Bangkok blast: Suspect 'confesses' he planted Erawan shrine bomb

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai police claim first suspect they arrested is Bangkok shrine bomber

BANGKOK: -- Authorities say the man identified as Adem Karadag was seen on CCTV, despite earlier saying it was unlikely either of the two men detained were the bomber

Thai police on Saturday said a foreigner held in custody over last month’s deadly Bangkok attack was the same yellow-shirted man seen on CCTV placing a rucksack at the shrine moments before the blast.

Authorities have earlier said it was unlikely that either of the two men detained over the 17 August blast, which left 20 dead, were the bomber in what has been an often confusing and contradictory police investigation.

On Saturday national police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said the investigators now claimed the first arrested suspect, a man police identified as Adem Karadag whose nationality remains unconfirmed, was the bomber.

Prawut alleged he placed the bomb at the shrine then called a motorbike taxi and changed his shirt at a restroom in nearby Lumpini Park.

Karadag’s lawyer – who says his client’s real name is Bilal Mohammed – could not immediately be reached for comment but earlier this week had cast doubt on rumours of his confession to the crime and has said his client was not in the country at the time of the attack.

The suspect now faces up to eight charges including premeditated murder, Prawut said.

Karadag is due to undergo a reenactment of his alleged role in the crime – a standard Thai police procedure – starting at the shrine.

Read More: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/26/thai-police-claim-first-suspect-they-arrested-is-bangkok-shrine-bomber

--TheGuardian 2015-09-26

Nothing to do with terrorism :- boys name is Bilal Mohammed so obviously nothing to do with Islam, mummy and daddy just liked the name. When will the world wake up and realize that these people are a danger to everyone.

If i read nowadays some one confessed something i not very sure it wasn't done without torture by the police just to bring forward a person or some persons either they are involved into that bombing or not as long they can present someone who confess (the way they cofesed in the murder case on Koh Tao)....

That's Thailand, far from any legal procedures in crime cases!

Thai police claim first suspect they arrested is Bangkok shrine bomber

BANGKOK: -- Authorities say the man identified as Adem Karadag was seen on CCTV, despite earlier saying it was unlikely either of the two men detained were the bomber

Thai police on Saturday said a foreigner held in custody over last month’s deadly Bangkok attack was the same yellow-shirted man seen on CCTV placing a rucksack at the shrine moments before the blast.

Authorities have earlier said it was unlikely that either of the two men detained over the 17 August blast, which left 20 dead, were the bomber in what has been an often confusing and contradictory police investigation.

On Saturday national police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said the investigators now claimed the first arrested suspect, a man police identified as Adem Karadag whose nationality remains unconfirmed, was the bomber.

Prawut alleged he placed the bomb at the shrine then called a motorbike taxi and changed his shirt at a restroom in nearby Lumpini Park.

Karadag’s lawyer – who says his client’s real name is Bilal Mohammed – could not immediately be reached for comment but earlier this week had cast doubt on rumours of his confession to the crime and has said his client was not in the country at the time of the attack.

The suspect now faces up to eight charges including premeditated murder, Prawut said.

Karadag is due to undergo a reenactment of his alleged role in the crime – a standard Thai police procedure – starting at the shrine.

Read More: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/26/thai-police-claim-first-suspect-they-arrested-is-bangkok-shrine-bomber

--TheGuardian 2015-09-26

Nothing to do with terrorism :- boys name is Bilal Mohammed so obviously nothing to do with Islam, mummy and daddy just liked the name. When will the world wake up and realize that these people are a danger to everyone.

Hold your horses, you are hurting their religious feelings! It was an act of "something" and didn't have to do anything with religion, letting alone islam. Islam is a religion of peace, anyone who did read any of the 164 Jihad verses knows that. beatdeadhorse.gif

LOL why not release the CCTV footage earlier as they already had their man.

Because they don't want to jeopardize the investigation. Works the same in any country.

No because they need time now to set up the DNA, if it was not them it will be now, they are scum anyway and were involved in terrorist acts whether directly or not, so i don,t give a shit how the evidence is found

Karadag confesses to be Erawan Shrine bomber

1512-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Adem Karadag or Mohammed Bilaturk has confessed to be the person who planted the powerful bomb at the Erawan Shrine.

According to Metropolitan Police Bureau deputy spokesman Pol Col Ekarak Limsangkart, Karadag confessed to the team of metropolitan police which went to interrogate him at the 11th Army Infantry Regiment’s detention centre yesterday.

But he said the police have yet to look for evidence to verify his confession.

He said the police still did not fully trust his confession until evidence could be gathered to confirm he had planted the bomb.

It needs several steps to ensure if his confession was true, he said.

He asked for a few more days to verify the confession before “good news” could be announced.

Meanwhile Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuong confirmed Karadag is not a scapegoat, but evidence collected so far pointed to him.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-09-25

Seems a bit short on man-power to listen to a confession - I don't see uncle Tom Cobly anywhere.

Sack the photographer. He took the shot before the police had chance to get their pointy fingers out.

Who are the guy's with the cheap beach road t shirts on...undercover detectives...lol

Oh how angering that idiot comment is from the police chief "Thai police best in the world"...what a disgrace! The biggest worry this country has to offer are the police and the messed up legal system. With them in charge who knows what's really going on with this case anyway..

"If all those 10 explosive devices had been planted, they would have caused massive damage to Thailand. Thanks to all the sacred beings, the country was spared from disaster," Somyot said.

It must've been all the amulets bought from the honored vendors at the talads that saved this holy country.

"If all those 10 explosive devices had been planted, they would have caused massive damage to Thailand. Thanks to all the sacred beings, the country was spared from disaster," Somyot said.

It must've been all the amulets bought from the honored vendors at the talads that saved this holy country.

Just a little bit of trivia for you - as tragic as the Erawan blast was, it actually could have been much higher. As it occurred on a Monday, there were no flower sellers and other stall holders crowed along the footpath as on other days. Just shows you that bureaucracy (and fate) had a hand in keeping these people from becoming potential victims too.

Didn't I read, earlier today or yesterday, a police statement saying that the DNA found at the scene of the bombing did not match that of Kradang and that they were getting it tested again. Why should a second test give a different result?

Why, easy - you keep testng until you get the result you ask for.

I am and the Thai people are grateful to the police that they caught this guy early or it would have been worse as the police said there were enough to build 10 bombs. I feel disgusted by these farangs hungry for more innocent deaths by saying he is not the bomber when CCTV clearly show it is him including cell phone records.

"playing dumb". That's enough to deserve a financial reward.

The Thai police did not say the Malaysian have the bomber it is the Malaysian that said they believe they have the bomber now we know why the Thai police were not interested and you guys were bashing them at that time well because they have the real bomber. They might not have made it public because they might have wanted some more info by playing dumb

They got the bomber didn't they

Have they?

"playing dumb". That's enough to deserve a financial reward.

The Thai police did not say the Malaysian have the bomber it is the Malaysian that said they believe they have the bomber now we know why the Thai police were not interested and you guys were bashing them at that time well because they have the real bomber. They might not have made it public because they might have wanted some more info by playing dumb

They got the bomber didn't they

Have they?

You tell me unless your eyesight is really bad http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Suspect-confesses-he-planted-shrine-bomb-30269521.html

I am and the Thai people are grateful to the police that they caught this guy early or it would have been worse as the police said there were enough to build 10 bombs. I feel disgusted by these farangs hungry for more innocent deaths by saying he is not the bomber when CCTV clearly show it is him including cell phone records.

"early". So if I show up at an aerodrome a week late, I'm "early"? Pray supply us your definition of "early" as it does not match any known to the English language.

"early". So if I show up at an aerodrome a week late, I'm "early"? Pray supply us your definition of "early" as it does not match any known to the English language.

Can't take it can you Thai bashers that the police did a great job better than any of the west can do actually

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

"For me, Thai police are the best in the world. I believe police have evidence, but I can't disclose anything further about this."

Stopped me dead in my tracks. My jaw is on the ground a few kilometres behind me. Does this chief clown even know the number of people pointing fingers at his entourage and laughing their <deleted> off???

Best at collecting urine samples in public?

Can't take it can you Thai bashers that the police did a great job better than any of the west can do actually

It is clear that you have never been or followed the news anywhere west.

They don't deserve your disgust.

They are here because they couldn't make it back home.

Social refugees that they are.

You must be thai! Brainwashed and no imagination whatsoever. And why does not believing he is guilty before he has been to a court of justice make anyone hungry for more death? There is strange notion we have in the west called innocent until proven guilty. I know you like to make these judgements before a court case because you know you are right. Edited by ourmanflint

Just a little bit of trivia for you - as tragic as the Erawan blast was, it actually could have been much higher. As it occurred on a Monday, there were no flower sellers and other stall holders crowed along the footpath as on other days. Just shows you that bureaucracy (and fate) had a hand in keeping these people from becoming potential victims too.

It has been said that the elements within Thailand who arranged this bombing were well aware of the day the Thai vendors are not at the shrine since the focus was on harming foreigners, not killing fellow Thais.

Boy are you ever gullible. Must be Thai.

Oh how angering that idiot comment is from the police chief "Thai police best in the world"...what a disgrace! The biggest worry this country has to offer are the police and the messed up legal system. With them in charge who knows what's really going on with this case anyway..

I think he meant to say the Thai police are the richest police in the world. The Thai to English translation often comes out sounding kind of ludicrous