If J.k. Rowlings Had Wanted To Write Book In Thailand

Hypothetical news article, dateline, December 1994: British subject Ms J.K. Rowlings was detained at the border. She had two visa renewal stamps in her passport and was hoping to get a third, but Thai immigration authorities instead gave her a deportation notice. Ms Rowlings mentioned that she only wanted to find a pleasant secluded place in Thailand where she could sit and write a book – a fictional story of a boy who finds magic. Thai authorities didn’t care whether she was a writer or an astronaut, it was clear she was not rich enough to stay longer than ninety days in Land of Smiles.

Ms Rowlings admitted that she had received public assistance in Britain, but that she could support herself by doing some teaching in Thailand while writing her book. Immigration officials were not impressed and promptly gave her seven days in which to leave the country or else go to prison.

i've been writing a book for the last year or so, with about 7-8 months to go. it'll be interesting to see if i get tossed out. i usually fly, and get tourist visas, rather than 30 day stamps.

(i dont expect jk rowlings' sales numbers or anything even close, and dont even have a publisher yet, however).

i've been writing a book for the last year or so, with about 7-8 months to go. it'll be interesting to see if i get tossed out. i usually fly, and get tourist visas, rather than 30 day stamps.

(i dont expect jk rowlings' sales numbers or anything even close, and dont even have a publisher yet, however).

Let's hope JK Rowling gets slaughtered and fed to pigs for the drivel that she writes.

Except for the upcoming book inspired by Thaivisa, where Himime engages in a 12 person bukkake party and Harry comes out of the closet to show his manly love for BFF (best friend forever) boy toy Ron Beasley. And Harry uses his wand for pectoral implants, and as a result is stricken with breast cancer, which, in a supreme case of irony, it turns out only intervention from medical doctor Harry's father could have saved.

Which isn't so much ironic as stupid, which is about on par with the whole idea of writing a fake press article from 12 years ago about some hypothetical multi multi multi millionaire who would have a choice of a plethora of visas but instead got sucked into doing visa runs with the great unwashed.

Unless of course this is a hypothetical look back in time 'what if she had written the first book here'. And the answer would have been 'what if she did, whoopdido that would do sweet FA for the Thai economy, since hardly anyone knows or cares where she wrote any of the books - I know i have no idea where she wrote them, at a guess sitting on the crapper, or sorry, crappiere (it is french and hi so you know).' Unless you have some other answer.

Really? Is this the level to which we have stooped in shooting holes in the new visa regs? Inventing hypothetical situations involving what if famous people before they were famous were somehow slightly involved or affected?

Edited by steveromagnino