Smoking At Suvarnabhumi Airport

onzestan

Hi there,

I cannot begin to imagine that I am the only smoker that is seeking info about smoking at the new airport :o , so here are my questions :

- are there smoking cubicles in the transit area ?

- any of the lounges, cafés or other where one can light one ?

Thanks beforehand for any outcome :D

regards

onzestan

I was there today and i'm sure i saw a place to smoke, I THink!

I noticed smoking rooms, (glass boxes) as I came off my plane last night. Rather stupidly the doors of these (very small) rooms had their doors open, so that all the smoke was happily drifting through the walkways from the arrival gate to immigration. Not clear on the strategy of this, but maybe there isn't one, like a number of other not-well-thought-out features.

As to smoking rooms before departure, I did not see any, but then I wasn't looking. But they may have suffered the same fate as the loos, which are there, but just not signposted.

Hi there,

I cannot begin to imagine that I am the only smoker that is seeking info about smoking at the new airport :o , so here are my questions :

- are there smoking cubicles in the transit area ?

- any of the lounges, cafés or other where one can light one ?

Thanks beforehand for any outcome :D

regards

onzestan

No, you are not the only one interested in this topic!

I'll be flying out soon and would also like to know if there are smoking areas, especially after passing outbound immigration where we "bad" guys can tank up on nicotine prior to boarding a very long NON-smoking flight.

I guess that before passing immigration it should be possible to walk out into the open and light up, or did they ban it there now as well?

opalhort

I guess that before passing immigration it should be possible to walk out into the open and light up, or did they ban it there now as well?

opalhort

Well, I join the club of the "bad" guys.

Smoking outside the terminal is no problem, same as in Don Muang.

I would also be interested if there is a smoking section/room in the Thai lounges.

crockett

Seems like no smoking frequent flyers? :D

Looks like all the "frequent smokers" are taking a boat nowadays since we are no longer allowed to satisfy our addiction on normal means of transport. :o

Seriously now: after passing outbound Immigration, are there any areas/rooms where an addict can light up before boarding the plane?

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

I flew out on Emirates last week. At the emirates gate, i forget the number, i did not see any place to smoke. However, i was looking to buy something to drink (beer) and had a look around. I didn't find anything to drink but i did find a smoking room downstairs at the few gates where the japanese flights were leaving from.

The airport had only been opened a day and the ashtray was overflowing. Disgusting really, it almost made me think about giving up! :o

When HKG opened the new airport a few years back, there was not a single smoking area. They had planned for it but it was just not ready. Lateron they added first some smoking rooms downstairs and subsequently sep. many (too many?) rooms close to the gates both at departure and at arrival.

Believe the same will be done in BKK.

Edited by Axel

Ah we all think about giving up, but will we....?

On the flyertalk.com site they mention that ther are smokers boxes in all areas of the airport.

I am not confirming it's true, just what I've (just now) researched (google, Smoking at new bangkok airport)

Just done some more research... Slightly off topic but...

Lookie what I found>>>

Ah... I'll post them tomorrow.. My connection is too slow tonight (smoker welcome flights.... Not just that german smint dude, but otheres tooo!!!!)

Edited by kayo

On the flyertalk.com site they mention that ther are smokers boxes in all areas of the airport.

I am not confirming it's true, just what I've (just now) researched (google, Smoking at new bangkok airport)

Lookie what I found>>>

Ah... I'll post them tomorrow.. My connection is too slow tonight (smoker welcome flights.... Not just that german smint dude, but otheres tooo!!!!)

Please Chris tell me now I cant wait any longer :o

Flying back to UK last week I had a really good look but couldnt find anywhere to smoke once past immigration, absolutely nothing!

Sparking up outside the front of the terminal seemed to be the general idea.

Oh and maybe it was just the time of day that I was there, but allow ALOT of extra time to get through immigration/passport control. When I went through, all of the lanes (there must be at least 15) were absolutely rammed, it was much worse than when departing through Don Muang.

Happy travels - FM

Lookie what I found>>>

okay (only cos it's you... ) >

Lookie what I found>>>

Lookie what I found>>>