Thailand's FDA to probe popular whitening 'salmon sperm' soap

webfact

Officials to probe popular whitening ‘salmon sperm’ soap

salmon_sperm_soap.jpg

BANGKOK: -- After the whitening "chlorine” soap proved to be rather dangerous last month, a dubious new whitening trend has emerged among young Thais -- rubbing salmon sperm in the shower to keep their skin white.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said Wednesday it would investigate the popular "salmon sperm” soap after the product was being widely sold on the internet.

The soap, which advertises itself as a skin-bleaching product and claims to be FDA-approved, has been sold on Facebook and Instagram for around THB50 a bar. Merchants swear salmon sperm beats the socks off collagen, glutathione and vitamin C for its skin-whitening properties.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/12/officials-probe-popular-whitening-salmon-sperm-soap

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-12

Salmon Sperm - rriiggghhhtttttt.

I'm sure I saw some of their "collection trucks" loitering around sois Cowboy and Nana, as well as Walking Street and soi 6 (next to the Public Library). They look like those small water trucks with the 500 gallon tanks on them, except they have a logo on the tank showing a salmon laying on it's back getting a "happy ending".

I've collected my "home-made salad dressing" in transparent bottles and tried selling them at my local market as anti-ageing cream, but found no takers blink.png And my work permit application was rejected too!

Maybe asking for 3,000 baht per 200ml bottle is a bit much, but I have my standards. cool.png

...rubbing salmon sperm in the shower to keep their skin white

Damn - now I know where I was going wrong with the women when I offered them a 'facial' - should have emphasized the whitening properties and they'd probably have paid ME!

I hear "Farang Sperm" is the best for The face area for Thai women, also can be used by men too......and I am selling it for 500 THB a bottle or you can special order it fresh to your door...by calling; +1- 800-555-face

Yeah, draught beats bottled any day.

I've collected my "home-made salad dressing" in transparent bottles and tried selling them at my local market as anti-ageing cream, but found no takers blink.png And my work permit application was rejected too!

Maybe asking for 3,000 baht per 200ml bottle is a bit much, but I have my standards. cool.png

Just go to Siam and look around for some pretty thai girls with signs. They are looking for donors to <deleted> off into a bottle for their YouTube vdo to get a lot of hits. I am sure they will be happy to accept your dressing. Hehee

Althese leeches do is launch probes to make money from fines or pay offs

There so weak it makes me sick.. People having a go at marketing and business and these clowns come along with the probe they pulled out of there own ass. Put your probes to good use and probe the government

When my Thai wife moved to Florida and saw all the super hot and sexy tanned girls at the beach, she decided quite quickly being ghost-white was not the answer.

In with the Tropical Tan oil and now she is as tanned as the rest of them.

Just goes to show you how silly Thai people can be when they have no idea what is going on in the rest of the world.

Why can't we just stand at the end of the aisle where these fraudulent products are being sold, and say to any potential purchasers "You are beautiful just the way you look, you don't need this". Apart from Ying 3 doors down, she's a face like a bulldog sniffing a wasp and needs all the help she can get.

When my Thai wife moved to Florida and saw all the super hot and sexy tanned girls at the beach, she decided quite quickly being ghost-white was not the answer.

In with the Tropical Tan oil and now she is as tanned as the rest of them.

Just goes to show you how silly Thai people can be when they have no idea what is going on in the rest of the world.

By the rest of the world you mean your own country. It is clear that the rest of the world to you is your own country and that you are ignorant of other cultures.Just goes to show how stupid expats are when they see something they don't understand yet want to blame it on the locals.

"...rubbing salmon sperm in the shower to keep their skin white."

There's one born every minute.

Apparantly more than one when you are dealing with Thais. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And of course no one else ever in the world has ever fallen for an advertising gimmick. But never mind belittle the Thais if it makes you feel better. At the end of the day they are the ones laughing at you,