Source For Kids Programs On Dvd?

lost_in_space

Does anybody know where there is a good selection of kid's programs on vcd or dvd? i've bought all i can at the place near my house, and no luck at seacon or pantip.

i'm thinking of barney (my 21 month old daughter loves him), teletubbies, fimbles, etc.

also, are their any programs you would recommend? a friend suggested "baby einstein."

Probably ordering off Amazon or similar is your best bet, or getting someone to send from home. I've found that kids programmes from Australia are the best. My son absolutely loves "Hi-5" and the "Hooley Dooleys". He also likes the "Wiggles", and Australian Play School, as well as Barney and Teletubbies.

I agree - Wiggles is good. Baby Einstein and other such are somewhat boring, but seemingly fascinating to some small kids. There are some good Richard Scarry ones. Perhaps the best bet would be to go to Amazon and see what there are in the kids section, and see if you can find them cheap in Bangkok. Even the legal VCDs here are cheaper than buying from Amazon, but obviously the selection on Amazon is great. (Where I got a heap of baby DVDs. My son has now moved on to Disney and movies, which makes things easier.

Also, I just remembered that True now do Broadband TV which includes Disney channels including Disney Playhouse which had things like Barney and Baby Einstein, etc. I haven't got it yet but plan to as it seems quite good - you pay for the channels you want - mostly about 80 baht per channel per month (plus monthly fee which is only about 190 baht). Has anyone else got this yet? I wonder what the other adult channels are like as the package for them all isn't too bad either.

Don't know where you are, but the Seri on floor 2 has a good selection, Central do some in the children's dept. Though only VCD's, and the scorpian chain of shops too. My best advice is STAY AWAY FROM BARNEY! :D shouting I know, but it is excellent advice. He is my worst nightmare. Three years after my girls last watched a Barney DVD I can still sing all the songs. In my opinion there is something unsavoury about him........... :o

Toys R' Us, BangNa Central : Thomas the Tank Engine,Bob the Builder etc.

Robinson : Doraemon(Thai Lang.), Disney Etc.

Big C, Carefour:39 baht educational ABC, Thai alphabet etc.

Fortune Town: Movies, Nemo, Lion king etc.

Don't know where you are, but the Seri on floor 2 has a good selection, Central do some in the children's dept. Though only VCD's, and the scorpian chain of shops too. My best advice is STAY AWAY FROM BARNEY! :D shouting I know, but it is excellent advice. He is my worst nightmare. Three years after my girls last watched a Barney DVD I can still sing all the songs. In my opinion there is something unsavoury about him........... :o

oy

Nothing whatsoever unsavory about me. I am an all round super-de-duper chap.

:D Sorry Mr Purple, but you are a bit of a naus with your ridiculous grinning stage show children in all shapes colours and sizes. And <deleted> is your sidekick B.J all about, me and mr L nearly pee our pants everytime someone asks where's B.J? :o

• 2 weeks later...
Teletubbies always good for winning an hour of peace and quiet with rapt attention towards the "Mummy Number 2" (television)

Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa Laa and Po.

I noticed that Po often drops a few Cantonese phrases into her speech. "Yap, yee, sap", "Pai Dee".

Baby einstein is worth their weight in gold for young kids.. I downloaded most of them as central only had 3 different ones.