Is it easy to get a 60 days tourist visa after almost 2 yrs of ED-visa?

I am on ED-visa extension. I am studying Thai in Jomtien. My language school has now told me it will close down on 30 September (reason: not enough Russian students). My extension ends on 13 October, I had planned to study Thai until the end of the year (one more extension of my ED visa), but I will now have to change plans. I have a flight ticket to Amsterdam on 11 December, so I need to get a visa for the 60 days (13 October - 11 December).

After almost 2 years of ED-visa (+extensions), will I have problems getting a 60 days tourist visa (single or double entry) from Savannakhet (double entry would be handy as I come to Thailand after Christmas but will have go back to Europe for 2 weeks again in February)? or are there easier/better solutions than a 60 tourist visa from Savannakhet (I would prefer Savannakhet as I have been there before)

To complete the picture: I will marry my girlfriend next year (paperwork will only be ready by then) and get a Non-O based on marriage (Hello again Savannakhet).

Make sure you get a letter from your school that you are canceling your ED-Visa (double check all info, dates, passport, name)

I change from ED to Tourist for 6 months to overcome time needed for getting 50yo for a retirement. But that was 1.5 years ago.

Maybe now the school letter is no longer needed, but I am sure ubonjoe will know that

Edited by ronthai
  • Like 1

Make sure you get a letter from your school that you are canceling your ED-Visa (double check all info, dates, passport, name)

I change from ED to Tourist for 6 months to overcome time needed for getting 50yo for a retirement. But that was 1.5 years ago.

Maybe now the school letter is no longer needed, but I am sure ubonjoe will know that

The letter is no longer needed if you go to Vientianne (sp?) Laos, I was there 3 months ago and got a Double Entry TV after 5 years of being on a ED Visa with no trouble at all

However we all now things can change at anytime so best to check before you go

I went to the trouble of getting a cancellation letter from school when doing the same thing a couple of months ago.

Apparantly there were issues with not being allowed out of Thailand at Nong Khai only without the letter. They didnt ask for any letter so they may well have stopped doing that now. Maybe better to have one with you just incase but only for the friendship bridge crossing