Suwarnabhumi To Compete With Changi?

a2

Suvarnabhumi can compete against Changi: Singapore airport chief

Suvarnabhumi Airport could become a "formidable competitor" to the award-winning Changi Airport, according to the Singapore airport's managing director Foo Sek Min.

He said Bangkok's new international airport was a "100 per cent improvement" on Don Muang, despite the many hitches since it opened on September 28.

Foo warned, however, that Suvarnabhumi should be aware of its costs spiralling, put up better signs and improve its baggage-handling system.

He said Changi - regarded as the world's best airport - was confident in its strategy of having three main terminals plus one low-cost terminal, instead of having one mega-terminal like Suvarnabhumi.

"We believe we need to be on a human scale. Passengers won't get lost, so we have three terminals," Foo said.

The Nation - 6 October 2006.

the new airport will only compete with changyi in so far as bkk is a regional hub. sng/bkk sort of fly different routes/destinations - so its sort of apples and oranges.

i have not yet been to suvarnabhumi but will bet b5000 that not one 10th the thought has gone into suvarnabhumi that went into changyi in regrd to passenger comfort. free internet-nope. lounge chairs in quiet sleeping area-nope. widescree tv's-nope. charge phone free-no. pretty garden outside and lovely orchid in-nope. showers and big clean toilets -nope. super educated/efficient/clever workforce-hardly. clever/quick security -nope. cheap/fast left luggage -nope.

just a huge sprawling unfriendly airport -land of smiles welcoming you to visa hassles.

it will be a hub also becasuse i read regional aircraft will go there for mnt. ok, that is a + for them - not for me though. i want comfort.

i bet just like don muang that it will be chock a bloc full of high priced shops, fattening fast food outlets - and get this....like don muang, no where to sit let alone relax. no seats, really quite insulting!

I'm happy to see the new airport (better late than never).

Don Muang just could not handle the capacity.

Give it "time" and "Suvarnabhumi" would be as good, if not better, than Changi. (As long as Singapore doesn't build another airport).

Not a chance in hel_l of the new aiport competing with Changi regarding comfort.

Every time im at Changi, im amazed at what they have thought of next.

Coming from England, im used to paying for all the kind of stuff that you get for free in S'pore. Its a truly enjoyable travelling experience. Ill see what Suvarnabhumi has to offer next weekend.

Suvarnabhumi can compete against Changi: Singapore airport chief

Suvarnabhumi Airport could become a "formidable competitor" to the award-winning Changi Airport, according to the Singapore airport's managing director Foo Sek Min.

Well, as much as I hate to say it, I was expecting much about the new airport and well, I got little.

Competing with Changi?

Not the airport I have seen...