New-born pups left to die on Bangkok motorway roadside

webfact

New-born pups left to die on motorway roadside
By Coconuts Bangkok

pups1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Six tiny puppies were found dead on the roadside of a Bangkok motorway Saturday afternoon.

The photo was snapped on the outbound motorway by a Twitter user showing the pups scattered on the roadside, as if they were thrown out of a moving vehicle.

What sort of heartless idiot would do such a terrible thing?

A few hours after the photo went viral, a noble citizen, Kanokwan Khiensuwan, went to rescue the tiny creatures, but it was too late.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/10/26/new-born-pups-left-die-motorway-roadside

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-10-26

These poor pups don't look particularly new-born to me. Couldn't give them away couldn't cope with them.

This happens all over the world no need for Thai bashing. Some people have poor coping skills for lifes issues and that is that. Why the method of disposal has to be so public and so inhuman I can't answer

Get your dogs desexed it only costs abt 1k, don't rely on the popular method here of using human contraceptives randomly over a few years to make the dog sterile, if it eats well it will become fertile again. I speak from experience but mine are all still alive.

it happened in thailand that is the reason for anger by people and bashing the idiotic murdering owner who did this

no need to patronise and say people cannot be angry or bash people of this country who feel its ok to throw young dog pups out of a vehicle on a motorway knowing they will die

Is it possible the mother gave birth to them in the night along the roadway?

Or do we have enough information to start the Thai bashing in earnest ?

Spread around like that? Not likely. One wonders why the Twitter poster didn't stop instead of simply taking the picture.

And why the mention of Thai bashing? We're talking animal cruelty, Thai or otherwise.

The mother would stay with the puppies, so one can assume that they were left to die. If the people who did this are Thai or foreign remains unknown. Edited by hanuman2543

The mother would stay with the puppies, so one can assume that they were left to die. If the people who did this are Thai or foreign remains unknown.

Not if she was run over...y'know this being a highway and all.

A Thai would never do this according to the Thai apologists...this is obviously the work of an old fat farang who is trying to damage the pristine image of Thais...for shame you old bugger...

Edited by ggt

No, it is not. Dogs know where to give birth.

No, we dont

Your first statement is absurd and suggests you don't know a darned thing about dogs or animals. I was farm raised with over 7 decades of animal husbandry and sometimes animals drop a litter or a calf at some pretty inopportune times and so e pretty unfortunate places. It all depends on circumstance.

And please keep us posted on the second.

7 decades and you think those are new born pups ?

"What sort of heartless idiot would do such a terrible thing?"

The same sort of heartless idiot that would let them breed indiscriminately and the same sort of idiot who claims they love their dog yet leaves it to wander the streets untethered..........I guess

The same sort of heartless idiot that would let them breed indiscriminately and the same sort of idiot who claims they love their dog yet leaves it to wander the streets untethered..........I guess

oh be fair... letting them wander the streets and breeding indiscriminately is a carefully considered tenet of Thai Buddhist beliefs. How could a responsible Thai do it any other way? But killing them? No Thai..blah blah blah

oh be fair... letting them wander the streets and breeding indiscriminately is a carefully considered tenet of Thai Buddhist beliefs. How could a responsible Thai do it any other way? But killing them? No Thai..blah blah blah

I don't know that much about Thai Buddhist beliefs but it sounds like it is teaching dogs over humans. In my experience here dogs are left to wander the streets so that they can do their 'business' away from the owners house, often in front of somebody elses house, where the dog owner won't clean up. It also allows many of these free to roam pets to attack people, chase motor vehicles, often causing accidents, and other nuisances to the human population.

I don't think you know a lot about motherhood in the animal kingdom. In the case of your first question, the mother would not have abandoned her newborns. This is a despicable act by person(s) who do not deserve to live.

feral dogs are as unpredicatable as are any other wild undomesticated wild animal.

The small dogs are dead, fact, that is known. Most of the posts are guess work, attempts to talk bad about a unknown which resulted in the death , placement of bodies, etc.

You cannot reverse the outcome or what lead to it, no matter how you feel and if a person was involved, i doubt they really give a dang about feeling of disgust, outrage, etc. chase a good cause before it happens not the result of what cannot be corrected/changed

Bit of an Oxymoron...."responsible Thai"

Edited by kannot

I was to the Philippines, and seen a cage full of dogs, from pups to adults.

Silly me, as I found out that they were, the catch of the day, and would be eaten as

an evening meal. I have also seen stray dogs in the Hua Hin area, almost every year that

I have visited, and it seems that some dogs, are strays, as well as their pups, as it is

hard, and unpopular to be the person who, tries to control the dog population anywhere in the world.

Too bad that the dog owner, did not just dispose of the pups in a remote area, and not along a major road way.

Sad to see the picture of these dead puppies, but I have seen worse pictures of dead

people. I guess life goes on.

This happens in every Country in the World and much much worse.

I do not think anyone here is "Thai Bashing", they are rightly pointing out that who ever did this has mental problems.

I really do not think their nationality plays much part if any, so lets drop the patronisation.

The fact is, in Thailand as with every other Country, but in Thailand there are too may dogs, so many you cannot give them away. Faced with the prospect of feeding several animals which will breed themselves within 2 years the owner has felt he needed to get rid of the puppies by any means necessary.

Obviously in hindsight he would have taken step to prevent this from ever happening, but the reality is the reality.

He/she cannot give them away, he cannot sell them and he cannot keep them. What would you do faced with this situation ?

I am not by the way an apologist for their actions, but simply saying " I would never have been in this situation to start off with....". Wont do !

So he is the challenge, what would you do ?

For my answer first here, lets go. I would have taken all the puppies to the vet and had them put down and while at got the bitch neutered. Whats done is done, but you cannot allow uncontrolled breeding and giving them away or selling them isnt an option.

This happens in every Country in the World and much much worse.

I do not think anyone here is "Thai Bashing", they are rightly pointing out that who ever did this has mental problems.

I really do not think their nationality plays much part if any, so lets drop the patronisation.

The fact is, in Thailand as with every other Country, but in Thailand there are too may dogs, so many you cannot give them away. Faced with the prospect of feeding several animals which will breed themselves within 2 years the owner has felt he needed to get rid of the puppies by any means necessary.

Obviously in hindsight he would have taken step to prevent this from ever happening, but the reality is the reality.

He/she cannot give them away, he cannot sell them and he cannot keep them. What would you do faced with this situation ?

I am not by the way an apologist for their actions, but simply saying " I would never have been in this situation to start off with....". Wont do !

So he is the challenge, what would you do ?

For my answer first here, lets go. I would have taken all the puppies to the vet and had them put down and while at got the bitch neutered. Whats done is done, but you cannot allow uncontrolled breeding and giving them away or selling them isnt an option.

To be honest, in hindsight I am not convinced this pet owner would have done snything different and chances are his bitch still is not spayed today.

There is a cultural belief system in place here that is quite against spay/neuter programs. I have been closely involved in one for over 5 years in Thailand, its the reason I first came here. I am also involved with one in Centrsl America and two in the US and we had a mobile clinic in aindia for five years to cut down on the incidence of rabies in children.0. I can tell you from exoerience that it has been very difficult to change the mindset of the Thai person and make them see the positives of the program. They have as much right to their cultural practices as a Westerner has to theirs.

Basically, the only reason there is any success with the program at all is because it is free. If it cost 100 Baht then the choice would most often be made to let the bitch keep dropping litters and keep the cycle going.

This is not a uniquely Thai issue but there are certain things about the Thai beliefs that make the view unique from a similar practice in Latin America for example. Somewhat steeped in their Buddhist beliefs but I am not an expert on Buddhism or Thailand. Basically there is a belief that removal of these organs weakens the animal.

What would be interesting to me is what are the posters on this thread going to do? I know two of you personally and zi know your commitment and sacrifice to soi dogs but what about the rest of you? Is this enough for you to get involved with either your time or contributions?

A Google search will provide you the websites and contact info for various orgsnizations in Thailand. They are all legitimate.

Edited by ClutchClark