Honda SH150 mount for Givi top box

jharr

I bought an SH150 without the box included (not available) and now find it is not straight forward to mount a Givi top box.

I haven't seen the mount required in the flesh for a Givi monolock plate but looking online believe it is probably a Givi part (e227), see image of mount with Givi plate (part is apparently good for models from 2009-2015).

The local Green Wing claims Honda has no stock and didn't appear interested in looking any further, perhaps as I hadn't bought the bike from them.

The local Givi dealer checked with gtautobike who said it needs to be imported from Japan.

If possible I'd like to avoid international shipping or getting a local machine shop to make one up. By the way, the SH rack is definitely not metal but appears quite strong.

Any suggestions? Yes things would have been simpler if I had bought a PCX. laugh.png

Thanks

post-213801-0-25849400-1444120917_thumb.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Solved rather simply in the end as papa al suggested.

I saw another SH with a monolock plate, see photo.

These are the brackets that come with the Givi box.

3 rather than the 4 provided should be fine.

The bolts provided were not long enough but easier enough to find.

Before I saw this SH I had asked the Givi dealer again about getting the Givi part I found online and it turned out one is available.

Imported for ฿1,700, 2-3 weeks.

Nice to have the simple cheap solution.

post-213801-0-97382200-1444358704_thumb.

You could drill a hole in the center and install a fourth bolt with a fender washer.

Or install a fastener into hole 2 in picture.

Nylocks, Lock-tite, double-nut, sumpin.

Not too hard to do secure install.

Edited by papa al

No more room for more brackets with the current rack, but I'm thinking of some strips of rubber between the rack and the brackets to absorb some of the vibrations.

Cheers

maybe big round brackets/washers might be better than the strip ones. and strips of rubber make it a lot stable too and it is a must.