After hour night clubs in Bangkok

NewInPatts

What are some decent (not pick up spots) that open after hours in Bangkok?

Especially some which play electronic music.

Not looking for anything like spicy or something like that. A proper after-hour club which goes from 5am till lunch time or some like that.

I have only found one so far which is a total crap shoot. So if anyone knows any decent club (not pick up spot) please let me know.

If they open during the week, even better! wink.png

Edited by NewInPatts

"A proper after-hour club which goes from 5am till lunch ..."

5am till lunch? You gotta be kidding. That ain't after-hours. That's the next day. After hours ends at 5am at which time good men and women go home and cough, cough, and then get dressed and go to work.

Having said that, try Glow. I haven't been but know people who swear by it's EM (deep house?). I don't know if it's open late but you can find out. Don't want a pick-up spot? Well, hey, if you don't want to be picked up, ain't nobody gonna pick you up.

5am to lunch would be after hours in some places - you know like ibiza, berlin, london

not going to find anything like that in bangkok tho

ecstasy fuelled rave scene never hit thailand

Thats exactly what I was looking for.. those after hour clubs you have in berlin, amsterdam and such places. Playing some mellow deep house etc..

Doesn't exist.

This is Bangkok, not Ibiza Town - you've got Wax and Glow, not KM5 or DC10

With but a handful of exceptions, foreign DJs in Bangkok are utter <deleted> so they'll be unfamiliar with the kind of deep house I suspect you're looking for.

When you ask these idiots who their MUSICAL influences are, instead of naming real artists, they'll reel off a list of DJs whom they admire for their trendy tattoos, friendship bracelet collection and their ability to make hand-hearts and punch the air just as the drop comes in.

Seriously, I shit you not

If you're a talented DJ, you're not in Bangkok playing to wannabe-hip Thais, Antipodean clowns in fishermen's pants and 3rd rate Eastern European models who think Swedish House Mafia actually make house music.

No, you're in Europe or parts of the US playing to a musically-knowledgeable crowd that can spot filler from the Beatport Top 50 within the first few bars of a track and make sure you KNOW they can

Any idiot can play to a clueless audience of social media poseurs and get applause. Playing in Bangkok doesn't require you to raise your game because, put simply, most of your audience doesn't know the difference between house and trance

If 95% of the sets I've heard at places like Glow and Wax were played in London, the DJs would have been beaten to within an inch of their lives.

Your best bet is to pick up some birds, bring them back to yours and play your own compliations

Soi Cowboy maybe or soi 4 .... blink.png

'5am to lunch would be after hours in some places - you know like ibiza, berlin, london

not going to find anything like that in bangkok tho

ecstasy fuelled rave scene never hit thailand'

Thank god for that !! drugs are illegal .

'Thats exactly what I was looking for.. those after hour clubs you have in berlin, amsterdam and such places. Playing some mellow deep house etc..'

maybe you should go back to london or Amsterdam ........ you can sit there bombed out and do nothing .. blink.png

maybe you should go back to london or Amsterdam ........ you can sit there bombed out and do nothing .. blink.png

Not sure what this has to do with drugs if one wants to go for dinner at 9pm - have a few drinks after and hit the club at midnight and the whole club closes at 3am the latest.

Can anyone provide coordinates for spicy, swing and glow?

You mean an address..? Spicy and Swing are on Rong Muang 1. Glow is on Suk 23.

Maybe Swing is back to where it was opposite Spicy on Rong Muang Soi 1... but last time I was there they said it had moved, I had to take a taxi to it, wasn't more than 1 minute away though

Is glow open? Google maps says closed... weird

97pO5lU.png

Edited by jspill

Not sure what this has to do with drugs if one wants to go for dinner at 9pm - have a few drinks after and hit the club at midnight and the whole club closes at 3am the latest.

Hey, that's about my schedule too. But I don't go to sit at a table for 5 hrs. making clucking noises about the music, DJs and how I miss hanging with Paris and Stavros at Ibiza, while wondering if I can get away with a 5 baht tip for a Chang instead of 10 which would definitely help it being laundry day tomorrow.

No, for 3 hrs. nonstop I dance, drink, mingle, and sweet talk the babes, pickup and non, onto the floor. And then at 3am I call an ambulance and get stretchered home and if the EMT babe is cute enough and willing there might be one last cuddle to be had at the back of the van before lights out. And that's just one night of fun down with many more to come.

Look, New, this ain't the West with club's full of sad people full of drugs pretending to be full of happiness and coolth. Bkk's basically a genuinely happy place (despite all the current and well-know issues). So toss the pretensions and get with the program.

no that's fine , but another post mentioned an ecstacy party ....

keep away from the drugs ...thumbsup.gif

Doesn't exist.

With but a handful of exceptions, foreign DJs in Bangkok are utter <deleted> so they'll be unfamiliar with the kind of deep house I suspect you're looking for.

When you ask these idiots who their MUSICAL influences are, instead of naming real artists, they'll reel off a list of DJs whom they admire for their trendy tattoos, friendship bracelet collection and their ability to make hand-hearts and punch the air just as the drop comes in.

If you're a talented DJ, you're not in Bangkok playing to wannabe-hip Thais, Antipodean clowns in fishermen's pants and 3rd rate Eastern European models who think Swedish House Mafia actually make house music.

No, you're in Europe or parts of the US playing to a musically-knowledgeable crowd that can spot filler from the Beatport Top 50 within the first few bars of a track and make sure you KNOW they can

Any idiot can play to a clueless audience of social media poseurs and get applause. Playing in Bangkok doesn't require you to raise your game because, put simply, most of your audience doesn't know the difference between house and trance

If 95% of the sets I've heard at places like Glow and Wax were played in London, the DJs would have been beaten to within an inch of their lives.

Your best bet is to pick up some birds, bring them back to yours and play your own compliations

Well said.. so far we did our own after-hours and just rented a decent hotel room in the morning. Obviously not the best solution (music) but better than nothing.

Edited by NewInPatts

Doesn't exist.

Well said.. so far we did our own after-hours and just rented a decent hotel room in the morning. Obviously not the best solution (music) but better than nothing.

So, in Bkk and after routing about in TV for hours, you spend the night in your room.

Lordy, lordy, you and I need to sit down and have a chat. But in the interim here's another tip: RCA. Bunch of Thai-style clubs. You may or may not like the music but go with Thais and you should have fun.

Doesn't exist.

So, in Bkk and after routing about in TV for hours, you spend the night in your room.

Lordy, lordy, you and I need to sit down and have a chat. But in the interim here's another tip: RCA. Bunch of Thai-style clubs. You may or may not like the music but go with Thais and you should have fun.

I think you got that totally wrong. We are usually out in places like RCA / Escobar / Safe House and such but afterwards there is nothing much going on so we just rent a room together and continue our 'party' there.

As people have said, you wont find many places that play mellow house

Glow plays house, they closed for a renovation, but I think have reopened now, its a small club but ok.

I've heard that safe house on Thong lor is good, R3HAB was there recently, though I haven't been myself.

Big do on tomorrow at narcissus, most people are on something, but its trance music (main room downstairs), haven't been for a while, so it may have turned to shit

All late closing, depending on when the police turn up, but nothing like the next afternoon.

Try asking in bangkok expats on Facebook, there may be newer options I don't know of

Had awesome parties in narcissus (narz) before which was open till mornings don't know abt nowadays tho didn't go for long time.

Last weekend we ended up on khao san in the cliff which stays open till 6 am or so, not the best place imo but something a little is all u need

Can anyone provide coordinates for spicy, swing and glow?

You mean an address..? Spicy and Swing are on Rong Muang 1. Glow is on Suk 23.

Maybe Swing is back to where it was opposite Spicy on Rong Muang Soi 1... but last time I was there they said it had moved, I had to take a taxi to it, wasn't more than 1 minute away though

Is glow open? Google maps says closed... weird

97pO5lU.png

I haven't been to Swing in a few years so it might well have moved nearby.

Google maps is probably saying Glow is closed because of the time you were looking at it- if it was before 10pm at night then it'll say it's closed because it's not opened for the evening yet.

But the place is definitely still going.

Doesn't exist.

LOL.

With Thais you will also end up in some condo.

On the way there they'll first need to call their agent for another bag of ice and once that sorted things just continue until the club's open again.