Toyota Fortuners...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No thanks, I'm saving coins to buy a Tesla Model s.

Pathetic look-at-me ego extensions.

Don't want to be seen driving a Fortuner neither in a BMW or Mercedes.

Weeeeeeell, you can have my ol' Vigo if you buy me a Merc...deal....?tongue.png

Cos I don't care who sees my hansum face...giggle.gif

This seems to me that it is a SUV habit. I normally stay between 100 and 110 KM on good highways. Most of the vehicles passing me at high speed are SUV's.

At 100/110 you will get busses pass you at high speed most of those travel at 120+

140 on the 1/32 north of BKK.

Yes power to weight ratio is a good guide to acceleration but torque at lower rpm is not necessarily important. The previous gen Fortnuer and PJS are an example. These had very similar power to weight ratios but the 3.0L Toyota torque was at lower revs than the 2.5L Mitsubishi. The Mitsu achieved slightly better acceleration numbers. In the real world, the lower torque of the Toyota and less turbo lag made the Fortuner better in stop start driving but the power running upto 4,000 rpm made the PJS a little better for overtaking.

The rated power is at one rpm point only. What really matters is the average power through the working rpm range.

Edited by Jitar

We're still discussing acceleration factors for land-tank touring SUV's? tongue.png

Maybe we can start talking about the offroad prowess of B class eco cars too? tongue.png

Hehehe

J/K - can we at least talk about performance mods that get them under 10 secs? :D

Edited by IMHO

I really enjoy beating the big pickups and SUV's, when I'm in the front row, at a traffic light, in my little Nissan NV.

They just disappear in the back; but a minute later, they will overturn me with 100++ km/h.

Just some specs: The Nissan NV has a 1,600 cc, 16 valve, DOHC engine, that gives 115 HP; and the weight of the car is only 950 kg.

It really reminds me of my old "top tuned" Mini.

I really enjoy beating the big pickups and SUV's, when I'm in the front row, at a traffic light, in my little Nissan NV.

They just disappear in the back; but a minute later, they will overturn me with 100++ km/h.

Just some specs: The Nissan NV has a 1,600 cc, 16 valve, DOHC engine, that gives 115 HP; and the weight of the car is only 950 kg.

Dont state the Truth. You wont be popular here. Its a Twin Cam by the way.thumbsup.gif

We're still discussing acceleration factors for land-tank touring SUV's? tongue.png

Maybe we can start talking about the offroad prowess of B class eco cars too? tongue.png

Hehehe

J/K - can we at least talk about performance mods that get them under 10 secs? biggrin.png

Yeah acceleration times are of academic interest but they do give a rough idea of what the car is like to drive.

What happened to the talk of a 250 hp Ecoboost Everest? That might get close to 10 sec. Fuel consumption would be a worry though.

Dont state the Truth. You wont be popular here. Its a Twin Cam by the way.thumbsup.gif

But looks a birds ride.........laugh.png

Who cares; as long as it moves!

Hehehe

J/K - can we at least talk about performance mods that get them under 10 secs? biggrin.png

Yeah acceleration times are of academic interest but they do give a rough idea of what the car is like to drive.

What happened to the talk of a 250 hp Ecoboost Everest? That might get close to 10 sec. Fuel consumption would be a worry though.

Rubbish..........laugh.png

Which bit is rubbish?

All we know is that the car has been designed to take the 2.0L ecoboost, but so far, that engine option hasn't yet been made available for sale - AFAIK - and it's the Chinese market that is the focus for that engine anyway. Unlikely we'll get it in TH anyway though - the next step up for us will be the new Panther family diesel engines in/around 2018 - the top spec of which is rumored to make 240HP.

Edited by IMHO