Import TAX on Projector ?

freedomnow

Thinking of picking up a 50% off projector from China but unfortunately they use DHL or UPS Express Saver -both 2-day int. delivery.

Price is $135.

Yes, I know it is a basic projector at that price and not bells and whistles 1080p...

Any idea on the total fees/tax to pay on that ?

Edited by freedomnow

there is a site called duty calculator, just google that and you'll have what you need.

But, what is calculted there and what the guy on the day does, then add the "extras" for the courer company and its a lottery.

Only thing you can sure of......I doubt you will want to do it again.

1353 Baht extra fees in an 'ideal world' without corrupt pen pushing bums eating the live beating heart of a farang.

Screen_Shot_2015_10_19_at_5_12_03_PM.jpg

But I'm sure there will be a shipper handling/processing fee more than that total somehow...

Edited by freedomnow

General calculation: Item cost x duty% + postage + Insurance x vat = total then + courier "handling fee".

[/quote]

From personal experience, I have found that screaming down the phone like a deranged lunatic at the FedEx receptionist when they inform you of the handling fees, does seem to get those fees reduced - maybe cos the FedEx office fears that I will murder their delivery guy coffee1.gif

General calculation: Item cost x duty% + postage + Insurance x vat = total then + courier "handling fee".

[/quote]

From personal experience, I have found that screaming down the phone like a deranged lunatic at the FedEx receptionist when they inform you of the handling fees, does seem to get those fees reduced - maybe cos the FedEx office fears that I will murder their delivery guy coffee1.gif

I doubt they worry for the delivery slave. But if you don't accept it, they are stuck with it and can't send it back......

I doubt they worry for the delivery slave. But if you don't accept it, they are stuck with it and can't send it back......

Yep, that must be what they feared with my order. Who would want to be stuck with 20 latex gimp suits...

Yep, that must be what they feared with my order. Who would want to be stuck with 20 latex gimp suits...

had to google it......well I guess if someone would have known enough English they would have kept them giggle.gif

There will be no update on the import tax. bah.gif

The seller was a scammer on aliexpress and they offer you a $15 refund of cheaper downgraded postage

after you pay.

If you open a dispute case on aliexpress , get the partial postage refund and close the case...later when the item does not arrive,

you are out of luck as it is not possible to open a case again. The seller tries to force you into that position of open/close dispute....

Edited by freedomnow