Mushrooms

kevc

If you stack up some rice straw and let the chickens shit on it awhile then let it get rained on alot (or water it alot) and straw mushrooms will grow...in some shade is good...maybe under a tree....

Chownah

P.S. I live in the north and don't know if this will work in other regions.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

My mother in law goes up in the mountain and gathers mushroms daily. plus they gather mountain crabs also.

I would never have believed that crabs lived in mountains, but in Loei, I know they do.

The mushrooms are various colours and sizes, personally I prefer the ones out of tins.!!

Anybody got any experience growing mushrooms on a small scale

We tried it - bought some bottles of spores (I think that's what you call them) and built a "shed" using bamboo and black webbing, stacking the bottles inside with rice straw.

The result was O.K. but not a great success, we had fresh mushrooms for a couple of weeks - enough for family meals.

The farm we bought the spores from does appear to do very well on a large scale commercial basis.

Anybody got any experience growing mushrooms on a small scale, nobody I know here grows them they all seem to go pick them from the wild.

Any help appreciated :o

i am no expert on mushrooms but have wanted to grow them for the past couple of years.

but as yet i have not found a suitable piece of land near to my house or i dont have the time

to do it big time.

many people get wages out of growing mushrooms in my village in northern thailand,some grow them in the rice fields in the dry season,growing them under straw with plastic sheets,when the rains come they move into bamboo straw huts and repeat the process under cover on bamboo beds.

others grow the brown mushrooms in bamboo huts on wooden tressils,they put a compost into

little plastic bags and stack them on top of each other,you can stack thousands in a very small space.

what ive seen you must get the temperture of the room right other wise they dont grow very good ,

you have a go m8 you can start with a small outlay and build it up if you want to

post-18138-1159426372_thumb.jpg

Anybody got any experience growing mushrooms on a small scale, nobody I know here grows them they all seem to go pick them from the wild.

Any help appreciated :o

Hopefully there is a pic of a little thatched roof house thing with black walls with this post.

The family grows mushrooms for the village upcountry.

Wife says that they use rice straw and cover with plastic.