Sending funds to my Kasikorn account while I have expired debit card

I am currently out of the country and my Kasikorn debit card will expire before I return. I wish to transfer some funds there before my return. I believe I can withdraw funds using my bank book so my question is would you consider it safe to make the transfer before I am able to renew my card? Any help from any of the experts here would be much appreciated. I am not a permanent resident so always worry a little about any possible problems regarding accessing my money!

Thanks in advance.

Am not sure what are you asking. You can always transfer funds into your account - there is no card required for that - just the account number/name/address and Swift code. But if you are asking about obtaining funds with bank book that would require it be done in Thailand I would think but there should not be any issue doing so once in Thailand.

That should not be any problem because you can always fill out withdrawal slips at any bank branch and obtain funds with show of your passbook and passport. Just have enough money with you to take care of any airport expense/show of funds requirement.

That should not be any problem because you can always fill out withdrawal slips at any bank branch and obtain funds with show of your passbook and passport. Just have enough money with you to take care of any airport expense/show of funds requirement.

I understand however, that you can only use the passbook at the issuing branch, (maybe wrong, but thats what my Kasikorn branch told me in Pattaya)

I understand however, that you can only use the passbook at the issuing branch, (maybe wrong, but thats what my Kasikorn branch told me in Pattaya)

I have used just the passbook to withdraw at different branches - never heard of issuing branch only. The debit card is optional -

I think you are worried for no reason. The account is in your name, you can prove who you are, and you canmake withdrawels any time you want. I use Kasikorn Bank and can use any branch. ALSO, you can apply for a replacement card at any branch, not only your original branch! Relax, it's YOUR money!

I did exactly this (sent a lot of money to the account) but took £500 in cash just to tide me over until I was able to withdraw money on a new card. Then after landing in Thailand, I dropped into a Kasikorn branch with a printout from the web site of the card types available. Of course they wanted to give me a 'better' and more expensive card, but then ordered a new simple 'K-Debit' one that I collected from the branch the following day.

See here for details of the different card types: http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Debit/Pages/Debit.aspx

"I understand however, that you can only use the passbook at the issuing branch, (maybe wrong, but thats what my Kasikorn branch told me in Pattaya)"

Surely a misunderstanding. You should be able to make a withdrawal, with your bank book and with passport as ID, at any branch. All those mini-branches you see at the malls exist primarily as a convenience for the purpose of accepting deposits or providing withdrawals for people who have accounts opened at other branches.

I've done it quite often at various Bangkok Bank branches and I'm certain Kasikorn & other Thai banks do the same.

Edited by Suradit69