US ambassador Davies upbeat after his meeting with PM Prayut

webfact

Mr Brennan, I live in a house with 2 bankers, one hospital administrator, 1 car salesman, and 1 reporter which is not everyone in Thailand but it is a pretty good mix. I talk to them often about the problems here.They are hopeful that Prayut can rid the country of a certain percentage of the corruption, primarily orchestrated by the rich and political figures and the police force. That is 90 % of the real corruption. All of them believe that there is no one else in Thailand that is even a little bit capable of resolving any of these issues but they have hope in Prayut. Now you tell me who it is on your list that will go up against the corruption like Prayut. <deleted> no one.

And if you are one of those that keeps bashing him because you have no other idea of what to do you are an ass like the rest of those. Of course he is not perfect as someone you might suggest. But he is sincere and has enough leverage to actually accomplish something positive for the middle class here and the poor. He can never succeed entirely because like all of us he hasn't all the answers and eventually he must give it all back to a floundering democracy.

Others living here and around the neighborhood who live on street vendoring or wood working don't even have an opinion of what is going on in Thailand. i've had my wife try and talk to many and nothing comes back.

So that is where I get my ideas. You are probably sitting on Prayut's councel so I would expect you know much more about it.

If you think that 2 bankers, one hospital administrator, 1 car salesman, and 1 reporter are a "pretty good mix".it's time for you to visit Thailand.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GLYN DAVIES, the new US ambassador to Thailand, has expressed confidence in Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's sincerity in wanting to restore democracy.

The sincerity was always there. That was evident when Prayut took control of a country spiralling into chaos. He saved Thailand economically and ethically.

Like the UN acknowledging and having confidence that Fiji's coup would restore democracy we are witnessing the same thing here.

I did have my doubts about Davies, but well done to him for this acknowledgement.

Seriously?

GLYN DAVIES, the new US ambassador to Thailand, has expressed confidence in Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's sincerity in wanting to restore democracy.

The sincerity was always there. That was evident when Prayut took control of a country spiralling into chaos. He saved Thailand economically and ethically.

Like the UN acknowledging and having confidence that Fiji's coup would restore democracy we are witnessing the same thing here.

I did have my doubts about Davies, but well done to him for this acknowledgement.

No need for you to call him a hero, he has already labeled himself as such but he could not understand why the UN and USA did see him as a hero (his words). Not sure what the US ambassador said but i suspect he did say this on his first meeting, what else would he say?

The question is when? When will Thailand see these reforms, when will we see significant moves forward?

Its been 18 months now, in that time China builds cities, women can produce 2 babies, 6 seasons come and go and where are the reforms? And now he has announced he needs another 18 months!

As I have said in a previous post, i hope he does what he promised, i want him to do it, it will great for Thailand if he does, but I like many others are not convinced with progress right now.

Indeed

clap2.gif

Dear God he actually used the "don't think too much" line.

Didn't you know he's been studying western ways and dialects long before going to the usofa last month?

The Thai translation of 'ya kit mag gern bai' actually translates to 'don't worry to much' not 'don't think too much' although the word think is used.