Is it possible to have 2 valid Thai visa in one passport?

I still have a active non immigrant o for 3 month, is it possible buy a tourist visa before I leave , and use my non immigrant first and later I show the tourist visa when non imigration o running out?

Thai consulate here in austria could not Aswer me this question today, and told I was the first ask this within last 40

In my opinion both visa are valid and I can use it when I want or not?

• I doubt they would issue a new visa without cancelling the old one.
  • I don't see the benefit unless the tourist visa is valid for 6 months.

The only light I can shine on this one is that a few years ago I stopped work for a BOI company and still had about a year left on the B visa in my passport. I assumed that the visa would be invalid and got a multi O outside Thailand.

When I arrived back in Swampy the Imm' officer said, I quote,

Unusual to see two valid visas, which one do you want to use and I'll cancel the other one.

I have no idea if that is right or wrong but it didn't matter to me so I used the new Multi O and he stamped USED on the BOI visa.

• Like 2

Cant you apply for 6 months tourist visa in Australia (90 day + 90 day)? But anyway, like you said in your BOI example, you can only have one visa at a time with one cancelling the other.

Cant you apply for 6 months tourist visa in Australia (90 day + 90 day)? But anyway, like you said in your BOI example, you can only have one visa at a time with one cancelling the other.

This is confusing statement. Tourist visa validity is either 90 days or 180 days from issue date depending on the thai consulate who issues it. In addition, you have either single entry, double entry, triple entry, and [soon-to-be 13 Nov] multiple entry options.

Each tourist visa entry is 60 days. You can then extend an entry for 30 days (add 1900 baht).

So your statement above seemed to be referring to a double-entry tourist visa, with (hopefully) 180 days validity.

But to answer the OP question, it doesnt make sense to have 2 visas simultaneously unless you are simply getting a new visa early. The older/unwanted visa will likely be cancelled at the border upon entry.

Edited by 4evermaat

• I doubt they would issue a new visa without cancelling the old one.
  • I don't see the benefit unless the tourist visa is valid for 6 months.

The only light I can shine on this one is that a few years ago I stopped work for a BOI company and still had about a year left on the B visa in my passport. I assumed that the visa would be invalid and got a multi O outside Thailand.

When I arrived back in Swampy the Imm' officer said, I quote,

Unusual to see two valid visas, which one do you want to use and I'll cancel the other one.

I have no idea if that is right or wrong but it didn't matter to me so I used the new Multi O and he stamped USED on the BOI visa.

I had the same experience. They asked me which one to use in the same way.

The part to add is where did you get the Multi O visa?

I got mine in the States at a large consulate

Thai consulate here in austria

He said Austria, not Australia. The 6 month METV is available after Nov 13.

A two entry tourist visa would be good for 60 + 30 + 60 + 30 days, but it seems once the METV is available a two entry tourist visa is unlikely to be available.

is it possible buy a tourist visa before I leave

In most cases a single entry tourist visa is only valid for 3 months, so if you can enter Thailand for 90 days on your non-imm O, what is the point. At that point you could go out and get a fresh single entry tourist visa in a neighboring country.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

If you have a B visa for a business visit, and you wish to transit Thailand without using it up, then you can either get a Tourist Visa or use the waiver entry, without cancelling a valid visa. If I do not write the visa number on the TM6, the immigration officer does not question me about it, and stamps me in as a tourist.

If you have a B visa for a business visit, and you wish to transit Thailand without using it up, then you can either get a Tourist Visa or use the waiver entry, without cancelling a valid visa. If I do not write the visa number on the TM6, the immigration officer does not question me about it, and stamps me in as a tourist.

You mean not using the non-imm (single entry) that you already have in your passport, and instead enter on a visa-exempt stamp? If so, this might work. This might also work for tourist visa, but you come in first on visa exempt, and then on the next entry (if the visa is still valid), use the visa.

Can you do this regularly? visa exempt, then single entry [tourist/non-imm] visa, then another visa exempt, then single entry [tourist/non-imm], rinse/repeat.

I have held a S.E.Visa (from Thai Elite) the validity of which is 5 years.

I have also taken consulting work in Thailand at which time I had a Work Permit (and extension of stay based on the Work Permit).

So, in answer to your question - Yes, it is possible to have two valid visas, but I'm not sure what would happen in your situation.

My issue became convoluted when I had travelled overseas for a Month at which time my contract finished - I returned to Thailand 1 day before my Extension of Stay (WP) expired. Immigration wanted to stamp me in on my Extension of Stay, which would have meant I had to leave the country the next day.

I insisted they Stamp me in on my Thai Elite S.E. Visa which they wouldn't do until I got some supervisors involved.

(This was upon arrival at Suvarnabumi Airport).

I also got informed in Thai im before i leaved in April that a non OA visa is the better option that i non o for the same price because in case you want to make a extension on a OA visa no extension fees of 1900 Bhat will be charged !

The only problem here the embassy does not know anything about OA visa , was maybe not up to date and could not make it!