Retirement Visa

I am on the last 90 days of my retirement visa. I had heard originally that a check of the bank book was to take place 90 days after (first sign in). Now I hear it is 90 days previous in the bank. I am already past that requirment. Am I supposed to go back to a tourist visa for 90 days for the bank time to pass? That may be reviewed on an individual basis in my/others circustance but that will remain to be seen. I have always had good luck with immigration. I'm sure there are many that have this same problem. It is one of those little "catch 22's" that put the requirement before the notification.

My bank account here dwindled down to B10,000 before I topped it up last week with B900,000 from the US.

I renewed my retirement visa today with no problem.

The visa supervisor did tell me the 3 month rule would apply next year.

I take that to mean the money must be in my account in early July next year, 3 months before I renew the visa again.

She then added it probably would not matter for me as I now have a 2 year passbook history of bringing money in on a regular basis and spending it like crazy!

Twin

My bank account here dwindled down to B10,000 before I topped it up last week with B900,000 from the US.

I take that to mean the money must be in my account in early July next year, 3 months before I renew the visa again.

She then added it probably would not matter for me as I now have a 2 year passbook history of bringing money in on a regular basis and spending it like crazy!

Twin

Thanks for that info, Twin. It has put my mind at ease and no doubt others' too!

Twin

I thought I had just posted a reply, but it appears the gremlins are about so here goes again:

Thanks for that, Twin. :D

As suspected, the scaremongering was just that... :o

As a matter of interest, at which Immigration Bureau did you get your extension?