Clinton encourages Israelis to carry on legacy of Rabin 20 years after assassination

webfact

Tell me, who profited from the fields that you mention, the USA or Israel?

Please, stop being silly. The US profits from being allies with Israel or it would not be happening.

In the hard security realm, Israel remains an important partner in dealing with evolving terrorist and military threats as well as preserving the competitiveness of the U.S. defense-industrial base through joint development efforts and cutting-edge technology. Just as important, Israel has facilitated U.S. efforts to deal with emerging soft security challenges related to economic competitiveness, the information technology revolution, resource sustainability, and public health.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/asset-test-how-the-united-states-benefits-from-its-alliance-with-israel

Israel is such a blessing to the world peace and prosperity with its technology that it offered nuclear weapons to South Africa at the height of apartheid,
has armed both sides in Colombia's civil war, and has sold military expertise to such luminaries of freedom and democracy as Eritrea, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Cameroon, Gabon and Chad among others.
Despite the USA halting sales to South Sudan during its civil war , Israel cashed in on the opportunity
Rabin must be turning in his grave

Rabin must be turning is his grave that he's being used as a tool to promote your agenda.

Rabin as IDF Chief of Staff and twice Israeli Prime Minister was surely aware and involved in some unsavory aspect of Israel's arms trade.

Now, are there major arms manufacturing countries not involved in such shady dealings?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israel is such a blessing to the world peace and prosperity with its technology that it offered nuclear weapons to South Africa at the height of apartheid,
has armed both sides in Colombia's civil war, and has sold military expertise to such luminaries of freedom and democracy as Eritrea, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Cameroon, Gabon and Chad among others.
Despite the USA halting sales to South Sudan during its civil war , Israel cashed in on the opportunity

Rabin must be turning is his grave that he's being used as a tool to promote your agenda.

Rabin as IDF Chief of Staff and twice Israeli Prime Minister was surely aware and involved in some unsavory aspect of Israel's arms trade.

Now, are there major arms manufacturing countries not involved in such shady dealings?

Probably not, but very few countries participate in it with the alacrity that Israel does.

Probably not, but very few countries participate in it with the alacrity that Israel does.

Easy to say, harder to demonstrate. Again, not the fact that Israel does engage in such dealing. but that it does so more than other major arms exporter countries. Considering that some of you guys see Israel itself as a dodgy country, the annual USA military aid could be construed as an example of such shady dealings. This would already place the USA with a 3 Billion Dollars worth of sales ahead of Israel. If one takes most Arab countries to be dodgy in terms of human rights, repression, lack of democracy etc., and compares it with the list of relevant arms exporters, things could look a bit different.

Easy to say, harder to demonstrate. Again, not the fact that Israel does engage in such dealing. but that it does so more than other major arms exporter countries. Considering that some of you guys see Israel itself as a dodgy country, the annual USA military aid could be construed as an example of such shady dealings. This would already place the USA with a 3 Billion Dollars worth of sales ahead of Israel. If one takes most Arab countries to be dodgy in terms of human rights, repression, lack of democracy etc., and compares it with the list of relevant arms exporters, things could look a bit different.

Every country in the Middle East is dodgy in terms of human rights, repression, lack of democracy etc.

To see any one of them as a paragon of virtue is either naïve or disingenuous.

The whole region should be avoided like the plague.

Every country in the Middle East is dodgy in terms of human rights, repression, lack of democracy etc.

To see any one of them as a paragon of virtue is either naïve or disingenuous.

The whole region should be avoided like the plague.

Which is nothing to do with your original one liner premise.

Can't recall ever seeing ANY country as a "paragon of virtue" - failed straw-man argument.

The all-or-nothing approach and lumping things together are usually the refuge of the uninformed.

Again, Zionists come in WIDE SPECTRUM of political ideologies but they all agree on the core values of Zionism. Political self determination for the Jewish people realized eventually in the creation of the state of Israel.

I realize the rabid obsessive Israel demonizers have brainwashed a lot of people that Zionism is a dirty word ... but it simply isn't true. It's an INSULT to the memory of Rabin, who I personally admired greatly, to suggest that he was NOT a Zionist. Of course he was.

I know their game. They say we don't hate Jews. We hate Zionists. We don't support Arab and Muslim "freedom fighters" to kill innocent Jewish civilians ... only Zionists. That's total BS and a cover. If you hate Zionists you hate the vast majority of all the Jewish people in the world who do support the core values of Zionism ... realized today in support for the existence of Israel, it's right to defend itself, and such core policies as right of return for global Jewry if they choose to participate.

http://www.thetower.org/article/i-am-a-british-liberal-zionist-deal-with-it/

Ariel Sharon put it in much starker terms. “It is impossible to have a Jewish democratic state, at the same time to control all of eretz yisrael. If we insist on fulfilling the dream in its entirety,” he said, “we are liable to lose it all.” A Palestinian state, therefore, is not a sop to the Palestinian people or the international community. As Zionist leaders like Ben-Gurion and Sharon, Yitzhak Rabin, Shimon Peres, Tzipi Livni, and Ehud Olmert have all concluded, it is the only way to save Jewish democracy and the Zionist project. I agree with this assessment, because I am a Zionist too.

Hmmmm...when I mention the Zionist dream of controlling all of eretz Israel, I'm a demoniser.

At least here in your quote, that dream is confessed to.

So, it's established then. There is indeed a dream or goal to control everything from the river to the sea.

No wonder Likud avoids peace.

Again, Zionists come in WIDE SPECTRUM of political ideologies but they all agree on the core values of Zionism. Political self determination for the Jewish people realized eventually in the creation of the state of Israel.

I realize the rabid obsessive Israel demonizers have brainwashed a lot of people that Zionism is a dirty word ... but it simply isn't true. It's an INSULT to the memory of Rabin, who I personally admired greatly, to suggest that he was NOT a Zionist. Of course he was.

I know their game. They say we don't hate Jews. We hate Zionists. We don't support Arab and Muslim "freedom fighters" to kill innocent Jewish civilians ... only Zionists. That's total BS and a cover. If you hate Zionists you hate the vast majority of all the Jewish people in the world who do support the core values of Zionism ... realized today in support for the existence of Israel, it's right to defend itself, and such core policies as right of return for global Jewry if they choose to participate.

http://www.thetower.org/article/i-am-a-british-liberal-zionist-deal-with-it/

Ariel Sharon put it in much starker terms. “It is impossible to have a Jewish democratic state, at the same time to control all of eretz yisrael. If we insist on fulfilling the dream in its entirety,” he said, “we are liable to lose it all.” A Palestinian state, therefore, is not a sop to the Palestinian people or the international community. As Zionist leaders like Ben-Gurion and Sharon, Yitzhak Rabin, Shimon Peres, Tzipi Livni, and Ehud Olmert have all concluded, it is the only way to save Jewish democracy and the Zionist project. I agree with this assessment, because I am a Zionist too.

Hmmmm...when I mention the Zionist dream of controlling all of eretz Israel, I'm a demoniser.

At least here in your quote, that dream is confessed to.

So, it's established then. There is indeed a dream or goal to control everything from the river to the sea.

No wonder Likud avoids peace.

It is probably more to do with the insistence that there is only one school of thought in Zionism, when even the quote clearly shows this is not so.