Real Estate Agents

chatters

I can only speak of my own limited experience when buying my condo; and that was through David Gray of East Coast Real Estate. I found David to be extremely helpful and pleasantly devoid of the usual bullshit; and his helpfullness extended long after the deal had been closed.

I can only speak of my own limited experience when buying my condo; and that was through David Gray of East Coast Real Estate. I found David to be extremely helpful and pleasantly devoid of the usual bullshit; and his helpfullness extended long after the deal had been closed.

David Gray is very good, whether buying/selling or investing he will tell you the truth about the property as best he can. I have had nothing but good experiences with him, his advice has always been sound as well.

I hear nothing is being sold in Pattaya these days, probably only a matter of time before the real estate agents need to find a real job.

I am looking to buy a modern 1 "bedloom" foreign owned apartment in Jontiem, should be able to get a good deal in that case.

Advertised prices don't seem to reflect that though!

I am looking to buy a modern 1 "bedloom" foreign owned apartment in Jontiem, should be able to get a good deal in that case.

Dear stag4,

I buy, design, renovate and sell condos in Pattaya. When you look at the advertised price of a condo you can figure a 7 to 8 per cent discount to estimate its actual selling price. As with all advertisements some condos are just quoted way to high, but you need to know the market to determine which condos those are.

The following would be a good guideline for one bedroom condos (60 SM or above) that are average to reasonably well renovated. Naturally the higher quality renovation the more it is, the same could be said the worse the renovation the lower the sales price should be.

A) Poor building, poor location, poor view. 1.8 to 2.0. (Majestic Condos)

:o Average building, good location, average view. 2.5 to 2.9 (View Talay 1)

C) Good building, good location, good view. 2.9 to 3.7 (View Talay 2)

D) Great building, great location, good to great view. 4.5 to 6.0 (View Talay 5, Star Beach Condo)

Those are what you could expect to pay retail from a real estate agent and the fair market value of the condo presently. As always there are some real money making possibilities in the Pattaya market. If you are still looking and in Pattaya PM me and I will show you around.

To those that posted condos are not selling now. I bought two units on September 18 and sold them September 20 at a 15% profit. I also sold 3 other condo this month. So I don’t see the slow down your talking about.

Bill

Sorry for not being specific. What I meant to say was "I hear no houses are being sold in Pattaya these days"

I think there is still a small market in Condos but I'm sure that's also a lot less than it was.

Anwyay, I will never understand why anyone will pay 2-4M for a condo. For that price you can get a very nice house!

Edited by Phil Conners

Sorry for not being specific. What I meant to say was "I hear no houses are being sold in Pattaya these days"

I think there is still a small market in Condos but I'm sure that's also a lot less than it was.

Anwyay, I will never understand why anyone will pay 2-4M for a condo. For that price you can get a very nice house!

Phil,

Actually houses are being sold. I have been waiting for somebody to start a new thread under the real estate section to post this, but since nobody has I will post it here. Nobody will read it though. The Pattaya land office is recording companies for the purchase of houses just as before the new enforcement of the old regulations. Here is the kicker, (The size of the land the house sits on must be less than 1 Rai.) Other than that, everything is the same. I have no idea if this is being done the same all over the country.

The condo market is Pattaya was booming prior to the coup. I buy, design, renovate and sell condos; I am not a real estate agent. Immediately after the coup I noticed a significant difference in the calls I was receiving from the agents to show my condos. Each day since then I have seen an improvement in the number of showings. Although, it is not quite up to my usual number showing per week, it not too bad and improving every day. As for the short and long term effect on sales I can’t answer that question presently.

I am from South Florida and I find the reasons people buy condos as opposed to houses here virtually the same as back home. These are some of the reasons people buy condos as opposed to houses.

A) Location

:o Being close to the beach

C) View of the ocean

D) Amenities

E) Lack of required maintenance

F) Transportation

G) Security

H) Investment

I) Quality of the interior (Being able to upgrade the design and materials due to less square footage.)

J) Being close to the bars, restaurants, stores, etc.

K) Have access to large numbers of people whom can they can become friends with.

Any Pattaya real estate agent is just as good as any other (just as bad, too).

In any case, do you really need a real estate agent to sell a house in Thailand? I mean, don't the houses just kind of sell themselves?

Edited by fxm88

O'H THEE OF LITTLE FAITH!...............The original question; forget about the new offices that have opened in the last 12 months or so; Mr Gray & others of his ilk are the best, although, if you are old enough to have sufficient funds to purchase real estate in a modern Pattaya, surely, you are old enough to make up your own mind without the counsel of others!

Bet they sell like hot cakes at that cheap price.

2m round there. Whats your reel name Dick Turpin.

:o

Estate agents, Bar owners, Property developers.

80% of people on the Pattaya section of Tv

Any real people out there.

Dear stag4,

I buy, design, renovate and sell condos in Pattaya. When you look at the advertised price of a condo you can figure a 7 to 8 per cent discount to estimate its actual selling price. As with all advertisements some condos are just quoted way to high, but you need to know the market to determine which condos those are.

The following would be a good guideline for one bedroom condos (60 SM or above) that are average to reasonably well renovated. Naturally the higher quality renovation the more it is, the same could be said the worse the renovation the lower the sales price should be.

:D Average building, good location, average view. 2.5 to 2.9 (View Talay 1)

D) Great building, great location, good to great view. 4.5 to 6.0 (View Talay 5, Star Beach Condo)

Those are what you could expect to pay retail from a real estate agent and the fair market value of the condo presently. As always there are some real money making possibilities in the Pattaya market. If you are still looking and in Pattaya PM me and I will show you around.

To those that posted condos are not selling now. I bought two units on September 18 and sold them September 20 at a 15% profit. I also sold 3 other condo this month. So I don’t see the slow down your talking about.

Bill

pretty fast renovation :o

A) Poor building, poor location, poor view. 1.8 to 2.0. (Majestic Condos):D Average building, good location, average view. 2.5 to 2.9 (View Talay 1)

Wow, Majestic must be one of the best selling Places in Town. The Price just sems to explode. Just 2 weeks ago I saw an ad for two room Condos there for 1'250'000 (56m2) renovated and with furniture. Now they are selling allready for nearly 2 mio. :o

Maybe I should call the Agent. Hopefully he don't know how much more he could ask. :D

Did not say I renovated them, just that bought and sold them. Made a good profit too!!!

Wow, Majestic must be one of the best selling Places in Town. The Price just sems to explode. Just 2 weeks ago I saw an ad for two room Condos there for 1'250'000 (56m2) renovated and with furniture. Now they are selling allready for nearly 2 mio. ohmy.gif

You show me a good quality (60 SM) renovation at Majestic I can buy for 1.25 and I will buy it today. You have it smart ass just PM me and I will buy it today. I will give you the money on Monday. Post your pictures of your condos on this site so we can all see. I will sell it the next day for 1.7 and the buyer will sell in a month for 2.0. Don't post crap if you have no idea what your talking about. And if you have the condo, or know of the condo I will buy it!!!! And if I don't then don't talk your BS. OK, I had a few beers, but this guy has no idea what he is talking about.

What a great response!!! I am so proud!!! Maybe one of you ought to first buy a condo or do just a little research before you even pretend like you even know what you’re talking about!!! Here’s a web site where you can research the asking price of condos at Majestic. As well as the other locations and prices I quoted!!! Let’s see if we hear any of your crap after looking at this. For your information this is without question the strongest up-do-date real estate web site in the city. And arguably if not the 1st then the 2nd most profitable real estate agency here.

http://www.fairproperties.com/condos_for_sale.htm

And the other shoe drops.

He's a shill for Not Fair properties universally regarded as the worst agency in Pattaya.

Real advice from someone not trying to sell you anything.

Anything (houses, condos etc) other than condos that can be bought in foreign name NOT selling full stop. Maybe a chance for a big bargain here as you are rolling the dice with your entire investment. Legally you can not buy these. There are ways around this but they are not even loopholes in the law they are illegal methods of doing things which have in the past been ignored, for the future who knows?

Condos that can be bought in a foreign name, still demand for new units, I know not why, virtually no market for re-sales. Deduct at least 25% from the advertised price for the price you should be achieving. If seller needs to sell then you will get this price. A hel_l of a lot of sellers don't need to sell so leave the property on the market for 1+ years waiting for the right offer.

East Coast agency best as said by others.

Did not say I renovated them, just that bought and sold them. Made a good profit too!!!

What about taxes? How much is payable on this sort of income?

Wow, Majestic must be one of the best selling Places in Town. The Price just sems to explode. Just 2 weeks ago I saw an ad for two room Condos there for 1'250'000 (56m2) renovated and with furniture. Now they are selling allready for nearly 2 mio. ohmy.gif

You show me a good quality (60 SM) renovation at Majestic I can buy for 1.25 and I will buy it today. You have it smart ass just PM me and I will buy it today. I will give you the money on Monday. Post your pictures of your condos on this site so we can all see. I will sell it the next day for 1.7 and the buyer will sell in a month for 2.0. Don't post crap if you have no idea what your talking about. And if you have the condo, or know of the condo I will buy it!!!! And if I don't then don't talk your BS. OK, I had a few beers, but this guy has no idea what he is talking about.

What a great response!!! I am so proud!!! Maybe one of you ought to first buy a condo or do just a little research before you even pretend like you even know what you’re talking about!!! Here’s a web site where you can research the asking price of condos at Majestic. As well as the other locations and prices I quoted!!! Let’s see if we hear any of your crap after looking at this. For your information this is without question the strongest up-do-date real estate web site in the city. And arguably if not the 1st then the 2nd most profitable real estate agency here.

http://www.fairproperties.com/condos_for_sale.htm

Ah yeah, drink and write..... :o Just for you; call Jurarat on 06 313 4841 The ad was in a local Newspaper incl. Pictures. Condo's in forign name. I didn't see the condo and I don't know the person. But the price sound's ok and the pictures looked nice too. Now it's up to you

Ah yeah, drink and write..... dry.gif Just for you; call Jurarat on 06 313 4841 The ad was in a local Newspaper incl. Pictures. Condo's in forign name. I didn't see the condo and I don't know the person. But the price sound's ok and the pictures looked nice too. Now it's up to you
Looks like billaa777 will be buying a condo tomorrow.

000_0178.jpg000_0173.jpg000_0164.jpg000_0042.jpg000_0088.jpg

I am going to call your friend and take a look at the condos. If I can get in touch with him I will bring my camera and post the pictures of the condo here. But, as sure as I am sitting here I am positive these are un-renovated units.

The transfer fees on these condos is close to 50,000 which the buyer usually pay 50 per cent of. The cost to do a quality renovation is a minimum of 400,000. So, if the selling price is 1,250,000 a person purchasing them to renovate and re-sell the condos would have approximately 1.7 into it. Then when he sells the condos they will need to pay 50 per cent of the transfer fees again and 3% real estate commission. So there is close to another 85,000 or so depending on the sales price. The buyer will obvious want to make a profit on the effort and the risk involved with the project. And since my target selling price on these units in this complex is 1.8 to 2.0 your fiends asking price would not allow a large enough of a return on an investment to make a good investment.

But, by at least attempting to explain the numbers to you I hope you are able to see where I get the sales price figures for renovated units from. On the other hand, if these are recently high quality renovated units they are an exceptional buy and a very good investment and I will attempt to buy them.

Below are pictures of approximately the same size condos that I have renovated to give you an idea of what I consider is a quality job

I agree. I've met a number of so-called real estate agents operating in Pattaya and it is all too easy to understand why there are so many bitter posts on this thread.

David, on the other hand, is a real professional and a nice guy to boot. You shouldn't even think of working through anyone else.

Back to the real estate agents. I should have addressed this earlier. Presently I use over 35 agents when I am attempting to sell a condo. I have narrowed down that list from over 50. In my opinion there are not any good or bad agents just ones that have customers that walk through the door whom are interested in buying a property I have. In fact if you check their web sites on a regular basis you will find that many of them have the quite a few of the same listings.

So the question is which agents get the most listing and have the most customers wanting to buy? All you have to do is look at any of the real estate magazines, such as “The Trader” and see who spends the most on advertising. Northern Thai Real Estate has ten full color pages in every issue. Fair Properties has the cover in each issue and advertises every where. Others depend on multiple locations of offices, companies like Paragon have 3 offices, Star Assets has 2 offices in great locations, etc. And then you have agents like Jomtien Properties that are owned by a couple of young guys that are always in the office working hard at there business. Or North Shore that has 4 Thai girls that are always in the office and each one of the girls has worked for years selling and buying properties and have a real good knowledge of the market. Or if you like the personal touch you can try Delight, a new agency owned by a European woman, who is polite and professional trying hard to make a name for herself.

So I feel there are quite a few very strong professional agencies operating in the city. The one that best for you might not be the best for the next person. It just comes down to who has the property you want to buy at a price you want to pay. Try the all until you find what you want.

You show me a good quality (60 SM) renovation at Majestic I can buy for 1.25 and I will buy it today.
In the lobby of the Majestic Condo is a small real estate office (Welcome Properties?) and in their window they advertise a 60 sq m unit on the 4th floor for B1.4m, in case that's still in your price range?

You show me a good quality (60 SM) renovation at Majestic I can buy for 1.25 and I will buy it today.
In the lobby of the Majestic Condo is a small real estate office (Welcome Properties?) and in their window they advertise a 60 sq m unit on the 4th floor for B1.4m, in case that's still in your price range?

Quick it won't last long at that give away price.

its a steel.

:o