Phuket parasail operator slapped with warning over public land claim

webfact

Phuket parasail operator slapped with warning over public land claim
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1443696442_1-org.jpg
A parasail operator at Phuket's Promthep Cape has been warned to not badger tourists and other visitors to the scenic viewpoint. Photo: Islander Sin

PHUKET: -- Rawai officials have warned a parasail operator at Phuket’s iconic Promthep Cape, at the southernmost tip of the island, to not disturb tourists and other visitors while taking off or landing at the popular lookout site.

The warnings follow Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos receiving a slew of complaints from tourists and island residents.

The complaints alleged that a foreigner operating a parasail rental business at the cape had been badgering visitors and telling them to keep clear of the area, Mayor Aroon explained.

“People should know by heart that we do not allow public land to be used as a place for business, but I don’t want this issue to affect tourists, both Thai and foerign.

“So I have ordered officials to check the parasail operator’s license and to order the operator to not disturb anyone else visiting there.

“Also, signs marking the area as ‘Public Land’ will be posted to make sure there are no misunderstandings,” Mayor Aroon said.

Rawai Deputy Mayor Pisit Paphakityodphat warned that further action may follow if the warning is not heeded.

“Promthep Cape is a public area for everyone to enjoy, and it is one of the busiest tourist attractions on the island,” he said

“This type of attitude has upset many people who wanted to enjoy the view or be with family and friends at the cape.

“Nobody can claim any public land at Promthep Cape as their own. If they keep on like this, they will be greeted by law-enforcement officers,” Mr Pisit said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-parasail-operator-slapped-with-warning-over-public-land-claim-54341.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-02

These goofs whilst landing have almost hit me a couple times as I was just sitting on the beach. Also, watched one guy with paying passenger (work permit, whats that?) fall from about about three meters and land right on the female passenger, although sand, she was hurt.

As well as foreigner guy lifeguards and I pulled out in July who landed in the water, was all tangled up in his lines and just about drowned, sure i'd say it's about time they looked into these people.

What I thought? The OP is about paragliding nothing what so ever to do with parasailing and prob the only issues is it appears to be a farang run enterprise and not Thai (the Rawai Mayor recieved a 'slew' of compliants from tourists and island residents) really I wonder how many exactly? more like hey mayor some farang make new business, we get no bhat have ploblem now... How we can fix for happy tourists and island residents?? lets see?