Ikobo.com Cheats Hundreds Of Companies

Communications with ikobo:

------- Forwarded message follows -------

Date sent: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:56:21 -0500

Subject: Funds received!

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you for choosing iKobo for your money transfer needs.

Jeremy xxxxxx ([email protected]) has sent you $200.00 USD

(266.13 CAD).

Your sender has successfully verified the two amounts charged to their

credit/debit card. You can now go to any Visa PLUS ATM and withdraw

the funds. Make sure that you have your PIN number with you and that

you select "Checking" when withdrawing funds.

The next time this sender sends you money using the same credit/debit

card, you will be able to instantly withdraw the funds. This was only

a one-time security measure to verify the owner of the credit/debit

card.

Your account number: HW514948TH

Confirmation number: IBK27BBBBI

*Current i-Kard balance: 7911.33 Thailand Baht

Your i-Kard will be mailed to you via Courier (8-10 business days).

The PIN code for this i-Kard will be emailed shortly. The i-Kard can

be used to withdraw funds from over 1 million ATMs worldwide.

If you have any questions or comments about our service or our

company, please contact us at

https://www.qualte.com/Templates/TemplateBlank.cfm?C=22047

Thank you for choosing iKobo,

The iKobo Team

*Depending on the ATM you may be charged a fee when withdrawing funds.

In most cases, the total fees will be less than $3.00 per withdrawal

------- End of forwarded message -------

Dear Wolfgang Holzem,

Thank you for choosing iKobo for your money transfer needs. Your

i-Kard will be shipped on the next business day.

The PIN for your i-Kard is 5xx3.

Withdrawing Funds Quick Tips:

- Funds can be withdrawn at any Visa/PLUS ATM. Find the closest ATM

here: http://visaatm.infonow.net/bin/findNow?CLIENT_ID=VISA - Select

"Checking" when withdrawing funds - Your PIN should be kept in a safe

place. If possible, memorize it and do not write it down. Do not keep

the PIN with the i-Kard and do not tell anyone your PIN.

The iKobo Team

--------------------

This one we received 5 days ago from the customer support and we responded with the above posting that the charge was deducted.

> Dear Customer:

> Our records show that your transaction still pending since the one

> charge amount has not been verified. In order to verify the Pending

> Transaction you have to call the Credit Card issuer or your bank, and

> ask for the amount that was charged to your account and enter this on

> your iKobo account after you log in. In future please use the

> following link for prompt service:

> https://www.qualte.com/Templates/TemplateBlank.cfm?C=22047 Thank you

> for choosing iKobo. iKobo Support

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not used these people but if you are not getting satisfaction go to the source.

Ohuche N. Emeka

[email protected]

All of the other Ikobo names are registred under this name so I would assume that this is the power behind it.

Let us know if all turns out well as I could use a good paypal alternative.

I have not used these people but if you are not getting satisfaction go to the source.

Ohuche N. Emeka

[email protected]

All of the other Ikobo names are registred under this name so I would assume that this is the power behind it.

Let us know if all turns out well as I could use a good paypal alternative.

A Nigerian name - need anyone say more?

Doing business with this Company is asking to be screwed!

Glad to see brownstone is well versed in the origin of names.

The gentleman seems to be an excellent product of the American Educational system.

Emeka Ohuche

President and CEO

Emeka is responsible for the company's financial operations in addition to investor relations. He is also heavily involved in marketing and business development. His extensive experience in the Financial Services Industry domestically and internationally resulted in the Vision for the company and company business model. Prior to founding iKobo, he spent three years as a Management Consultant with Deloitte Consulting Group where he practiced in the Financial Services Industry. Emeka focused on Electronic Commerce Strategy for large Financial Institutions and Banks. While at Deloitte, he led several teams to implement major initiatives involving the strategic use of the Internet, and corporate intranets by Fortune 500 clients. He also served as the thought leader on the use of the Internet as a distribution channel, a marketing channel, and a tool for streamlining processes. In addition, he consulted to clients on CRM Software (Customer Relationship Management) as well as Call Center Strategy and Design. Emeka also advised clients on issues related to large scale process reengineering and Value Based Management.

Prior to Deloitte he was a founding member of Barden International, and helped launch the startup operations of Barden International in Southern Africa, a joint venture between Don Barden and General Motors that involved the largest single sale of General Motors vehicles in the history of General Motors. He spent three years working with McDonald's Corporation in various capacities including Treasury Operations and Management. Emeka is well versed in international business, and has spent a significant amount of time consulting to start-up companies in Europe and Africa. He holds an MBA from the University of Michigan and attended the Stockholm School of Economics as an exchange student. Emeka earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa where he had a dual emphasis in Management and Engineering.

Fine words y_us2, but actions speak louder than words... currently his actions are false promises, excuses, ignored communications and kept money.

If he's got all this experience and qualifications, you'd have thought he'd do a better job running his business.

J

I considered using Ikobo myself but after doing a little due-dilligence and stumbling across posts such as these I don't think I'll bother now. Also I don't feel comfortable dealing with an organization that does it's banking in Antigua, something which it doesn't make perfectly clear.

Despite the reservations I had about ikobo, I decided to give it a try anyway since I am located outside the US and it was exactly what I needed. Yesterday, my most important client attempted to make a purchase from me (for $200) using ikobo while I was present in his office. On the first screen he received after clicking on the payment link, along with the other information, such as name etc. it requested a password. He was confused by this because it was not at all clear if this was a password he was already supposed to have, or if it was one he should create, or why a password was required. The next screen he received after hitting the Submit button said that the account was "Blocked for security verification" or something to that effect. The rest of this screen was very confusing as it was not clear if the account that was blocked was the "account" of my client (he did not know he was creating an account) or my account as a merchant. From the wording, it appeared more likely that it referred to my merchant account (why the purchaser should receive this sceen intended for the merchant I do not know).

The message on this screen said that he? should call customer service or send or fax them a message for security verification. We tried to call, but after an hour of trying, the number remained busy. Also, during the last month, I have tried to contact ikobo by email (3 times), and online chat (twice) and the only response that I have gotten from any of this was one automated reply from an autoresponder.

From this experience it seems evident that ikobo is not really in the business of accepting payments, yet they continue to spam online forums with phony posts written in bad English praising ikobo attempting to induce people to visit their website (some of which appear on this forum). If their business is not actually receiving and transferring money as they claim, then what is it?

They have the ideal setup for stealing credit card numbers since they get not only the number, but also the associated security information.

Now my client and myself are living in mortal fear of what use they may make of his credit card number.

It appears likely that it is a one man, or very small operation, because some portions of their website are written in imperfect english that is very similar to the style of the phony poster on these forums. Both appear to be written by the same person. Well, you know the old saying about things that appear to be too good to be true. What a shame! Too bad this service is not available from a legitimate provider.

I setup my website to use ikobo. I email support with questions and it has taken up to 10 days to get a reply. I was told a month ago that my ikobo card was sent but still have no card. I emailed trying to get another card and did not get a reply. I have money I paid to test my system in my account and can not get it back without the card. I made four $10 purchases and my account says my balance is $20? I also noticed the site says that only $1,000 a month may be withdrawn from the account. What happens if you have a successful site that does $10,000 a month? I also noticed a pic of their "Visa" ATM card had no Visa logo on it.

Stay away! ikobo is a nightmare!

Wait until they freeze your account without explination!

I am setting up a new site, verified my address with ikobo and hired a programmer to make an ipn script. The site is complete except for the ikobo ipn. Since I can not pay myself to test the script the programmer registered. The programmer could not use their ikobo account. After a week of mailing support they received no replies from ikobo. The only thing stopping me from launching my site was the testing of the ipn script. Then ikobo froze my account without explination! The ikobo info stated...

"ikobo has developed an intelligent computer system that identifies suspicious activity. In some cases, the system will block accounts belonging to legitimate ikobo customers."

Very intelligent! A system that can shut down your account and in effect shut down your site even if you are a legitimate customer. Then you have to wait a week or more for support to tell you that they are not allowed to tell you why the account was froze?

You will find out for yourself some day! Do you want to use such an unstable unreliable company?

Since y_us2 appears to be the self-appointed spokeman for Ikobo, (yet one wonders what his motiuvation is), would you care to comment? Time for some more damage control, don't you think?

I am waiting, like others here, to see if ikobo can prove they are genuine in what they are offering as services.

I do have a specific reason for this which has nothing to do with this forum however.

All of the transactions i have done have worked ok and i have received the card and money from the ATM.

If they cannot resolve the problems posted here then I will not use them.

If they can solve them then i will proceed with the interest that i have in them.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

I have advised them of specifics on this board and their senior managers are now looking at the problems reported here.

If they are able to resolve the problems then great, as the basis of their system is excellent and their rates highly competative.

A great number of companies bank offshore, as do farangs in Thailand. Mainly due to controls that are better and easier to work with. In fact it is the Global Bank of Commerce that operate that system, not Ikobo.

Kind regards

The gentleman seems to be an excellent product of the American Educational system.

My dear chap - I am most offended!

I am British you see; and was Managing Director of a large, majority British owned Company in Nigeria - quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange - for over 4 years.

Interestingly our Auditors in Nigeria were the Deloittes local affiliate, and I called the senior Partner there a few minutes ago to renew acquaintance and ask if he had ever heard of Emeka Ohuche ... no prizes for guessing the answer.

It seems too that the University of Michigan has somehow omitted his name from their register of Alumni, a major oversight one might say?

Similarly an Internet search for his name only turns up the self serving puffery associated with the iKobo "Global Integrated Funds Transfer System".

My dear chap - I am most offended!

I am British you see; and was Managing Director of a large, majority British owned Company in Nigeria - quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange - for over 4 years.

Interestingly our Auditors in Nigeria were the Deloittes local affiliate, and I called the senior Partner there a few minutes ago to renew acquaintance and ask if he had ever heard of Emeka Ohuche ... no prizes for guessing the answer.

It seems too that the University of Michigan has somehow omitted his name from their register of Alumni, a major oversight one might say?

Similarly an Internet search for his name only turns up the self serving puffery associated with the iKobo "Global Integrated Funds Transfer System".

Well played, Brownstone!

Emeka Ohuche

President and CEO

Emeka is responsible for the company's financial operations in addition to investor relations. He is also heavily involved in marketing and business development. His extensive experience in the Financial Services Industry domestically and internationally resulted in the Vision for the company and company business model. Prior to founding iKobo, he spent three years as a Management Consultant with Deloitte Consulting Group where he practiced in the Financial Services Industry. Emeka focused on Electronic Commerce Strategy for large Financial Institutions and Banks. While at Deloitte, he led several teams to implement major initiatives involving the strategic use of the Internet, and corporate intranets by Fortune 500 clients. He also served as the thought leader on the use of the Internet as a distribution channel, a marketing channel, and a tool for streamlining processes. In addition, he consulted to clients on CRM Software (Customer Relationship Management) as well as Call Center Strategy and Design. Emeka also advised clients on issues related to large scale process reengineering and Value Based Management.

Prior to Deloitte he was a founding member of Barden International, and helped launch the startup operations of Barden International in Southern Africa, a joint venture between Don Barden and General Motors that involved the largest single sale of General Motors vehicles in the history of General Motors. He spent three years working with McDonald's Corporation in various capacities including Treasury Operations and Management. Emeka is well versed in international business, and has spent a significant amount of time consulting to start-up companies in Europe and Africa. He holds an MBA from the University of Michigan and attended the Stockholm School of Economics as an exchange student. Emeka earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa where he had a dual emphasis in Management and Engineering.

And he would like to deposit 10 million dollars to your bank account. He just needs you to make a small deposit to his account first to help cover various fees.

And he would like to deposit 10 million dollars to your bank account. He just needs you to make a small deposit to his account first to help cover various fees.

No, no, this chap is educated, CMT my dear boy.

He wants us to deposit 10 million dollars into HIS account, whilst charging a small fee for the priviledge.

:o

We use mainly surepay.com and they are owned by First Data, the guys that seem to own Western Union, Telecheck Express and they have merchand facilities in the US and Canada, South America and Australia. They are going to expand into Asia by this or next year. (If I remember correct they own Chase Manhattan Bank but I could be wrong)

As someone who has worked for Chase in the past. You're right - and you are wrong... - First Data does not own Chase Manhattan Bank.!

There is a connection however in that Chase Merchant Services is a joint venture between JPMorgan Chase (2nd largest bank in the US - Citigroup is the largest) and First Data (who do own Western Union).

CAUTION ADVISED

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=218714

For those unable to connect to that link, it appears ikobo.com may have been mirrored, diverted, or spoofed.

The text of that page:

Dear iKobo Customer,

We have been subject to an attempt from a criminal to convince iKobo users to give their credit card information in an email tonight. The criminal has sent an email asking iKobo users to update their credit card information by clicking on a link in the email. When clicking on this link the user is taken to a sight looking very similar to http://www.ikobo.com. Do not give your credit card information to anyone claiming to be iKobo in any email. We will never send you an email asking you for your credit card information, bank account information, login, or password. Be sure you always see https://www.ikobo.com when entering your credit card or bank account information.

If you have entered your credit card information, password, or login, in response to an email from iKobo, contact your credit card company at once and inform them of this attempted scam. If you have given your login or password, immediately go to http://www.ikobo.com and change your password. This criminal could use your password to access your iKobo account.

We apologize for this inconvenience, however you can be assured that any information or funds held with iKobo is secured by us and backed by Verisign and Trust e.

Thank you,

iKobo, Inc.

Jeff < [email protected] >

Associate Editor

Ping! Zine

www.pingzine.com

Mysteriously everyones Ikobo accounts will show up being used by this scam company reported. Do you Think Ikobo is covering it's scam by reporting another scam.

CAUTION ADVISED

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=218714

For those unable to connect to that link, it appears ikobo.com may have been mirrored, diverted, or spoofed.

The text of that page:

Dear iKobo Customer,

We have been subject to an attempt from a criminal to convince iKobo users to give their credit card information in an email tonight. The criminal has sent an email asking iKobo users to update their credit card information by clicking on a link in the email. When clicking on this link the user is taken to a sight looking very similar to http://www.ikobo.com. Do not give your credit card information to anyone claiming to be iKobo in any email. We will never send you an email asking you for your credit card information, bank account information, login, or password. Be sure you always see https://www.ikobo.com when entering your credit card or bank account information.

If you have entered your credit card information, password, or login, in response to an email from iKobo, contact your credit card company at once and inform them of this attempted scam. If you have given your login or password, immediately go to http://www.ikobo.com and change your password. This criminal could use your password to access your iKobo account.

We apologize for this inconvenience, however you can be assured that any information or funds held with iKobo is secured by us and backed by Verisign and Trust e.

Thank you,

iKobo, Inc.

Jeff < [email protected] >

Associate Editor

Ping! Zine

www.pingzine.com

They now want you to give them your password....Just trust us, change your password to another thru our web site.....bullshet...a fool and his password are soon parted!!

As far as I know FirstData owned surepay.com and FirstData is owned by some kind of bank.

If their was any changes over the past one year I have not been informed.

Surepay still works fine for us.

Hi folks,

Things looked very positive last weekend when some guy called Sheel Patel contacting me and actually telling me WE GOT YOUR MONEY 200 USD.

This time they blamed the sender THAT HE GAVE THE WRONG ADDRESS but he actually told me that all he did was entering the ikobo account id.

A day before they blamed that I have two ID's and this could be the problem.

Sheel Patel then told me if I wanted to close one account at which I responded,

I expect the card by courier service at which he responded that my ikard will be send by courier on courier on Monday and I can have the consignment number for the company on Tuesday.

Guess what ? After repeated emails I don't heard anything from them.

The only email I received was that I have an ikard by mail. Yeah, the same they told me in March that they mailed the ikard.

I wonder really if they have any Americans or anything working for them in the States. We know already that a Nigerian seems to be the CEO, an Indian seems to be in charge of marketing and a Russian is involved as well in the company.

Any way I am calling the Antiguan authorities and as well the bank itself that issued the card.

I will also link from our weppages in India, Philippines, Pakistan, Srilanka etc. to the ikobo thread on the Thaivisa website. They seem to be targetting as their main clients Economic Immigrants from South Asia that are based in North America and Europe.

Any way, the website url will be http://ikobo-sucks.asinah.net/ and will be launched on Friday 18:00 (AST)

Thanks

photo downloaded

BTW: Had a chance to talk to today to the Nigerian Embassy and I told them about the 200 bucks. They told me I am a lucky guy to only have been possible scammed for 200 bucks and they again warned me that if the deal sounds to good then it maybe a scam.

Any way I gave them the ikobo website url and they promise to check out the Chief Financial Officer which seems to hold a Nigerian passport.

Wink

oopss and the iKards are printed in Port of Spain, Trinidad

West Indies, I guess.

Hypertech Caribbean and the president is Thomas Khal

who seems to be also

http://www.hypertech-caribbean.com/meet_the_team.html

I like this about Khal:

He is also a member of the Bank Marketing Association and the International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators- Caribbean Chapter.

This also is funny:

He was Assistant Computer Operations Manager for a period of three (3) years

---

An Assistant Computer Operations Manager at BBL or SCB makes around 35,000 Baht per month. I doubt they would get more in little T&T.

Received an answer after I emailed them if their Nigerian company is going to screw me again.

From ikobo as posted. I wonder if they can't track a shipping number how are they even able to track transactions.

_____

Dear Customer,

Your card has been shipped out. It shall take atleast 8-10 business days to

arrive to you. Unfortunately, due to some issues in the shipping department,

I am unable to pull up a tracking number for you. Even so, I shall keep

trying and provide you with one the earliest I can. I apologize for any

delays in answering.

Sheel Patel

iKobo Inc.

678-483-4562

TODAY I RECEIVED THE IKARD FROM IKOBO.

I STILL HAVE NOT ACCESS TO THE WEBACCOUNT BUT I WILL DRAW THE FUNDS AS SOON I HAVE A CHANCE.

IKOBO DILIVERED BY AIRBORNE EXPRESS THE IKARD.

IF I CAN WITHDRAW THE FUNDS I COUNT THIS IKOBO ISSUE AS CLOSED.

BEST REGARDS,

WOLFGANG

It's obvious people are having problems with ikobo. I myself had some trouble receiving my ikard at first, but after speaking to someone in customer support on the chat section at their website it got sorted out. What I mean is the card was sent to me express by air mail and arrived in 3 days without me having to pay anything extra. Anyway, I'm still going to use ikobo because of the fees they have and more importantly because they have coverage over here in my country. I know some of you may think I'm making a mistake, but so far ikobo hasn't done anything to make me not trust them, so I'm sticking with them for now. Who knows, maybe in the future I'll be posting bad things about them as well, although I hope that's not going to be the case.

After reading all the posts on this thread I was at first scared and in the end relaxed. I signed up not long ago and I thought I had made a big mistake. But, in this period of time since I am a customer of ikobo I did receive the iKard and also the money sent to me by a friend of mine. So after all I will stay with ikobo because in the end they have a good offer and I want to make use of it.

I will continue to monitor this thread and also post some of my future experiences with them (good or bad). :o

There are threads on the internet where ikobo is bad spoken but on the other hand there are also a large number of posts with satisfied customers.

So, in the end, if their offer satisfies me and things will go for me as they did until now, I will say good things about them.

Yesterday I finally drawn all funds from the account.

It took 2 months for me to finally receive the payment.

Any way I received the iKard last Saturday (Ikobo paid for the Airborne Express charges) but I will never use them again in the future.

Wolfgang

Yesterday I finally drawn all funds from the account.

It took 2 months for me to finally receive the payment.

Any way I received the iKard last Saturday (Ikobo paid for the Airborne Express charges) but I will never use them again in the future.

From all the posts about Ikobo it looks like the company may well be a scam and they gave you your card because you went to extraordinary lengths to get it. If they are scammers, it's probably worth giving you the card to keep you quiet while they pull more suckers in.

On the other hand (let's be generous), they may be legit. BUT, if they are legit, it really looks like they are doing this on a shoestring, without adequate financing or resources. Credibility and reputation is so important for a new company, and doubly so for one involved in the finance sector. Yet Ikobo seems to have major technical and logistics problems to the point that their reputation is pretty much ruined already.

Their support guy is not a professional. I've worked in customer support and you have to put up with customers &lt;deleted&gt; and blinding all the time. But you don't give them an "I don't have to put up with your crap, buddy" routine. And when customers start badmouthing you in public you do your utmost to put a stop to it quickly. Yet Ikobo doesn't seem to have a clue about damage control.

My guess is this is at best a rinky-dink operation - they found the right product to fill a market niche, but they couldn't get the required financial backing to do things properly. I wish them well if they are legit, but they need to get their act together before more customers suffer.

I have 2 terrible incidents with Ikobo

First time I used Ikobo, I sent money to Phillippines 3 wks. prior to Christmas. Their website say 3 to 5 business days. My brother did not receive the iKard they promised before Xmas and it took them another 2 weeks after Xmas before he received it. In other words, he had no money for Xmas because of their delays and on top of that, I called them many times and would not even respond back. If you call them, it is very difficult to get a hold of anyone there. Then, their Chat site never ever worked!!!

The next incident, in order for them to raise the sending limit say to $3,000 you have to send them very very sensitive information such as, passport, drivers license, SS#, Birt Cert., and Utility Bill. This is very scary because that means they know more about you now. PayPal never ask for any of this information – unfortunately, Paypal failed to send the debit card to this sub-contractor that is why we were desperate to use Ikobo right away. Remember, Ikobo is an Indian company – you are basically dealing with a third world country. I lost $1,000 dollars sending money through UPS to India before. I now wish I did not send Ikobo any of our sensitive information especially since they have terrible service! Be careful!!!!

The second incident is one of our sub-contractor is visiting US. We wanted to pay him through Ikobo so that he receives his ikard here while travelling. He of course, doesn't want to open up a bank acct. here because he needs US ss#. All of a sudden, ikobo blocked our acct. for sending for someone here in vegas. The most frustrating of all is I called many times and again I can't get a hold of someone there, as usual their chat room doesn't work. A week later someone finally e-mailed me with a short and cold response... "Why are sending money to someone who lives in the same area?" So, I e-mailed back and explained about the sub-contractor travelling." That was May 25th and it is now June 2nd I still haven't heard from them. So, again, I called them up patiently 3 times as nobody ever answer the phone. Unless, you wait for a long time, their line sounds like they have cut you off. I patiently waited and waited as I was determined to solve this issue. Then, I finally talked to a Daniel and asked me all the security questions. I have told him that he can call our banker to verify who we are. So, then he said he will remove the block on our account. I noticed he did remove the block so, when I tried to send money all of a sudden “ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED!”

I say, if you can find other ways to send money do it. Don’t use IKOBO. If you hear anything good about Ikobo in the internet, believe me I found they have been spamming the bulletin boards to say good things about their own organization.