Suan Dusit Poll: Over 78% satisfied with government’s tackling corruption

Lite Beer

Suan Dusit Poll: Over 78% satisfied with government’s tackling corruption

165-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About 78 percent of the people polled by Suan Dusit Poll are satisfied with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha government’s performance in tackling corruption and influential people problems whereas about 81 percent are not happy with the government’s performance in dealing with economic problem.

The above results are based on the opinions voiced by 1,154 respondents polled by Suan Dusit University during September 21-25.

The poll also shows the following results: 81.12 percent not satisfied with the government’s performance economic and cost of living problems; 77.06 percent not satisfied with problems regarding farm product prices, debt and landlessness of farmers; 72.11 percent not satisfied with performance in tacking human trafficking and security; 78.54 percent satisfied with performance in tackling corruption and influential people; 73.46 percent satisfied with performance in suppression of narcotics and social order management.

76.99 percent said they support either Meechai Ruchupan or former prime minister Anand Panyarachun to held the Constitution Committee; 43.53 percent said the country has returned to normal and they can pursue a normal life after the coup; 30.57 percent said the situation remains unchanged and they feel unsafe; 25.90 percent said the economy has worsened after the coup.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-27

What corruption they tackled ?

I wanted to import goods last week, but the translation on my import license was not exactly the same as on the invoice, i get a dictionary on the table and I proved it was exact the same product, only different translation.

So answer, sorry sir, cant get this product imported, first need new license ..... arguing would not help, so I told them i didn't want the goods anymore as getting the new license would take me 45 days and in that time the product would be over date...

So they start threatening me that in case of future imports they would make problem if I didn't pay then 120.000 Baht right away and get the goods imported the same day , I refused to pay, and ones more I told them i didn't want the goods anymore, they start talking to each other and came up with a bribe of minimum 85.000, i refused again, and they get upset saying that this would give me problems on every future import.

Tackled corruption ? NO !

jail space is not a problem, punish like some countries are known for (as severely) and i think burial space and bullets may be inadequate to cover all those involved. It sure woulde solve a lot of the countries economic, poverty, education, health, etc problems.

And that would just be the first 6 months+_

Again a photo of the PM looking somewhere in-between worried or a bit constipated. I can never tell which. I certainly rest easier knowing he's on the case. Corruption! Gotta stop it. Off the top of my head I can name at least three cases where corruption still flourishes. I'm sure some on TV have heard of Vard and the "Justice for Jessie" campaign. He had all his property stolen with forged signatures; signatures that were viewed by Thai lawyers. Where's the stoppage of corruption for him? For over a year two Burmese scapegoats have been sitting in a Koh Samui jail because of rampant, unchecked corruption. If you can still get away with murder with money and bribes, I'd say there's still a bit of corruption in Thailand. Further down my list are your usual suspects: jet ski scams, karaoke bar scams, tuk-tuk driver scams. Those are small potatoes compared to slaves on boats, trafficking Rohingya to Malaysia, but why get worked up over something ingrained in the Thai psyche? Can you imagine Ghandi having to listen to a Thai spin lies? At what point do you think he'd give up and start eating again?

Good grief, do you people actually think Prayuth should be personally investigating every instance of corruption and sorting it out himself ?.

The problem is law enforcement. And if you didn't already know, the RTP are not called 'tomatoes' for nothing, they are as corrupt as anybody in this country and are a product of Thaksin and his 'government'.

It will be a massive job for anyone to change how they work. Every single senior officer will be fighting against any changes to remove that corruption. Short of sacking the entire force, it will take serious reforms and years of weeding out before the police might approach something in the West.

I sense Prayuth knows he has no chance and has decided to try and change things politically at the top then let it work it's way down in due course.

You should place the blame where it lies - but in the usual astounding display of hypocrisy, you actually try to blame the Junta for what your own crooked politicians created. However bad things are under the Junta, it is a giant leap forward compared to what Thailand had under the dirty cronies.

Good grief, do you people actually think Prayuth should be personally investigating every instance of corruption and sorting it out himself ?.

The problem is law enforcement. And if you didn't already know, the RTP are not called 'tomatoes' for nothing, they are as corrupt as anybody in this country and are a product of Thaksin and his 'government'.

It will be a massive job for anyone to change how they work. Every single senior officer will be fighting against any changes to remove that corruption. Short of sacking the entire force, it will take serious reforms and years of weeding out before the police might approach something in the West.

I sense Prayuth knows he has no chance and has decided to try and change things politically at the top then let it work it's way down in due course.

You should place the blame where it lies - but in the usual astounding display of hypocrisy, you actually try to blame the Junta for what your own crooked politicians created. However bad things are under the Junta, it is a giant leap forward compared to what Thailand had under the dirty cronies.

Oh Dear , Prayut's lover boy again....

"and are a product of Thaksin and his 'government'.

Corruption is in the entire government institute, including the Customs and the Army, hand in hand with RTP, so you would say they are all a product of Thaksin ?

But in your usual astounding display of hypocrisy, you actually try to blame the Thaksin for everything !

Corruption is in the entire government institute, including the Customs and the Army, hand in hand with RTP, so you would say they are all a product of Thaksin ?

But in your usual astounding display of hypocrisy, you actually try to blame the Thaksin for everything !

No, no. The army are incapable of corruption you see. I mean history and facts tell us otherwise but I've just had some of what john is on and now I'm seeing all yellow.

This is a good post for a change. But no doubt there will be the usual childish snide remarks in reply. The problem is that the anti government posters have not got the sllightest idea how bad corruptuin is entrenched in Thailand. You cant expect the PM to sack the whole police force and land department and in other places where corruption is a way of life. The country would come to a standstill. He has to do it selectively a.

nd slowly. The dusit poll is usually pretty reliable. And it seems that most Thais agrree that he is doing a good job. But some TV posters just cant accept this because they are so ignorant of the true situation

If poll's are going to be used in an attempt to sway public opinion, they should at least be believable...too often they are so far from reality that they are ALL just seen as a joke. Including poll's that might actually have some basis in truth.

Edited by CMguy

And just like any election or referendum result that does not suit the PTP agenda this result is to be ridiculed, denounced and dismissed.

Small mercies this result does not count otherwise we would see smoke rising from the streets of Bangkok......Again!

"don't say 100%."

"why not?"

"no one believe."

"ok. 90%."

"no. try 89%."

"what about 80%. sounds lucky."

"78% sounds good. more lucky."

"ok."

"how much you pay for your new Mercedes?"

"i get from customs. take from farang. 100,000 baht"

"you over paid."

Agree, corruption can't be all product of Thaksin......So how would you expect one man to change everything? Obviously, you are a Prayut's hater. Why don't you just admit it?

Edited by txp158

Agree, corruption can't be all product of Thaksin......So how would you expect one man to change everything? Obviously, you are a Prayut's hater. Why don't you just admit it?

"So how would you expect one man to change everything"

He has chosen to make it a one man show, surrounded by military and ex military conservative old chaps, who don't know anything about politics.

I don't hate Prayut, but his statements and his weekly BS to lure the people into his personal ideas, yes, that I hate.

I also hate that he doesn't allow any opposition , not even questions.

Edited by ikke

Never mind about all this 'Expert' farang expats. I live with and mix with Thais in the village for the past 30 years. No denying. The Thais agree that there are improvements against corruptions. I think they are concern that it is a very deep rooted issue and had gone bad in the past few years when Governments are so held up with all the fighting and bickering in Bangkok. The other concern is how the present or future government sustain the momentum in the fight against corruption.