Double TV still available in Vientiane before 13 November ?

does anyone know if the double entry tourism visa is still available at the thai ambassy of vientiane laos on next week so before the 13th november ?

and in the same condition than before , no prove of bank statement or ticket flight ....

Quick question if anybody can answer it...

I am on an Ed-visa which doesn't expire until 23rd November, but like so many I am now thinking of going to Savannakhet next week to get a 2 entry tourist visa, do you think it will be a problem going up with 2 weeks left on the Ed Visa? I do have a letter from the school saying the course finished on the 22nd November but I hardly think I will need a letter from the school anyway to transfer to the tourist visa going on other reports on here doing the same kind of thing.

If I take a spare 20k thb just on the off-chance they ask for proof of funding should this be enough?

Thx

I would guess your non-ed visa expired some some ago and you are now on an extension of stay. You extension ends as soon as you leave the country so it in no way would effect you applying for a tourist visa.

You will not need the letter to a apply for a tourist visa.

The 20k baht would be enough if they ask you to show funds when you re-enter the country.

• Like 1

Yes it should be no problem if you go before the 13th.

Now is the time to do it,I expect it may be busier than usual given the circumstances.

Good luck.

Cutting it fine, but my current visa runs out in a few days, was wondering if I fly out to Penang tomorrow, 11th, apply on 12th for a double (not sure if I'll make it in time for an 11th application, never been before so unsure how it works).. would that work do you think?

Or is it too close?

Now is the time to do it,I expect it may be busier than usual given the circumstances.

Good luck.

Cutting it fine, but my current visa runs out in a few days, was wondering if I fly out to Penang tomorrow, 11th, apply on 12th for a double (not sure if I'll make it in time for an 11th application, never been before so unsure how it works).. would that work do you think?

Or is it too close?

Penang does not do 2 entry tourist visas. Your only choice is either location in Laos.

Good luck.

Or is it too close?

Penang does not do 2 entry tourist visas. Your only choice is either location in Laos.
Ahhhh damn, of course. Thanks.

Have just been to a local Thai Visa Office and have been informed that it is not a problem after the 13th to get the 6 month multi, just a Passport and 3 photo,s are required. The new rules are supposed to simplify the system apparently. Will be going at the end of the month so will let you know, that is if nobody finds out before.

• Like 2

Have just been to a local Thai Visa Office and have been informed that it is not a problem after the 13th to get the 6 month multi, just a Passport and 3 photo,s are required. The new rules are supposed to simplify the system apparently. Will be going at the end of the month so will let you know, that is if nobody finds out before.

Do you mean you got information from some visa agent ?

Please let us know when you have obtained an METV

• Like 2

Special service? whistling.gif

How much is the "agency fee" and the "consulate facilitation fee"? tongue.png

• Like 1

I wonder when we get the first reports that someone received the METV from Vientiane. whistling.gif

I will as well apply for a METV. But in my home country. I planned this trip months ago.

Edited by alocacoc

I wonder when we get the first reports that someone received the METV from Vientiane. whistling.gif

Soon hopefully but can't see it happening unless we have all misread the requirements which seems very unlikely

I doubt if any South East Asia Embassy will issue the METV to any non residents, it would be picked up on straight away as soon as you tried to enter Thailand

Maybe I chose the wrong straw then - I went to Savannakhet, the guy's looking at a pretty full passport, he hands it over to another guy with a security hat on - he then scrubs the '2 entry' note out and flicks 1000 back at me, I decided to pluck up enough courage to ask 'why', he gave me that look of 'how dare you question me' before saying 'you are working in Thailand', I said 'no, I have been on the ed. visa with a school', he said 'speak thai', so I said 'yes I speak a little thai language', I mean I can have a little conversation if they speak slowly and use basic words we have all studied from the orange book, he just said 'not good enough' without even offering up a little tester conversation and I took my 1000 and made good of it before he did anything nastier!

Phew that was snappy and horrible and nothing like the experiences I have read of so many who have taken the Savannakhet route in the past, maybe 2 weeks earlier it might have been ok, I think he kinda suspected I was trying for a last minute 2-entry visa before the METV because I still had 2 weeks to run on the Ed. Visa and he clearly didn't take too kindly towards it, though I'm sure others will have gotten the 2 entry with no problem.

ubonjoe was right though - I didn't need a letter of confirmation from the school (didn't want to show it anyway it was dated 20th November).

Maybe I chose the wrong straw then - I went to Savannakhet, the guy's looking at a pretty full passport, he hands it over to another guy with a security hat on - he then scrubs the '2 entry' note out and flicks 1000 back at me, I decided to pluck up enough courage to ask 'why', he gave me that look of 'how dare you question me' before saying 'you are working in Thailand', I said 'no, I have been on the ed. visa with a school', he said 'speak thai', so I said 'yes I speak a little thai language', I mean I can have a little conversation if they speak slowly and use basic words we have all studied from the orange book, he just said 'not good enough' without even offering up a little tester conversation and I took my 1000 and made good of it before he did anything nastier!

Phew that was snappy and horrible and nothing like the experiences I have read of so many who have taken the Savannakhet route in the past, maybe 2 weeks earlier it might have been ok, I think he kinda suspected I was trying for a last minute 2-entry visa before the METV because I still had 2 weeks to run on the Ed. Visa and he clearly didn't take too kindly towards it, though I'm sure others will have gotten the 2 entry with no problem.

ubonjoe was right though - I didn't need a letter of confirmation from the school (didn't want to show it anyway it was dated 20th November).

Sounds like Savanahket is now more difficult than Vientiene. Granted, my new passport was clean, with only info present stating my previous entry was a 60-day-TV - but they didn't seem to be giving anyone any hassle at Vientiene, while I was there.

And/or maybe it was the Ed Visa in there. If word came down that "Ed Visa" = "Bad Illegal Workers," this could explain it. How long were you on ED?

If someone goes the ED route, maybe best to go out to Cambodia and replace that passport via your consulate, before coming back on TVs and VisaExempts. The one French guy with a valid ED visa who was denied at airport was also on an ED - and he could speak Thai.

Yes, I have been on it (the ED. visa) a while and though I could have been more studious I do have the basics nailed down. In any case I do hold my hands up and say I am in that unfortunate bracket they are now targeting as it were so please don't pour the hot oils over me - they are doing a pretty good job of that themselves anyway.

I have booked an interview for a passport renewal in Bangkok next week because yes, I did think a nearly full passport and the only place in it is Thailand might have been the route cause of their concerns, the passport application office are also asking for proof of address - I just wonder if a bank statement shall suffice - I did get a joint bank account with my partner when I was on the Ed. visa and a previous request for a bank statement gave my name and the address in English (in English is also a requirement for the document) on it - it just says 'document' with proof of address on the requirements list.

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2015/09/thailand-introduces-a-new-visa/

It was announced by TTR Weekly already in 9/2015 that METV will not be available to anyone outside their home country. We even ship in over 240,000 tourists to Thailand and can't get a METV for our clients.

Forget about your visa agents, They will just take your money and on the end tell you sorry but here is a Single Entry.

4 Single Entries and you might have to fly home to get a METV.

Picked up my tourist visa today and I and many others got the double entry.

hi

did u get it in the same condition before ? no copy of fly ticket and no bank statement ?

thank

Yes no proof required.

Picked up my tourist visa today and I and many others got the double entry.

Because you applied before the 13th of November so double entries were still available.

Indeed, was very lucky to accidentally just happen to apply on the 12th.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this posted elsewhere but just to confirm, in case this is of use to anyone. Have just returned from Vientiane and only the 60 plus 30 ext is available there no METV but you are allowed to back to back these entrys, not sure how many but personally happy with the situation. We went with a visa agent as we are new to all this. This runs was great, very pleased with the set up as we did not have to fill out any paperwork or pick up our visa's as this was done for us, but in saying that it is very easy to DIY but a lot more queuing and having to return the next day for collection.