Thaivisa to launch new daily news video show

Jonathan Fairfield

I quite like the FM 103 news broadcast. Very informative and very well produced. Hopefully, this will be along the same lines. It'd be nice to have an English language news show here.

Best of luck!

But can they find someone that doesn't have some kind of hard to understand accent is the question................whistling.giffacepalm.gif

Hope they learn from Fox News and hire some bombshells! wub.png

But what if Bangkok's answer to Megyn Kelly has to interview President Trump when he comes to BKK to build a new hotel (on firm ground).

It's gonna be Beautiful, It's gonna be Fantastic!

Wow! Now we will get video reports about the jet ski scams, double pricing, is "farang" a racist word, Thai universities failing at the world rankings gems smile.png

Don't forget the in-depth reports on what "Thainess" really is. I'm hanging out for that one.

My suggestions:

1. Change the name to something not remotely associated with TV.

2. Broadcast from a non-Asian country, using presenters who never ever would want to visit Thailand.

3. Bring *real* news, not just the ones you can report on without risking being closed down or expelled.

Value!

Or make it a comedy show. Every week, one octogenarian presenter with his 20-ish wife assistant will read selected TV.com commentaries. At the end of the show, he'll die of an interesting cause - falling off the chair (which should be at least 3 stories tall), knife in the back, anything goes. Then last minute, a policeman rushes to the scene and declares it an accident or a natural cause. Cha-ching!

Then the wife-now-widow will read the lottery numbers and declare herself winner.

This could go on for a while before you need to change the procedure.

Edited by orosee

Based in BKK? Immediately, the viewers know that the "news" is self-censored. So what's the point?

Change the brand, base it in HK or SIN, and go for gold.

Will the world "news" still have a disproportionately high number of Israel and US politics stories? Or, since a video broadcast doesn't generate clicks by discussions, will the "news" be normal news of interest to people?

I'm looking forward to watching.

Edited by Seastallion

Will there be a large green pop-up that blocks the whole screen unless we subscribe?

i get that nasty popup even though am already subscribed. So go figure, TV needs some serious fixing or maybe they just like to spam everybody.

I keep clicking on not interested and the next day the same ones pop up again. Would like to see a one button click saying I am not interested in advertising do you get the message. I think I have deleted over a 1000 of these they are never ending.

Will there be any newscasters under 60, and will they manage to stay sober throughout the entire broadcast? That guy in the photo looks like he's two sheets to the wind already.

Most importantly, will they deliver the news whilst perched on barstools, a hooker on each knee?

here is the 6 minute format

1 min 30 secs Thai National Anthum

2 mins adds selling Thaivisa apartments or house

1 min 30 secs Thai so called weather forcast

30 secs for to days lucky numbers

20 secs telling what will be on tomorrows news broadcast

10 SECS NEWS about a new ghost house some where in Thailand.

I can not wait

All the latest news from Thailand and around the world crammed into a punchy 6 minutes...

Wow... all the latest news from Thailand and the world crammed into six minutes???

It's either going to be very SHORT individual reports, or very FEW reports to fit into the allotted time. Definitely going to be very informative. whistling.gif

So will the typical news bulletin be made up entirely of stories from the website like:

- ...foreigner arrested for overstay.

- ...foreigner robbed by Ladyboy

- .....foreigner in drunken argument with his thai girlfriend

- ....foreigner cheated by thai spouse and left homeless

-...new crackdown on visa runners

?

Can I suggest one of the early reports should be on the atrociously appalling short dresses and tight shirts that some Thai university female students are prone to wearing.

Yes I would like to see this at length, too short length not long length, and those tight shirts certainly need looking at..