Fours arrests made in Phuket for drug possession

webfact

Fours arrests made in Phuket for drug possession

1443073586_1-org.jpg
Kingkulab Buthdeekam, 36, was arrested with 4.40 grams of ya ice and Namthip Ponsalee, 33, with one ya bah pill in Soi Nanai in Patong.

PHUKET: -- Police arrested four in the space of 24 hours when they were found to be in possession of a variety of drugs including kratom, methamphetamine (ya bah) pills and crystal meth (ya ice) and ammunition.

Yesterday afternoon (Sept 23), a Chonburi man was arrested at his rented room in Talad Yai with 1 kilo of kratom leaves, kratom juice and five bullets in Talad Yai.

A team from Phuket Provincial Police arrested Athipat Kamsiri, 26, after receiving a tip-off from undercover officers that he had been selling kratom leaves and juice to teenagers in Moo Baan Saphan Hin in Vichit and the surrounding area.

Pol Lt Ritthichai Chumchoy said, “We came to Athipat’s rented room just as we was about to leave. We searched him and his room and found 30 bundles of kratom leaves inside a plastic bag, kratom juice still warm in a pot and the bullets in the wooden box in the bedroom.”

Athipat told police that he bought 2 kilos of kratom leaves from a woman named Nuan and paid her B1,400 per kilo. He picked up the kratom from her home in the Sapanruam 1 Community on Monday (Sept 21).

“I sold some of the leaves to local teens for B100 per bundle,” Athipat told officers.

“Athipat told us that the bullets belonged to his friend called Ton who had left them at his room two years ago,” Pol Lt Ritthichai added.

Athipat was taken to Phuket City Police Station where he was charged with illegal possession of a Category 5 drug and illegal possession of ammunition.

Thalang police seized 1,140 ya bah pills and six .22 bullets from 40-year-old Nipon Choonak at 10pm yesterday at his rented home in Srisoonthon.

The arrest of Nipon came after narcotics police arrested 43-year-old Yuthtana Baojareon in Rassada for drug possession.

When questioned by police, Yuthtana gave police his dealer’s name and address.

“We arrived at Nipon's room and found him sitting on the front porch. We searched him and his room and found 1,100 ya bah pills in separate bags and 40 pills inside four plastic straws. We also found six bullets inside a plastic bag,” said Pol Lt Ritthichai Chumchoy.

Nipon told police that ten days ago he bought 2,000 ya bah pills from a man named Prasit Sae-ing whom he contacted by phone.

“I paid B280,000 for them and Prasit dropped them off to me behind the Wat Srisunton School in Thalang. I have already sold some to local teens. The bullets I bought from a friend of mine and I use them to shoot small animals,” Nipon told police.

Nipon was taken to Thalang Police Station where he was charged with illegal possession of Category 1 drugs with intent to sell and illegal possession of ammunition.

Meanwhile, in the early hours of this morning (Sept 24), Kathu police arrested two women in Patong after undercover officers suspected they were selling drugs on the street.

Kingkulab Buthdeekam, 36, was arrested with 4.40 grams of ya ice and Namthip Ponsalee, 33, with one ya bah pill in Soi Nanai.

Pol Lt Col Suthichai Tienpo from Kathu police said, “Undercover officers told us they thought the duo were selling drugs so we searched them and found four bags of ya ice on Kingkulab and one ya bah pill on Namthip.”

The two were taken to Kathu Police Station where they were both charged with illegal possession of a Category 1 drug with intent to sell.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/fours-arrests-made-in-phuket-for-drug-possession-54241.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-24

I saw a program , think its on Youtube about British people locked up for Gear in Thailand. Every one of them was Grassed or set up to sell gear to a copper. 1 bloke got caught out with a shed load of E's and got 50 years. He was ranting , as you would do, about getting set up by Police and locals, the ones he'd been looking after before they got caught out