PEA Soi Chayapruek 2 – Closed down

MTH

Just a heads up if you used to frequent this office. Drove by today and it was closed with no visible sign of if/where they’ve moved.

Went to pay at Royal Garden instead, as my bill was slightly overdue. Noticed that they are open 11am – 6pm.

Its a fair way down the Hue Yai road on the right hand side, maybe two or three km after the rail tracks if I remember correctly

Is that an old place or new.

I saw the sign on the sukumvit around the same time they gutted the old place at Chayapuk 2 , I was just assuming that was the new location ?

Maybe it just a sign and not an office. Oops biggrin.png

Its a new building on the right maybe 3km from the railway tracks it has a very large PEA sign sticking out at right angles to the road so you can't miss it, lots of orange PEA trucks parked outside.

Hi - I made the mistake of going for a look for the new office today. The road from the railway line to about 1.5 kilometres up is one of the roughest I've encountered here in the Pattaya region. Nearly lost the Vios in one of the gullies they call pot-holes.

Hi - I made the mistake of going for a look for the new office today. The road from the railway line to about 1.5 kilometres up is one of the roughest I've encountered here in the Pattaya region. Nearly lost the Vios in one of the gullies they call pot-holes.

Yes, they are redoing the road from the railway track to in front of the office!

Traffic is a mess too!

Fortunately the road work operations in the area aren't as slow as they are in Pattaya or Jomtien! Should be done in a few months, not years!

Went to Huat Yai in August to pay the bill. Paid at 7/11 in Sept. Not worth the 15 baht. Somebody must have made money out of moving to Huat Yai, because it does not improve the service to customers. Very weird ---- but this is Thailand.

Went to Huat Yai in August to pay the bill. Paid at 7/11 in Sept. Not worth the 15 baht. Somebody must have made money out of moving to Huat Yai, because it does not improve the service to customers. Very weird ---- but this is Thailand.

It's only 10 baht at 7/11, but you must pay on or before the due date. Otherwise you must go to a PEA office.

As mentioned many times on this forum, PEA offers many places to pay. The Pattaya/Jomtien area is much bigger than most Farangs think! The Huai Yai office is a convenient location for those on the east side and growing rapidly! Huai Yai is probably the largest Tambon in the Banglamung district, area wise. You don't have the traffic problems! With the coming of the motorway extension and road improvements it will become even easier to get to.

I suspect PEA now owns the building and were just renting the office on Chaiyapreuk 2. The facility is much bigger for their staff.

Not weird at all!

Edited by BB1950