Amulet maker Sia Oud kills himself

rooster59

Amulet maker Sia Oud kills himself

BANGKOK: ONE of the country's best-known amulet makers committed suicide at the end of Buddhist Lent.

Sitthikorn Boonchim, better known as Sia Oud, was found dead in his Phitsanulok hotel room on Thursday night. There were no signs of a struggle or an assault.

He left a suicide note.

"I have not found any virtue and truth in the people to whom I have lent a hand," he wrote.

The 44-year-old also wrote that he planned to overdose on sleeping pills at the end of Buddhist Lent.

Several empty packs of sleeping pills were found in the hotel room along with cancer medication.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Amulet-maker-Sia-Oud-kills-himself-30271954.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-31

DeepInTheForest post # 7.

Posters in TV can sure be vicious.

Known as ''Black humour.
It releases tension and eases the pain and strain.
Ever laughes at others misfortune, ever watch those YouTube funny accident clips?
We're all sadists at heart to a greater or lesser degree.

many of us feel, after helping people then let down by those same people, pretty depressed about it and sounds like this guy was just sad and wanted to block out that sadness

show some compassion TVF

RiP

The problem is the method used to help these people, a magical amulet. Thus, these people did not change from the inside, and still lacking in virtue and truth.

many of us feel, after helping people then let down by those same people, pretty depressed about it and sounds like this guy was just sad and wanted to block out that sadness

show some compassion TVF

RiP

The problem is the method used to help these people, a magical amulet. Thus, these people did not change from the inside, and still lacking in virtue and truth.

I do not defend 'magical amulets' but you have no evidence that his suicide note was referring to that. He could have used money for helping a poor family, for example, who then turned against him. You don't know.

Let's withhold our condemnation of this suffering soul. RiP Sa Tuu.

show some compassion TVF

RiP

Apparently you are unfamiliar with how many sick people are cured by placebo drugs.

There is quite alot of healing power in the perceptions of the mind.

if someone receives comfort and a sense of well-being from an amulet, who are you or zi to say its BS?

show some compassion TVF

RiP

Apparently you are unfamiliar with how many sick people are cured by placebo drugs.

if someone receives comfort and a sense of well-being from an amulet, who are you or zi to say its BS?

So the amulet work by giving a sense of well-being. Why lament about the lack of virtue and truth? Do amulets build those traits?

DeepInTheForest post # 7.

Known as ''Black humour.
It releases tension and eases the pain and strain.
Ever laughes at others misfortune, ever watch those YouTube funny accident clips?
We're all sadists at heart to a greater or lesser degree.

Speak for yourself.

Freud said that superstition represents the expectation of trouble. Believing the amulets will prevent and protect from trouble is like inviting it in.

Who gives a crap what that old fraud Freud said. What's he to do with this? I too think amulets silly. I once wore one I'd been given and much admired by Thais everywhere I went. I wore it in Burma as a test and no one even noticed it biggrin.png It's a Thai thing.

Freud said that superstition represents the expectation of trouble. Believing the amulets will prevent and protect from trouble is like inviting it in.

You're not an insurance salesman then? Or risk manager?

These amulets are no different to the crosses, crucifixes and beads the Catholics always have dripping over themselves; or the prayer beads the Moslems carry etc.

All religions and belief systems have some tokens, talismans and "good fortune" things. How many times do you see Catholic sports players crossing themselves before playing or after winning etc.

If people find some comfort in these things, up to them. But clearly, this man was upset at how many he believed he helped behaved. Sad.

If this amulet manufacturer was giving away his amulets for free, or at cost - price, I could possibly have some sympathy for him.

Can somebody confirm that he was not just another rogue business man using religion and human weakness?

However, the odds are that he made a lot of money selling snake oil.

In that case, it is not really relevant whether he was a con artist or believed his hokus pokus himself.

Well you have to understand that if both hands are tied behind back and your found with bullet in hand it isn't suicide.

Actually bullet in head is usually found more likely to be suicide.

I don't know how many sick people are cured by placebo drugs, but I'm sure the number is far exceeded by the number who die after being sold fake medicine.

When a farang is teported to have committed suicide then the forum is up in arms and accusing the BIB of a cover-up.

When a Thai dies from reported suicide then its Comedy Central.

Its called TVF racism.

Nah it's stupidity which abounds on www forums where common people can have an opinion...