Unsmooth Scrolling

crabstix

I have recently had my hard drive formatted and all the data and programs reinstalled. Almost everything seems to be working fine so far. The problem now is that when I am surfing webpages scrolling is extremely unsmooth. The screen sort of flickers and then stops only when I stop scrolling. It gives me a headache. It happens with both internet explorer and mozilla firefox. If I am using the nudge feature on msn the screen flashes for a while. I'm sure it can't be good for my eyes. What can I do to stop it?

If you can't find the right driver then you can reduce the screen resolution and that will lessen the jumpy screen appearance.

Thanks. I reduced the screen resolution. This has made it blurry but it did smooth out the scrolling! I have lost the driver disc which came with my pc. If I want to surf on the net for the correct driver what info about my pc do I need to know?

I have retrieved info wrote down about my PC which I wrote down several years ago. Is this info relevant? Sorry If this seems like a silly question. I am not good with technology stuff.

-system model m MS-7021

-Manufacturer - MSI

X86 family model 10 stepping O authentic AMD ~ 1834 MHz

mother board -msi corecell, model ms 7021

-hardware abstract layer vertion 5.1.2660.1106 (xpsi.020828-1920)

-system type X86-based PC

BIOS Version / date

American Megatrends.Inc version 07.00T 4/2/2001

If you can't find the right driver then you can reduce the screen resolution and that will lessen the jumpy screen appearance.

Thanks. I reduced the screen resolution. This has made it blurry but it did smooth out the scrolling! I have lost the driver disc which came with my pc. If I want to surf on the net for the correct driver what info about my pc do I need to know?

I have retrieved info wrote down about my PC which I wrote down several years ago. Is this info relevant? Sorry If this seems like a silly question. I am not good with technology stuff.

-system model m MS-7021

-Manufacturer - MSI

BIOS Version / date

That's the info for your motherboard. You need to know what kind of video card (the thing your screen plugs into) that you have. Did they supply you with any CDs when you bought the machine?

-system model m MS-7021

-Manufacturer - MSI

BIOS Version / date

That's the info for your motherboard. You need to know what kind of video card (the thing your screen plugs into) that you have. Did they supply you with any CDs when you bought the machine?

Yes they did. But like an idiot I lost them. A good friend of mine who works in IT has kindly offered to help me on Monday. Thanks for all your advice guys. I appreciate it!