Crazy traffic cops

recom273

I have seen it all today.

7.00 am on Phetkasem Rd around Samut Sakorn

I saw a bright light flash out from the central reservation on a 3 lane carriageway. I was doing 120kmh in the fast lane, at the same time I saw a light in my wing mirror, I was confused and pulled into the middle, then the bright light started moving fast away from the concrete barrier.

Bear in mind it's still dawn light, the pickup that overtook me moves over in front of me.

The light was a policeman dressed in black waving a LED torch to get the guy to stop ?? He had a buddy on the left who waved the pickup to the hard shoulder by waving another torch from the slow lane.

I guess the guy was doing around or above 150 kmh, because he came up behind quickly.

Two things

1. The first cop must be crazy, running out into the fast lane with just a torch. The guy must have some watermelons in his pants.

2. The pickup could have easily just put his foot down in the middle lane and kept on driving. Why stop ?

Not only was it a crazy situation, I could have had an off at 120, the guy could have slammed in his brakes, he could have ploughed through the man in black.

What evidence do they charge the guy with ? Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a camera or two ?

Well usually when they do that they do have someone up the road taking snap shots and then call ahead for the car to be pulled over. It's insanity to be standing in traffic like that though it once got me out of a ticket as an officer tried to tell me that I'd never be able to stop in time if some elderly person NOT paying attention pulled out from the intersection of the elderly community behind him up the road from us but yet it was a clear view to the intersection, it was a 3 lane rd at that point so plenty of distance from the side street to read an react.

I told him that if that's the case his attention should be on the elderly people dangerously pulling out of the side street not those who have the right of way, and besides he just stepped right out in front of me at least 200 feet BEFORE the intersection in question and I had no problem stopping a nice controlled stop for him without making him road pizza and moreover had pulled over right behind his motorcycle in the left hand turn lane. He knew he'd never be able to fight that one in court so he handed me back my license and told me just to drive safely and have a good day and I did likewise and went on my way.

Edited by WarpSpeed

If I believed that they were trying to reduce traffic fatalities I would be in favor of the suicide approach .. But chances are they were out to line pockets.

It's good to get out of your province, we don't have crap like this in Songkhla. The boys are far too busy in petrol smuggling and people trafficking.

Seen far too many high sided pickups overloaded to the max. There was a roadblock and they were all fined. I didn't see a skip full of durians by the kern, they were paying the tax and on their way, choking the fast lane.

I was riding back from Udon Thani late one night on my bike when some traffic cops jumped out onto the highway with flash lights.. they were looking for drunk drivers. I was very surprised to see this because most of the traffic was moving 150+ on this very dark stretch of road.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

Just on my way to min buri via rama5/chang wattana when traffic suddenly halts due to a police check. To avoid the slowing cars i kept right when i noticed police stood in the middle of the road flagging me down. Told me to keep left, I told him how dangerous it was and pointed to the trusty drift action cam where he responded, ok mai pen rai and sent me on my way.

Third time in a month but as soon as they see the camera the let me go so i question the keep left rule!

Edited by BBJ