Don Muang Re Entry Permit Office

Is the Re entry permit office at DM open 24 hours? I have a flight to Hanoi departing at 7am and hope to pass thru immigration at about 6am.

Also, when applying at DM for a permit, do you need photocopies etc as you do at Chaengwattana or is a completed TM8 form & photo enough?

Thanks in advance.

Copy and pasted from this site

http://www.mythailanguage.com/re-entry-permit-thailand/

Quote:

To apply for a re-entry permit you will need to submit the following :

* A completed TM-8 form

* The fee (1000 baht for single, 3,800 baht for multiple)

* An ID picture 4x6cm

* Photocopy of passport (main page, visa page and latest entry stamp)

You will get a re-entry stamp in your passport. It will be available until the end of your current extension. You will have to come back before the date written in your passport to avoid to lose your visa or extension.

Information for Don Mueang:

They have a 24/7 service for re-entry permit.

Tips for Re-entry permit Thailand

The alien who wants to reserve the right of staying in the Kingdom of Thailand must submit Re-entry permit application and pay a fee so that on their return will have permission to stay equal to the original right without an application for visa again. (the alien must not be prohibited as prescribed by the Minister under section 12 of the Immigration Act B.E.2522)

unquote:

• Like 2

Did it two days ago. Very quick smooth gig. I downloaded the form filled it in attached photo. Did not provide photocopies of passport. They just did it. Took 15 minutes as there was someone in front of me. If anyone forgets form etc don't panic they will do t for you. Pic included. The office is just on other side of immigration. If anyone going to swampy it's befor immigration so e careful. Process much better that trip to immigration

• Like 1

I left via Don Muang a month ago; they do everything for you, take photo, fill in form etc etc. Just need to present your self and your passport.

There is a sign saying 24 hours.

Might be wrong but think there is 200baht service fee for that.

• 1 year later...

The re-entry permit office is right behind passport control. The desk is to your right when you enter. All you need is your passport. They will take care of everything. If you have filled out the form and brought a photo, they will keep them. The service is free, but once I didn't immediately get change for B3,800. When I asked them about it, they laughed and said "tip", but finally got the B200 back.

Once the immigration officer at passport control started looking worried. After thinking about it for awhile, she finally pointed out that I would invalidate my visa extension. Then I pointed to the R/E office and she was relieved.

The last time I had a horrible experience at Swampy. Passport control stamped me out of the country without saying anything about my lack of a R/E permit. Told the imm desk behind passport control that I wanted to apply for a R/E. They started looking worried. After some discussion among themselves, they said the R/E office was inside the airport, i.e. BEFORE passport control. But one said I could go to the office from behind.

Went to the imm gate where R/E was and was told that I could no longer go to the R/E office from behind. So I had to get my exit stamp cancelled, then re-enter the country. There was some delay due to confusion about which stamp should have been cancelled. Then I had to go to the R/E office and get the permit. I then had to get back in line at passport control to exit the country for the second time, forgetting that the R/E office can stamp you out.

This took a lot more time than I had planned, so I barely made it to my plane. Fortunately, I had arrived at Swampy early because I had free lounge privileges for this flight and wanted to enjoy the snacks, etc. But I never even got to see the lounge.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BigOm19 said:

R/E counter is still AFTER passport control at Don Muang, yes?

That means I would have been stamped out of the country already?

Yes you do.

You can only get re-entry permits at airports on departure from the country. 

• Thanks 1