Set back at orchard.

BSJ

Tis a classroom for the wife and I AS neither of us have grown limes before, but of the 4 varieties only one has the makings of success.

So we are pulling out all the trees that are no good and planting more Ban PhiChit One variety.

Haven't put the automatic watering system in yet but the wet weather has been a relief for the bucket brigade!

The pump shed has been painted loverly shade of Aussie Green and Gold.....actually Orange but in my head it's gold!

And everyone in the district thinks it the wife and I building the house next door...but but but it's the wife's cousin! If it was my house it would be finished by now! And it's not on a hill with a view....so remember that for future reference.

post-63954-0-00791200-1445779551_thumb.j

post-63954-0-34720200-1445779621_thumb.j

post-63954-0-72069000-1445779358_thumb.j

post-63954-0-87021600-1445779773_thumb.j

I would think of putting a fence along that road ,the local tea leaves,( thieves) could have a field day especially if you have some limes and the market price is high.

Looks ok , good luck .

Hi there, your right! So the plan is to build a fence before the trees start fruiting. Thanks

Just out of curiosity what medium do you use in the pots/rings?

We had some dirt trucked in and a truck load of mushroom farm turn out which got mixed together then 30 bags of cow manure mixed in. We got 38 trees of the wifes cousin already bagged and the bare root stock from Phi Chit was put in a mixture of worm castings, sandy soil and chopped organic matter we get of a seller on the side of the road in Wang Si Phun. I didn't know if it was a good mix or not but we didn't lose one tree because of the mix.

Looks good. When do you expect the first fruits?

Because we are pulling out more than half the original trees may have marketable fruit the end of next year/early 2017 with the trees yet to be planted maybe late 2017.