Obtaining Non-O (retirement) in Vientienne

Ok, we are heading to Vientiane tomorrow night to attempt to obtain our Non-O (retirement for me, dependent for my wife) visas. I won't repeat the problems we had with our third retirement visa extension recently. Suffice it to say we need to start at square one again.

We are still receiving conflicting information on exactly what we need in terms of paperwork, etc.

We are taking the following:

1) Copies of passport pages

2) Certified letter from Canadian consulate documenting monthly pension and marriage

3) Original pension documents

4) Certified copy of marriage certificate

5) Bank book and letter from bank showing top-up money in bank account to satisfy financial requirements (thanks to wonderful Canadian exchange rate, pension is a tiny bit short for the first time) - has only been in an account under my name for the last few days, it was previously in a joint account which caused problems the last time)

6) 2000 baht for fee

Application form which we will get there.

Should this do the trick?

I assume that in a couple of months I can begin the retirement extension process once the funds have been in the bank for that length of time as we did the first time a couple of years ago.

I realize I could have obtained my non-O here in Chiang Mai but decided to do it the same time as my wife since she has to get her "follow" visa out of country. Hope that wasn't a mistake!