drugdealer or a pimp part of the 'trusted' gangs...

And you bad-white-copper-shoots-poor, peacefull-unarmed, coloured-guy is IMO pure, radical BS, for no money in the world, even armed to the teeth and wearing top body armour, would I want to spent one day (...and night!) on the beat in a US city! There are caucasian criminals, sure, there are hispanic criminals, no less, but the afro-american gang guys roaming the streets, carrying (illegal...) super powerfull guns, and many times drugged to oblivious, are A FACT, and, aggravating factor, they are protected by their community, arrest one of those criminals, and you have an escalating riot within the hour. When the afro-american community does not take its head out of its arse and stop this chain of events, put a sock in the mouth of those self-profiling preachermen and self-proclamed (black...) human rights activists, it will get a lot worse, but that's the game of this despicable bunch, isn't it? Power and money there too, isn't it? How would you think the vast majority of peacefull afro-americans would react when all PDs would stop patrolling in their suburbs 'to avoid conflicts with local groups', because most of the officers in the force are caucasians (because about no-one else goes for that kind of job)? They would all come on the streets shouting: 'we want police protection'! Get a life, or is this a racial thing for you?

Edited by bangrak

Given the context of this op one has to wonder if the police are unaware of the humor part. They probably think it is a real award for their idea. Meanwhile, the rest of the world can read about idiocies and laugh at them. I personally would have thought the un-boiled egg would be the winner for this prize.

what about somyot giving himself and his merry men 3million baht that's what I call creative economics.

@ thesetat2013: I agree with you..

because if the thai Government realized this is a joke (at the expense of Thailand), then I am sure we would read a story about how the owners of the ameircan website will be arrested next time they enter thailand.

@ h90: i also completely agree with you. I would much prefer Thai Police corruption in my country,,, rather than the evil tyranical Policing back home in our countries.

back home, it is a police state and they treat citizens like shit. I will settle for greedy petty corruption anyday (instead of the nasty stuff we read about back home)

Edited by easybullet3

Yeah, at least the Thai cops don't need 9 officers to jump on and arrest a teenager for jay walking. Or shoot you for not showing your ID quickly enough or taser you for the slightest misdemeanour (if you're a non-white citizen that is).

Oh no, they generally smile as they take your 200 baht for not wearing a helmet or speeding. clap2.gif

Don't discount the police force here they are learning.

The subtlety of this put-down will never penetrate the fog of self-importance, ego & greed. It was a photo opportunity: A pic of him, his boss & two (nearly 3) mates, all looking appropriately "oh-so-serious," two weeks basic salary prize money and a picture on some Falang website he can show the kids. How can any of that be a bad thing? PS it was probably the best of 50 photos they took that day on 8 different I-phones!

Given the context of this op one has to wonder if the police are unaware of the humor part. They probably think it is a real award for their idea. Meanwhile, the rest of the world can read about idiocies and laugh at them. I personally would have thought the un-boiled egg would be the winner for this prize.

I wonder if they sent someone to the ceremony to pick up the 1 000 000 000 000 Zimbabwe dollar note prize?

I suspect that if they realised the full ridicule factor of their particular prize, a defamation suit would be following.

• 1 month later...