Is there a bank in Trendy Building?

Which country is your wife applying to?

Theoldgit is correct if applying for a UK visa.

But there are other visa application centres in the Trendy building; e.g. Australia. Whether they still accept or require payment by draft I don't know.

Sorry, I don't know if there is a bank in the building itself.

Sorry I had forgotten about the Australian Application Centre in the same building, I've never noticed a bank in the building but there are a number of banks nearby on Sukhumvit, and if you do mean for an Australian Visa, they take cash though not cards.

You can't pay by draft, haven't been able to do so for a considerable time, the fee has to be paid online, in US$, when the online application is submitted.

Had an Email yesterday from Embassy VISA Section saying to go to Thai Bank to get a BANK DRAFT for Payment.

You can't pay by draft, haven't been able to do so for a considerable time, the fee has to be paid online, in US$, when the online application is submitted.

Had an Email yesterday from Embassy VISA Section saying to go to Thai Bank to get a BANK DRAFT for Payment.

Email?

"from Embassy VISA Section saying to go to Thai Bank to get a BANK DRAFT for Payment."

Would that be the Nigerian "Visa Section" ?

Who sent this email?

Which "Embassy VISA Section" are you talking about ?

• Like 1

Email?

"from Embassy VISA Section saying to go to Thai Bank to get a BANK DRAFT for Payment."

Would that be the Nigerian "Visa Section" ?

Who sent this email?

Which "Embassy VISA Section" are you talking about ?

Indeed, the OP still hasn't said which country the visa application is for, if it's for Australia and assuming their website is up to date:

How do I make payment for visa charge ?

All payments for visa fees have to be made through Demand Draft/Bank Draft or Cash .You can buy Demand Draft / Bank Cheque from any Thai Bank drawn in the name of Australian Embassy Bangkok or pay cash at the time of lodgment at Australian Visa Application Center.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Thailand//faqs.html

But as I said yesterday, I don't think there is a bank in the building itself, but I'm not 100% sure, but there are a number of banks on Sukhumvit, a few minutes walk away.

The application fee must be paid online at the time of submitting the online application. It is not possible to pay by cash or bank draft at Trendy. The fee is taken in $US, and is currently 1501 $US. In addition, you will need to also pay the Health Surcharge fee online at the same time. That is 600 GBP.

Tony M

It's for the UK. The last visa i did for my wife 3 years ago required a draft.

The system has changed since then.

As already said, UK visa applications are now submitted online and the fee paid online.

Once the fee is paid online you make an appointment for your wife to attend the UKVAC to hand in the signed hard copy of the application form, the completed financial appendix (if this is a settlement application) and her supporting documents and have her biometrics taken.

How to apply.

BTW, the fees given by TVE above are for a settlement visa. If your wife is applying for a visit visa the fee is currently 133 USD and there is no NHS surcharge.

Sorry I had forgotten about the Australian Application Centre in the same building, I've never noticed a bank in the building but there are a number of banks nearby on Sukhumvit, and if you do mean for an Australian Visa, they take cash though not cards.

The Dutch now also use VFS's VAC at the Trendy Building for Schengen applications. And I wouldn't be suprised if more Schengen member embassies will copy procedure. Norway or Denmark has a VFS VAC elswhere but I think that for VFS it would be cost efficient to have all their VACs in the same (trendy) building. Sadly this will be the future: go to a VAC, pay service fees etc. Thus decreasing the costs for the countries involved while increasing the cost for applicants at the benefit of less experience staff to deal with your applicantion... Luckily under the current Schengen rules these external service providers are still entirely optional (right of direct access at the embassy itself) but this will be gone when the new Schengen rules are accepted and come into force. /end rant.

• Like 1

The Dutch now also use VFS's VAC at the Trendy Building for Schengen applications. And I wouldn't be suprised if more Schengen member embassies will copy procedure. Norway or Denmark has a VFS VAC elswhere but I think that for VFS it would be cost efficient to have all their VACs in the same (trendy) building. Sadly this will be the future: go to a VAC, pay service fees etc. Thus decreasing the costs for the countries involved while increasing the cost for applicants at the benefit of less experience staff to deal with your applicantion... Luckily under the current Schengen rules these external service providers are still entirely optional (right of direct access at the embassy itself) but this will be gone when the new Schengen rules are accepted and come into force. /end rant.

When anyone can come up with a link to the Dutch Schengen visa service at Trendy, please post. If not here, maybe in a new thread.

Thanks,

NL