Immigration Uniforms.

Why is it that when one flies into Bangkok the immigration staff wear blue jackets, but at other checkpoints wear brown uniforms?
Aren't the brown uniforms the regular police uniform? I don't know what the blue uniform would be, though. And, isn't it white part of the year (or is that the Customs officials)?

Hi Forum, what a nice break, to discuss something trivial, you need that now and then.

My missus says that all Thai government workers, both local and central, have different sets of uniform.

There is a day to day uniform, for immig it is brown. Then they have a fomal uniform. And another uniform for special duty functions such as dealing with international clients.

So, she says the logic is that when they work in immig at a local office they wear their local day to day uniform - brown.

When they work where they come into contact with new foriegn arrivals, diplomats, business people and such, they wear their formal uniform, in this case a blue jacket and dark pants which closely matches the standard blue for uniforms for airport, aircraft and airforce personall world wide.

When they go meet the King or do anything fancy like that they wear the special duty uniform, in this case it is white.

That is what she says anyway, so blame any discrepancy on my missus, not me, ok mai?

Cheerz

Edited by southbot

Southbot

That sounds right. My wife (not immigration) has the white uniform for special occasions but wears normal business clothes with her medical coat during the day.

At some functions she is required to wear traditional dress.

Edited by Farma

Southbot

That sounds right. My wife (not immigration) has the white uniform for special occasions but wears normal business clothes with her medical coat during the day.

At some functions she is required to wear traditional dress.

I believe all civil servants have the white uniform for official functions. I asked if I could wear one. Answer, not unless I want to be arrested. :o