School canceled my contract

Hello, everyone!

I have worked as a teacher at Thai school and now I have difficult visa situation. My agency sent me a letter by e-mail that school canceled my contract. Before this message I was at immigration office at 8th October. They give me the paper to stand in Thailand until 7th January. So, I’m going to visit Laos next week to get tourist visa and I’m afraid of some potential difficulties on the border. Do I have overstay or not? Does my paper for standing in Thailand valid?

I’ll be happy about any information about the situation. Thank you.

What is the permit to stay date stamped in your passport.

That slip of paper is just the receipt for your 90 day reporting and has nothing to with how long you can stay in the country.

You will need a termination letter dated on or after the date you leave the country to show immigration on departure from the country. Immigration at Nong Khai and Mukdahan have both been reported as wanting it..

• Like 1

There is no "paper" which would allow you to remain in Thailand

What do you have stamped in the passport ?

1. What Visa ?

2. Do/did you have a Work Permit ?

3. Have you an extension of stay ?

4. Have you been making 90 day reports at immigration?

• Like 1

If you are leaving the country at one of the crossing I mentioned you will need a termination letter from the school.

If you get the letter you could go to immigration before the date on the letter and they will post date the cancellation of your extension of stay to that date. Then you could leave on or before that date without being delayed when you leave the country while they cancel your extension.

If you are leaving the country at one of the crossing I mentioned you will need a termination letter from the school.

If you get the letter you could go to immigration before the date on the letter and they will post date the cancellation of your extension of stay to that date. Then you could leave on or before that date without being delayed when you leave the country while they cancel your extension.

The OP may not have been an employee of the school or have had an individual contract with the school.

I wonder if he actually was/is an "employee" of the Agency which therefore allowed the school to easily terminate its contract with the Agency ?