Chinese Visa in Pattaya

trevor67

Hi, anyone know of an agent in Pattaya, that can get me a Chinese tourist visa at a reasonable price. I have gone to the Chinese embassy in the past ,and gotten it myself (1100baht) , but I dont fancy going up there and back twice. I did find one place but they wanted 6100baht.

1100 baht is a good price, You most likely won't find anything near that, but There is one good travel agent in the Arcade on second round, I would go ask him Malee travel the parade is directly across from Mikes on second road.

good luck

Thanks for that, I will check it out. Chinese tourist visas at the embassy have been 1100 baht for quite a few years now, (4 day turnaround). I used to get my visa's thru an agent on Buakow,( 5yrs ago) it was 2500 baht, which was very reasonable, as it would cost close to 800 baht to take the bus/BTS there and back, 2 times (drop off and pick up) plus 2 wasted days. Then the Chinese embassy changed the rules for a few years and disallowed it. Now you can use a service again. I have gotten Chinese visas in Phnom Penh for $55.00 with a 2 day turnarond service.

FYI

http://th.china-embassy.org/eng/sgxw/t1298948.htm

Starting from Sep 22th 2015, all the ordinary passport holders wishing to visit the mainland of China are requested to apply for visas, and all the applications are requested to apply for the Chinese Consular Authentication at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC). Since 22nd September 2015 to 28th September, 2015, the applicants will not be charged any service fee except the Visa fees and Authentication fees.

On Tuesday 29th September the Chinese VISA Application Service Center will be closed for the Opening Ceremony in the morning. It will be open to the public at 2:00 PM and the service fees will be charged.

Adress:5th Floor,1550 Thanapoom Tower,New Phetchaburi Road, Makkasan,Bangkok,10400
Tel:(66)2207-5999 ,(66) 2207-5888
Fax:(66)2207-5977 ,(66) 2207-5988
Email:[email protected]
Office Hour: 09:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday(Holidays will be announced on the website.)
Remark: Apply for VISA time 09:00 – 15:00(Express and Urgent service need to apply before 11:00)
Payment and Pick up time 09:00 – 16:00

It does mention that some places do postal service for VIsa, so might be worth a phone call? Also, they do a Rush service which if you get their 9am, you can pick up the visa the next morning so a night out in BKK?

Have fun when you go :)

FYI

Starting from Sep 22th 2015, all the ordinary passport holders wishing to visit the mainland of China are requested to apply for visas, and all the applications are requested to apply for the Chinese Consular Authentication at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC). Since 22nd September 2015 to 28th September, 2015, the applicants will not be charged any service fee except the Visa fees and Authentication fees.

On Tuesday 29th September the Chinese VISA Application Service Center will be closed for the Opening Ceremony in the morning. It will be open to the public at 2:00 PM and the service fees will be charged.

Adress:5th Floor,1550 Thanapoom Tower,New Phetchaburi Road, Makkasan,Bangkok,10400

Office Hour: 09:00 16:00 Monday to Friday(Holidays will be announced on the website.)

Remark: Apply for VISA time 09:00 15:00(Express and Urgent service need to apply before 11:00)

Payment and Pick up time 09:00 16:00

It does mention that some places do postal service for VIsa, so might be worth a phone call? Also, they do a Rush service which if you get their 9am, you can pick up the visa the next morning so a night out in BKK?

Have fun when you go smile.png

In other words, apply for your visa before the 28th of September or it will cost more.

New fee schedule:

อัตราค่าบริการของศูนย์ฯวีซ่าจีน

ทางศูนย์ฯวีซ่าจีน จะเป็นตัวแทนสถานทูตจีนในการรับชำระค่าธรรมเนียมวีซ่าและค่าธรรมเนียมการรับรองเอกสารทุกกรณี (ธรรมดา เร่งด่วน และด่วนพิเศษ) และนอกเหนือจากค่าธรรมเนียมดังกล่าวแล้วทางศูนย์ฯวีซ่าจีน จะมีการเรียกเก็บค่าบริการสำหรับดำเนินงานของทางศูนย์ฯวีซ่าเองอีกด้วย

โดยมีอัตราค่าบริการสำหรับการขอวีซ่าแบบทั่วไป 500 บาท, แบบด่วน750บาท และแบบด่วนพิเศษ 950 บาท ค่ารับรองเอกสารสำหรับบุคคลธรรมดาแบบทั่วไป 350บาท, แบบด่วน 750บาท และแบบด่วนพิเศษ 950 บาท สำหรับนิติบุคคลแบบทั่วไป 700 บาท แบบด่วน 1,100บาท และแบบด่วนพิเศษ 1,300 บาท

Source

I'll leaving it in Thai script, as I don't want anyone to have to depend on my translation.

FYI

Office Hour: 09:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday(Holidays will be announced on the website.)

Remark: Apply for VISA time 09:00 – 15:00(Express and Urgent service need to apply before 11:00)

Payment and Pick up time 09:00 – 16:00

Have fun when you go smile.png

Thanks for that...they are now (at least after the 28th) using a Visa Service Centre, in which you have to pay an extra 500baht. So for non-Thai's (not including US) it is now 1100 baht +500baht=1600baht.There new website still has some hyperlinks that dont work, and the email I sent to the address provided, bounced back.

http://www.visaforchina.org/BKK_EN/generalinformation/visaknowledge/278160.shtml

It appears that a travel agency service can still be used, obviously at extra cost......and a mail-in application may be possible, but I wont know until they supply a proper email address.

http://www.visaforchina.org/BKK_EN/generalinformation/faq/278195.shtml