Apple Store Thailand (English)? No more?

dominique355

I used to buy all my Apple products through the Apple on-line store Thailand, English. Always worked perfectly.

Now the English version of this on-line store seems to have disappeared. I tried to contact Apple and ask for the whereabouts but no answer.

How can a guy who does not speak (and read) Thai and lives in Bangkok order Apple products on-line now?

Is the website price the same as going to an Apple shop and buying there? I'm planning on getting a new computer soon.

Generally yes, same price..... Ibeats, etc.

It depends where you are in Thailand, some stores outside of BKK (are less likely to have "in store stock") only bring in shipments once a month .... so it can depend when the shipments are made....as to how long you have to wait....

Having shipments from online store usually takes less than a week.... but don't order on Friday! It gets held up until processing on Monday!

I have two accounts, one in the UK and one in the USA. All you need is a valid credit card and there will be no need to use the Thai store.

So where if you use a UK or US card, and order from either country is your purchase shipped from? Surely one would pay tax from overseas country used (?) ...., in the States that would vary from State to State.... UK tax is much higher than Thailand.

I, in the past (before they changed to Thai only blink.png ) have ordered from the Thai online store using my Canadian credit card, no problem ....

Will they ship to Thailand direct using the Thai tax of 7% assuming one uses a Thai shipping address ?

Just wondering? wink.png

Definitely cheaper in LOS when the exchange rate is most favourable. Purchased an iPhone 6 Plus last May from DTAC shop in BKK and on checking my credit card bill came in at £636. UK price at that time was £700. The exchange rate at around 52 baht to the pound and the excellent higher MasterCard rate took care of most of the difference.

I have two accounts, one in the UK and one in the USA. All you need is a valid credit card and there will be no need to use the Thai store.

So where if you use a UK or US card, and order from either country is your purchase shipped from? Surely one would pay tax from overseas country used (?) ...., in the States that would vary from State to State.... UK tax is much higher than Thailand.

I, in the past (before they changed to Thai only blink.png ) have ordered from the Thai online store using my Canadian credit card, no problem ....

Will they ship to Thailand direct using the Thai tax of 7% assuming one uses a Thai shipping address ?

Just wondering? wink.png

It is unclear if the OP is talking about hardware purchases or software downloads. I use my accounts to download music and apps from UK and USA, many of which are not available from the Thai store.

What is the problem? Use Google Translate to translate the page to the language you Want!

You're either joking or you've never tried translating Thai into English with Google Translate .... esp. for anything technical.

What is the problem? Use Google Translate to translate the page to the language you Want!

You're either joking or you've never tried translating Thai into English with Google Translate .... esp. for anything technical.
why not read the description on one of their English sites and when you know what you want go to the Thai store and order it? Sounds like not a real problem. Just poor customer service.

Perhaps if someone could post where to complain to, we should all send a message to Apple Thailand or ever HQ in USA?

I remember a few years ago they actually did a survey from Thailand about whether or not they should provide an English webstore page... It can't be that difficult for them to do!

Perhaps if someone could post where to complain to, we should all send a message to Apple Thailand or ever HQ in USA?

I remember a few years ago they actually did a survey from Thailand about whether or not they should provide an English webstore page... It can't be that difficult for them to do!

Go onto apple website/support/feedback. I've already done it for this issue. The more people complain the better as they do listen, sometimes.

Also there is a thread on this forum from last month all about this same issue, with links provided.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/847159-English-Option-on-Apple-Store-Thailand-Website

Edited by DMC1

Definitely cheaper in LOS when the exchange rate is most favourable. Purchased an iPhone 6 Plus last May from DTAC shop in BKK and on checking my credit card bill came in at £636. UK price at that time was £700. The exchange rate at around 52 baht to the pound and the excellent higher MasterCard rate took care of most of the difference.

It is still more expensive in Thailand than in the USA. For example, the iPhone 6 (64GB model) sells for $757 USD (using exchange rate 35 baht = $1) and only $649 in the USA.

... even with the $100 drop in price in Thailand preempting the iPhone 6s release.

The iPhone 6s in the USA is slightly cheaper than the iPhone 6 in Thailand.

Interestingly the gold version of the iPhone 6 is no longer available on the US or Thailand online stores.

However, I suggest if you live in Thailand and don't plan on travelling back to your home country often, buy here due to warranty issues. Apple are still living in the dark ages as far as international support is concerned and having a broken iPhone in Thailand that you purchased elsewhere is a headache. I had to send an iPhone 6 purchased in the US back to the US for replacement earlier this year. You can't even send it straight to Apple - it has to be brought in for repair by a person. Yes, even brand new iPhones can be lemons. I thought I was getting a deal, but ended up spending more.

My situation was even worse because I brought the phone to the Philippines and stayed there for 5 months. It f***** up in the first week over there and there is no postal/courier service (DHL and FedEx included) in the Philippines that will allow batteries to be sent by air to the US, even if it is in an iPhone. I had to wait 5 months until I returned to Thailand to DHL it to the US. What a nightmare!

Edited by tropo

Go onto apple website/support/feedback. I've already done it for this issue. The more people complain the better as they do listen, sometimes.

Also there is a thread on this forum from last month all about this same issue, with links provided.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/847159-English-Option-on-Apple-Store-Thailand-Website

I just sent them a message, so let's all give them a request to return the English wording on the Thai website!!! ....

It might be fine for those living in BKK but for us others in outlying areas it's not as easy to get the extras / specifications one might need to add ... easier and faster via direct shipping.... wink.png

I just sent them a message, so let's all give them a request to return the English wording on the Thai website!!! ....

It might be fine for those living in BKK but for us others in outlying areas it's not as easy to get the extras / specifications one might need to add ... easier and faster via direct shipping.... wink.png

Yes, I like to always add bits on when I order online, free engraving, extra cables, SSD etc. The resellers are not reliable for stocking what you want & online delivery takes only a few days.

Just wondering? wink.png

It is unclear if the OP is talking about hardware purchases or software downloads. I use my accounts to download music and apps from UK and USA, many of which are not available from the Thai store.

I was tryimg to buy hardware from the Apple shop in their website. I found that I have much more choices than in a shop.

My iTunes account still works fine, but I wasn't aware that I can buy hardware through that acount. Can I?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...