Prayut to reduce his media commitments

Jonathan Fairfield

WASAMON AUDJARINT

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha has assigned his legal and spokesperson teams to face the media more in a bid to avoid further conflicts after it was revealed he will scale back his interviews with reporters.

Prayut - absent from the media spotlight for much of this week - has decided to be more cautious when speaking on matters to prevent misleading media reports that could fracture society, government spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said yesterday.

However, he said the premier still looked forward to giving interviews at appropriate occasions.

Prayut reappeared yesterday for his weekly TV programme "Returning Happiness to the People in the Country".

Sansern said despite the premier's rarer appearances this week, he had worked at Government House every day.

He said Prayut had been occupied with reviewing work outcomes, preparing the next working phases, and meeting with high-ranking officials representing the country abroad.

"The PM wants everyone to rethink how to build stability in the country, instead of building hatred towards each other without acknowledging the law and justice process," Sansern added.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-17

SR Soldiers don't communicate, the give out orders.

Handling 'the press' is an art in Thailand something militairy must avoid at all times, artistic behavior that is.

Even when one retires.

"The PM wants everyone to rethink how to build stability in the country, instead of building hatred towards each other without acknowledging the law and justice process,"

His behavior and actions did not win friends and drove the country further apart. A coup is not the answer to stability. Functioning and fair courts are with a police force that does not take bribes and engage in other elicit activities. These people are so delusional.

If he were a ‘doer’ rather than a ‘talker’ I would quite understand why he would want cut back his media commitments.

Unfortunately, after 17 months of 'talking' and 'doing', I would suggest that two things are painfully clear.

1. He ain’t no talker (well, not of the kind that is meaningful).

2. He ain’t no doer either!

So, if he is going to cut back on talking, what ‘is’ he going to do?

If, as Maj-General Spokesman says, the PM wants everyone to rethink how to build stability in the country, instead of building hatred towards each other, then may I suggest the PM do something about his pathetic failure with reconciliation?

Civilians ain’t like soldiers (that you can bully around at your whim without question), they are free-thinking individuals who have their own opinions about respect and loyalty, and they need to be won over through actions.

It shouldn’t be their task to rethink how to build stability in the country, that’s a leader’s role!

It’s all well and good to say that the PM had worked at Government House every day, but, unless that work actually builds stability in the country, he may as well have stayed at home. After all, even the cleaners at Government House worked there every day, but at least they achieve something!

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

If he were a ‘doer’ rather than a ‘talker’ I would quite understand why he would want cut back his media commitments.

Unfortunately, after 17 months of 'talking' and 'doing', I would suggest that two things are painfully clear.

So, if he is going to cut back on talking, what ‘is’ he going to do?

If, as Maj-General Spokesman says, the PM wants everyone to rethink how to build stability in the country, instead of building hatred towards each other, then may I suggest the PM do something about his pathetic failure with reconciliation?

Civilians ain’t like soldiers (that you can bully around at your whim without question), they are free-thinking individuals who have their own opinions about respect and loyalty, and they need to be won over through actions.

It shouldn’t be their task to rethink how to build stability in the country, that’s a leader’s role!

It’s all well and good to say that the PM had worked at Government House every day, but, unless that work actually builds stability in the country, he may as well have stayed at home. After all, even the cleaners at Government House worked there every day, but at least they achieve something!

"Civilians ain’t like soldiers (that you can bully around at your whim without question), they are free-thinking individuals who have their own opinions about respect and loyalty, and they need to be won over through actions."

Not according to the junta lovers. Well, at least regarding the population of the north/north-east. They are stupid and have to be told who to vote for. Just ask EnglishJohn, djjamie et al.

"Civilians ain’t like soldiers (that you can bully around at your whim without question), they are free-thinking individuals who have their own opinions about respect and loyalty, and they need to be won over through actions."

Not according to the junta lovers. Well, at least regarding the population of the north/north-east. They are stupid and have to be told who to vote for. Just ask EnglishJohn, djjamie et al.

Other than the tax payer funded bike lanes and beach chair organizational efforts, very little has changed other than another group taking their turn at the trough by force. The junta fan club has diminished to just a few brave souls. A sign that the junta starting give off a fish smell.

Lets face it Prime Minister if you can't take the heat in the kitchen maybe you should move out to pool side , from a beginning that showed so much promise to an average score of nothingness, except for Prime ministers in Australia, I haven't seen someone who fell out of favour so fast , General Prem did a far superior job back in 06 indeed a fine job , perhaps you should seek some advice before doing another misguided press interview , as you might be misunderstood, so far the Junta's record on national reconciliation is just that, coffee1.gif a word.

"Prayut to reduce his media commitments"

It's a shame, really. I rather enjoyed his almost daily gaffes that brought us glimpses of what their (old elite) true motives and opinions are.

And this is wholly okay that a guy could hijack the country, install himself as PM under martial law, and have his own political propaganda television show, whereas, a truly elected Samak Sundaravej got toppled for cooking on television.

"The PM wants everyone to rethink how to build stability in the country, instead of building hatred towards each other without acknowledging the law and justice process

So does it mean he admits that there is some "building hatred" in this country. Hmmmh, not surprising to me...

SR Soldiers don't communicate, the give out orders.

Handling 'the press' is an art in Thailand something militairy must avoid at all times, artistic behavior that is.

Even when one retires.

But he doesn't give out orders.....Many people are waiting that he gives out some orders against corruption, cronyism, etc.....But silence.....

It's a shame, really. I rather enjoyed his almost daily gaffes that brought us glimpses of what their (old elite) true motives and opinions are.

And this is wholly okay that a guy could hijack the country, install himself as PM under martial law, and have his own political propaganda television show, whereas, a truly elected Samak Sundaravej got toppled for cooking on television.

for braking the constitution lying about it and getting caught doing so. He could have been reelected by the parliament, but instead they elected Thaksins brother in law.

The September 19 issue off The Economist [which I acquired in Rangoon] — says of the head of the current administration that he “sometimes resembles a ham actor ad-libbing his way through an audition for a rôle a an unhinged dictator.” 'Nuff said.

for braking the constitution lying about it and getting caught doing so. He could have been reelected by the parliament, but instead they elected Thaksins brother in law.

"for braking the constitution..."

You mean unlike the current "PM"?

:):):)

Careful, they will be along soon to tell you that Samak was was ousted for some other heinous crime, and demand you produce links, evidence and proof for what you suggest!

:):):)

Edited by JAG

He just jettisoned it, ( and then awarded himself an amnesty)!

He just jettisoned it, ( and then awarded himself an amnesty)!

Oh well, that's OK then!

I think Prayuth annulled the current constitution when he made the coup. So you can't brake something that doesn't exist.

"I think Prayuth annulled the current constitution when he made the coup. So you can't brake something that doesn't exist."

Well said h90. Wrtten (and badly spelled) like a true son of fascism:

"IL DUCE HA SEMPRE RAGIONE!"

Edited by Enoon

I think Prayuth annulled the current constitution when he made the coup. So you can't brake something that doesn't exist.

55555555!

Yahoo ! biggrin.png

However, he said the premier still looked forward to giving interviews at appropriate occasions.
Prayut reappeared yesterday for his weekly TV programme "Returning Happiness to the People in the Country".

Bummer ! sad.png