Central Festival Parking Shananagans

narkeddiver

A word of warning to anyone parking at Central Festival - the new parking regulations are causing tailbacks onto the super highway

Not sure when they started doing this but when we went there today you have to stop at the barrier and press a button to get a card (instead of someone handing them out)

This seems to take at least 30 seconds per car longer than the old way - hence the traffic jams

The new card is good for 5 hours free parking and you can get an additional 3 hours with a validated receipt - the checking of the receipts causes extra delays on the way out as well!

Sounds like they put some people out of work, too.

Oddly enough it didn't appear so - when you push the button on the machine that gives you the card there is still a person who takes it from the slot and hands it too you

Plus on the way out you still hand the card to a person in the the booth and it appears that they ask for and check the receipt for those who have spent over 5 hours in the mall

Sounds like they put some people out of work, too.

Oddly enough it didn't appear so - when you push the button on the machine that gives you the card there is still a person who takes it from the slot and hands it too you

Plus on the way out you still hand the card to a person in the the booth and it appears that they ask for and check the receipt for those who have spent over 5 hours in the mall

Over 5 hours in a mall? Some folk need to get a life! Or find somewhere else to park, while spending the day elsewhere whistling.gif

Over 5 hours in a mall? Some folk need to get a life! Or find somewhere else to park, while spending the day elsewhere whistling.gif

No argument from me - longest I'll be in a mall is to watch a movie and grab a bite to eat wink.png

Something must've sparked this off. Before Festival opened, Big C Extra (Carrefour) car park always seemed to be full, even though the shop wasn't busy. I guess folk are taking advantage of free parking.

I like the movie theater there the best. Also can not figure out how to spend 5 hours there. Often go to a movie have a meal and a little shopping in Top's. Even the days when I have to wait to pay my True internet aren't that long.

Edited by northernjohn

Yet another example of "if it ain't broke,don't fix it " This new system is causing long delays in exiting the shopping center where probably 99% of the customers never spend 5 hours there so no fees are being received by the management.