Power Steering pump survives + gas smell + window film

ClareQuilty

Be nice if the attackers were removed as well.coffee1.gif

Yes, here let me help make that clear for those who may misinterpret, "attackers"...not "defenders" of which it seems one of those posts actually was.. coffee1.gif Unless there was at least another "attacking" post posted AFTER the defensive post that was deleted prior to. blink.png

Yeah, it uses bluetooth, not the toothpaste smile.png

But Mad as I've mentioned at least twice now, but can't yet confirm since I'm not certain of the year of model, his system is not OBDII as I understand from researching, it is Motronic OBDI and if that is the case he can not read the codes from the ECU in that fashion, he has to attach a jumper to a 2 pronged plug in the fuse panel box under the hood and then read the CEL in the car on the dash as it sets off a series of flashes to indicate the problem code and this system is very limited to engine only issues and if he had something it could read and there was a working light bulb in the dash it'd already be flashing on until read and cleared.

Edited by WarpSpeed

...can't yet confirm since I'm not certain of the year of model, his system ...

I think it is a 1996 or '97, and it has the 2.0 liter engine (the 'XU10' engine), with the 5 speed.

BTW, I just got back from a trip to Khon Kaen, around town, and back, and the car is just a joy to drive now. Lucked out on no gas odors (my passenger might've been offended), and the new light clutch set-up was wonderful. In addition, the mechanic seemed to have got the idle and general fuel flow just right, and the car was quite spritely around town and as usual a fine cruiser on the highway. He didn't specify what he had done fuel-wise, but he did agree with my belief that the car will get better the more it is driven, mentioning again that it wasn't driven at all for 5 years.

Edited by ClareQuilty

Those Plug In analyzers are clever. I dived into Honda with Engine Overheat flashing. It was caused by leaving the drivers door window open and a rainstorm soaked the switches overnight. In my younger days the engine would have been in bits to resolve the prob.30 mins later, with new 5 switch block replaced.PERFECT.

Ok well there is still a few letters missing from your engine code to help narrow it down, but all I can find shows that it is an OBDII 16 pin connector, doubt it will tell you anything though, but it sounds like maybe it's been solved with some adjustment at this point. Yeah the more you drive it the more it'll clear out, the same thing is happening with my Rx8 that I purchased a couple of months ago, it wasn't run for a while but worse yet it wasn't run hard which the Renesis engine requires to blow out the carbon which is what prematurely kills these rotary engines. I did a sea foam treatment in the engine as soon as I got it, also did the throttle body, the oil was new looking when I got it in spite of it being close to changing point and after I've sea foamed it and run it hard the oil is nasty black and coming out tomorrow and the car has noticeably better throttle response and HP now as well as running smoother.

Ok well there is still a few letters missing from your engine code to help narrow it down, but all I can find shows that it is an OBDII 16 pin connector, doubt it will tell you anything though, but it sounds like maybe it's been solved with some adjustment at this point. Yeah the more you drive it the more it'll clear out, the same thing is happening with my Rx8 that I purchased a couple of months ago, it wasn't run for a while but worse yet it wasn't run hard which the Renesis engine requires to blow out the carbon which is what prematurely kills these rotary engines. I did a sea foam treatment in the engine as soon as I got it, also did the throttle body, the oil was new looking when I got it in spite of it being close to changing point and after I've sea foamed it and run it hard the oil is nasty black and coming out tomorrow and the car has noticeably better throttle response and HP now as well as running smoother.

As a new poster here I'm impressed with your knowledge of everything automotive, as I'm sure most others are. I don't want to be accused of going off-topic but I'd be interested in hearing your background relating to cars, if you have the time. Thanks.

I hope my off topic response will not be deleted in kind. I appreciate your post it sounds a bit suspicious in tone, especially being a new poster, hard to know, it could go either way but I will give it the benefit of the doubt as not being a troll and being sincere. I hope you'll understand my skepticism, there are more then enough here who also bring their friends around or post themselves as another nik for just a few antagonizing posts just intent on starting a slagging match for their personal amusement.

My more than 30 years of experience is well documented in threads here, (too much to suit some who are some how offended or threatened with such things) it ranges from personal vehicles of dozens over my lifetime as well as more than 30 years of motorsports experience of numerous programs, of my own and others, amateur/pro street stock level classes which for those who don't know (and that's quite a few) are classes that utilize mostly rules limited, street stock engines, chassis, trannies, (that's cars not the other type so prevalent in Thailand whistling.gif ), slightly modified suspension, tires etc. with few modifications in sprint and endurance racing from 2 hours to 24 hours.

Currently I'm stateside with family and other connections still in Thailand and focusing closely on building a new racing program to compete in Rx8's and also acquiring them, refurbishing the engines in-house, relisting them for sale as they are a classic already and can be had quite cheaply here due to engine failures but with a strong enthusiasts market and high resale value once repaired and may be the last rotary, but are the only 4 door rotary sports car Mazda ever sold to date at any rate. We are also focusing on the performance side, producing both street and track cars for sale offering performance upgrades of customer cars and event rental with track side support and possibly an MX5 or 2 as well, as there is a burgeoning spec series market for those here as well.

We have had Honda backing in the past, we have Mazda backing on a smaller scale at the moment seeking to build a strong relationship with them but over the years we have competed in and eventually won in our own programs as well as others in every drive configuration, engine configuration in Mercs, Acura, VW, Dodge, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Porsche and now Mazda to name a few. I have competed both here in North America, have held FIA, SCCA pro and Grand American pro licenses (working to get all of those back now as well as IMSA) and in Asia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and China though not as much as I would have liked there for a number of reasons mostly due to family commitments. I not only drive mine but also others and have also built and prepared all of my own race cars to date. Hope that about covers it to your liking.. Any more and we'll have to exchange PM's but I guess you don't have enough posts yet to allow that?

Edited by WarpSpeed