Has Tiger Kingdom in Town reopened yet?

bluweyze

I don't mean the one with real tigers in Maerim I mean the bar/restaurant that had good music before it closed for refurbishment earlier this year. If it is still closed can someone advise what bars/eateries have good music fairly early i.e 8-9pm onwards?

Right.. it's profoundly puzzling why this progresses so slowly. I do see some workers at the site now and then, but it's a snails pace. Which is really strange given how popular the place was; you'd think they want to get it open again asap, and then especially well before high season.

As for alternatives.. the usual I suppose: Riverside, Good View, etc. (Not very original, I know. ;) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Right.. it's profoundly puzzling why this progresses so slowly. I do see some workers at the site now and then, but it's a snails pace. Which is really strange given how popular the place was; you'd think they want to get it open again asap, and then especially well before high season.

As for alternatives.. the usual I suppose: Riverside, Good View, etc. (Not very original, I know. wink.png )

I think it was popular because the music wasn't at all bad but I doubt that any good band will keep waiting on an undetermined timescale so even when it does reopen it might not be as good. It's a pity I liked it although the room design was very sub-optimal for watching a band unless you were placed in the front room.

I am "reliably informed" by a Thai source that the reason for lack of progress isnt due to builders etc, its due to the fact that the owners ( husband and wife I believe) have or are divorcing and there is a legal dispute about money, ownership etc etc.

As for alternatives.. the usual I suppose: Riverside, Good View, etc. (Not very original, I know. wink.png )

When/if they do reopen, hope they still have the Parking area.