More migrants die at sea trying to reach Europe

Jonathan Fairfield

More migrants die at sea trying to reach Europe

606x341_315386.jpg

Turkish coastguards have recovered the bodies of 12 refugees in their coastal waters after the group took to a wooden boat to try and make it to the nearby Greek island of Lesbos from the holiday resort of Ayvalik. Another 25 people were rescued.

In a separate incident four children and a woman died when their rubber craft capsized off the Greek island of Kalymnos, although Greek coastguards were able to save 13 other people. Three people including one child remain missing.

On dry land a tip-off led Turkish border guards to a three-truck convoy heading for the coast with 350 mostly Syrian refugees, many of them women and children, on board. They said they had paid 2000 euros each to make the journey. Two of the drivers were detained, while the third one escaped.

In another incident 92 refugees were recovered by Turkish gendarmes from a bus during a security check

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-18

When will this migration stop..... Send every last one of them home... Why does Europe have borders...wai2.gif Europe is allowing mass migration of murderers, rapists, robbers, cheats, swindlers, and all sorts of evil people.. I have it on good authority that Syria is emptying its prisons and sending all to Europe. And why would they not... And then there is all the do-goodies letting them all in.. welcoming them with open arms. This invasion will come back to haunt Europe... When it's their daughter lying dead on that marble slab, having been raped and murdered by some would be Syrian refugees.... the crows will have come home to roost....! blink.png Beware the Ides of March..!

It seems that it's always the women and children who drown while the men survive.

I guess that the women are not taught to swim, plus they are weighted down by the ridiculous clothes they have to wear. As for the kids, they are more vulnerable to hypothermia than adults and most of the migrants don't seem to know how to attach a lifejacket properly. The crotch strap HAS to be used for children or there is a good chance that the jacket will just slip off over their heads.

It seems that it's always the women and children who drown while the men survive.

I guess that the women are not taught to swim, plus they are weighted down by the ridiculous clothes they have to wear. As for the kids, they are more vulnerable to hypothermia than adults and most of the migrants don't seem to know how to attach a lifejacket properly. The crotch strap HAS to be used for children or there is a good chance that the jacket will just slip off over their heads.

I recommend that you get over there immediately and provide instruction.

No point in telling the elderly western males at TVF as I doubt that any of them have influence in the matter.